LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Official 2011-12 Oakland Athletics Offseason Thread

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
A's might have lucked into an OUTSTANDING prospect in June.

Lucas Giolito sprained his UCL and will miss his high school season. He was definitely a top 3 pick, possibly #1 overall. This injury may slide him a bit, but if a team is willing to pick him and still pay him close to what he would have received in the top 3, he may skip over his commit to UCLA still.

A's have money and the slot to get possibly pick him up.

What position does he play?
Originally posted by ImaMod:
A's might have lucked into an OUTSTANDING prospect in June.

Lucas Giolito sprained his UCL and will miss his high school season. He was definitely a top 3 pick, possibly #1 overall. This injury may slide him a bit, but if a team is willing to pick him and still pay him close to what he would have received in the top 3, he may skip over his commit to UCLA still.

A's have money and the slot to get possibly pick him up.

What position does he play?

SP
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
SP

That'll be interesting
I think he'd play college ball though and prove that hes still got lots of talent.. then get drafted where jhe would've originally get drafted
SP

That'll be interesting
I think he'd play college ball though and prove that hes still got lots of talent.. then get drafted where jhe would've originally get drafted

Well its impossible to make the kind of money in the draft that Strasburg and Harper made. There is essentially a cap on draft picks now.

Thats why I said if he still goes in the top 10 and pays him close to what he would have got in the top 3, he'd be getting very close to the same money.
Cespedes to start @ Center Field tomorrow!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Cespedes to start @ Center Field tomorrow!

The games on CSN California. I'm.going to watch
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I'll have the TV on the game..and only pay attention when Cespedes and Manny bat

it'll be fun if I get to watch Colon bat too pinch hit doe
The games on CSN California. I'm.going to watch

Thanks for telling me man I had no idea..I was trying to figure out a way to see it somehow lol

I'll have the TV on the game..and only pay attention when Cespedes and Manny bat

it'll be fun if I get to watch Colon bat too pinch hit doe

Lmao yea it would..Pinch hit and bunt doe
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
no problem dude

first pitch is supposed to be 12:05.. pacific time obviously..
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Cespedes is about to have his first at bat!

and he walked..

Now Manny is at bat

wow first pitch right there..Manny regretted not swinging at it. Wouldve bee awesome if he homered
[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM ]

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Cespedes just homered
i love this guy
[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM ]
oakland remodel anyone?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8572806
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
oakland remodel anyone?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8572806

Sounds to me like something that either won't happen or will fail
lol athletics

AAAA team lol
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thechamber52:
lol athletics

AAAA team lol

haters gona hate
I bet we have the best triple A team now

just kidding. But basically every rebuilding team is a AAAA team. the future looks bright though. So many prospects at many different positions and many highly touted prospects

Seriously, Weeks at 2B will be awesome I think he's the next Jose Reyes honestly, Cespedes in CF hopefully pans out he has start potential, once Brett Anderson has the potential to be one of the best pitchers in the league, Jarrod Parker (has ace potential) and Bread Peacock (has potential to be a great #2, has sort of Matt Cain stuff, nothing amazing but really good at everything), AJ Cole has potential to be a great #2 pitcher also, Sonny Gray our 1st round pick also a great prospect. Our future at SP looks great, we have 4 guys who have the potential to be as good as No. 1 pitchers in starting rotations.

Derek Norris at catcher is projected to be a big slugger, Chris Carter and Michael Taylor are question marks as theyre both 25 but hopefully they can turn it around but I've labeled them as busts lulz. Brandon Allen can be a decent 1B. Michael Choice at OF is looking great for us so far in the minors (another 1st rnd pick, he's still 22).

Whats great about it is all of them will or should be in the big leagues in 2015. Right now were one of the worst teams in baseball but the future looks very bright in 2015, especially if we a stadium. And hopefully if we have a bottom 3 draft pick we'll draft the next Bryce Harper

I doubt you read all that cause your probably dont care lol
[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 11, 2012 at 9:08 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone