Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**The Miami HEAT - 2011-2012 NBA CHAMPIONS**

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by andes14:
Damn, can't believer neither Wade nor James has attempted a single 3 this year. Pretty scary when they're both this aggressive.

I think LBJ is making a statement - that this year he's not going to stand around the perimeter in the 4th quarters of the most important games of his life.... these first 3 games have not been. Let's see if he keeps this up.

I still think he's a weenie for having the luxury of standing in the corner while Wade wins the game. That's what happened in Charlotte.

C'mon man, the play was designed for Wade to take the shot. Even Wade said after the game, he was surprised coach called his number and thought Lebron should get the last shot because he had been playing well - but coach went with Wade on that night.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Damn, can't believer neither Wade nor James has attempted a single 3 this year. Pretty scary when they're both this aggressive.

I think LBJ is making a statement - that this year he's not going to stand around the perimeter in the 4th quarters of the most important games of his life.... these first 3 games have not been. Let's see if he keeps this up.

I still think he's a weenie for having the luxury of standing in the corner while Wade wins the game. That's what happened in Charlotte.

C'mon man, the play was designed for Wade to take the shot. Even Wade said after the game, he was surprised coach called his number and thought Lebron should get the last shot because he had been playing well - but coach went with Wade on that night.

Wouldn't you? Wade is money in the clutch.
All Lebron has to do is get them there and DWade will do the rest. That seems to be the arrangement.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
All Lebron has to do is get them there and DWade will do the rest. That seems to be the arrangement.

Ain't nothin wrong with that, IMO. Lebron will get hated on, but if that's what gets their team the win, do it.
That's the way they need to play in the playoffs. Have Lebron carry you all game and have Wade finish it. Why haven't they figured that out in the playoffs yet? I think that formula can work for them.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Wouldn't you? Wade is money in the clutch.

Lebron has been plenty clutch in his career. They both can do it. Anyway, whatever it takes to win. I'd want a player who can set aside his ego for the sake for victory, and that's what matters most.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Ain't nothin wrong with that, IMO. Lebron will get hated on, but if that's what gets their team the win, do it.

this

Ya, I know. I'm just saying that I think he's a weenie for putting himself on team with a guy that can take that responsibility away from him. Same thing happened last night @ Minny.

Let me put it this way. When OKC was down by 1 with 1.4 seconds left the other night, did you have any question about who was gonna get the ball? Did you have any doubt who was gonna get the ball for Dallas on the previous possession?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Ya, I know. I'm just saying that I think he's a weenie for putting himself on team with a guy that can take that responsibility away from him. Same thing happened last night @ Minny.

Let me put it this way. When OKC was down by 1 with 1.4 seconds left the other night, did you have any question about who was gonna get the ball? Did you have any doubt who was gonna get the ball for Dallas on the previous possession?

Westbrook has taken plenty of last second shots, and so has Terry for the Mavs. We all remember who took the shot for the Lakers when they were down by 1 against SA with .4 seconds left. I remember with Cavs - Lebron was criticized for passing the ball to an open player (Mo Williams I think) - who drained the 3 for a buzzer beater. He made the absolutely right play, and some may say he doesn't have the guts, which in my opinion is completely silly.

I don't hear ppl calling Kobe a weenie when he was huffing and puffing on the networks demanding trade if Lakers don't put a team around him that can win Championships. I don't recall the same amount criticism of Kobe when he didn't want any part of the moment against the Suns and was standing on the perimeter and passing the ball to his team-mates in the 2nd half of that playoff game. Lebron will be criticized no matter what by some. I hope he continues to do what is best for the team. If he does that, Miami Heat will have a great chance to win it all.
Westbrook has taken plenty of last second shots, and so has Terry for the Mavs. We all remember who took the shot for the Lakers when they were down by 1 against SA with .4 seconds left. I remember with Cavs - Lebron was criticized for passing the ball to an open player (Mo Williams I think) - who drained the 3 for a buzzer beater. He made the absolutely right play, and some may say he doesn't have the guts, which in my opinion is completely silly.

I don't hear ppl calling Kobe a weenie when he was huffing and puffing on the networks demanding trade if Lakers don't put a team around him that can win Championships. I don't recall the same amount criticism of Kobe when he didn't want any part of the moment against the Suns and was standing on the perimeter and passing the ball to his team-mates in the 2nd half of that playoff game. Lebron will be criticized no matter what by some. I hope he continues to do what is best for the team. If he does that, Miami Heat will have a great chance to win it all.

The .4 play WAS drawn up for Kobe, but in a circumstance like that you have to pass the ball to whomever is open due to the lack of time. That's in no way comparable to the "get the ball to Wade and get the hell out of the way" plays that have ended the last two games, and more importantly...the entirety of the NBA Finals.

There's a difference between taking a shot and having the ball in your hands and creating the shot. At the end of OKC games, Kevin Durant is getting the ball over and over and over again. Someone else might get the shot (although it's usually Durant), but the play runs through him. At the end of Dallas games, Dirk Nowitzki is getting the ball over and over and over again. Just like in the Finals. Someone else might get the shot (although it's usually Dirk), but the play runs through him.

Again, there's a huge difference between Kobe huffing and puffing about needing more than a team where Lamar Odom and Luke Walton are the 2nd & 3rd best players and LeBron joining forces with a perennial all-star like Chris Bosh and the "#2 guy" is so good that you can give the ball to him and hide in the corner while JJ Barea "guards" you, hoping that he's good enough to lead you to a title because you don't have the gonads to do it.

I'm sorry, 4ML. While you were off wrestling caribou in the Great White North last June, the rest of the world saw what LeBron is made of. He's a gigantic p***y. That was evident when he joined forces with Wade in the first place. Gasol might be good, but you can bet your ass that Kobe has to lead his team to victory down the stretch of a close game. Westbrook might be good, but you can bet your ass that Durant has to lead his team to victory down the stretch of a close game. Terry might be good, but you can bet your ass that Dirk has to lead his team to victory down the stretch of a close game. THAT is the difference between LeBron and the others. He gets to stand in the corner and watch. And he's gonna win a couple of titles doing it, no doubt.

The .4 play WAS drawn up for Kobe, but in a circumstance like that you have to pass the ball to whomever is open due to the lack of time. That's in no way comparable to the "get the ball to Wade and get the hell out of the way" plays that have ended the last two games, and more importantly...the entirety of the NBA Finals.

There's a difference between taking a shot and having the ball in your hands and creating the shot. At the end of OKC games, Kevin Durant is getting the ball over and over and over again. Someone else might get the shot (although it's usually Durant), but the play runs through him. At the end of Dallas games, Dirk Nowitzki is getting the ball over and over and over again. Just like in the Finals. Someone else might get the shot (although it's usually Dirk), but the play runs through him.

Again, there's a huge difference between Kobe huffing and puffing about needing more than a team where Lamar Odom and Luke Walton are the 2nd & 3rd best players and LeBron joining forces with a perennial all-star like Chris Bosh and the "#2 guy" is so good that you can give the ball to him and hide in the corner while JJ Barea "guards" you, hoping that he's good enough to lead you to a title because you don't have the gonads to do it.

I'm sorry, 4ML. While you were off wrestling caribou in the Great White North last June, the rest of the world saw what LeBron is made of. He's a gigantic p***y. That was evident when he joined forces with Wade in the first place. Gasol might be good, but you can bet your ass that Kobe has to lead his team to victory down the stretch of a close game. Westbrook might be good, but you can bet your ass that Durant has to lead his team to victory down the stretch of a close game. Terry might be good, but you can bet your ass that Dirk has to lead his team to victory down the stretch of a close game. THAT is the difference between LeBron and the others. He gets to stand in the corner and watch. And he's gonna win a couple of titles doing it, no doubt.

Well he's got Wade to finish. Like they have been playing early in this year. Have Lebron carry you for 3 quarters. Then in the 4th throw the inbounds pass to Wade and have him finish... Why do the Miami Heat or their fans care who finishes? I don't care. Give the ball to Wade and let him close and let them win.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

We've had similar discussions in the past. Lebron took his team to the Finals against SA and that team was as bad (if not worse) than the team Kobe had. Of course it's different than joining Wade and Bosh, but Kobe was not a FA. He was under contract, playing for one of the greatest franchises in all of NBA history. Under the circumstances, Kobe threw everyone on the team from players to the management under the bus. IMO, that was probably the most unprofessional, gutless thing any professional player could do.

...and yes, I was on a vacation during the last 4 games of the NBA Finals, but I did DVRed the games and watched parts of it. I didn't watch every minute of it because Lebron did play poorly and it was very frustrating and annoying to watch him not take charge - because - he dominated the Chicago series in the 4th quarter. He dominated the Pistons in the 4th quarter and QT to take his crappy team to the Finals against SA - so it wasn't that he couldn't do it.

Lebron will get his shots when there are couple seconds left in the game. You know this too, because you can't possibly think that because Wade got his number called in two games this season, Lebron won't be asked to finish games off. He did last season, and he will this season. He will make some, and he will miss some - just like Jordan did and Kobe. Without Lebron playing at his best, Miami won't win a title - Wade and Bosh can't carry the Heat to the championship - that was very clear last season. So, no - he won't be standing in the corner and watching when he wins it all. He will be the biggest reason why they'd win the title.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jan 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM ]
Reg season queens, will get surprised early this year in the playoffs (i hope)
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Reg season queens, will get surprised early this year in the playoffs (i hope)

They made it to the finals - hardly regular season queens.
Tracy Mcgrady lighting it up on the heat in the 4th. Damn, son!! I didn't know he still had it in him.