LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

**The Miami HEAT - 2011-2012 NBA CHAMPIONS**

Between Steven A. Smith, Skip Bayless and Mark Cuban I don't know who the biggest blowhard know it all is?
"f**k these Haters, f**k these Ho's!"
Originally posted by ads_2006:
"f**k these Haters, f**k these Ho's!"

I agree.

They are both right to a point. Scheme and adjustments yes, yes, yes. That's obvious. Bayless has no clue (we all know). Steven A has no clue either (we know that too). Sure Cuban knows more. He's a team owner. He's around the coaches, players, schemes everyday. He does have inside knowledge.

But with that being said if you can't see the difference between Lebron this year and in past playoff performances I don't even know what to say. He was night and day. Clearly more aggressive. Clearly going to the basket more often. Clearly more confident. Definitely did not fade or collapse under pressure. And perhaps most important of all is this year he unveiled a post up game. When have we seen that to this degree as we saw this year? Obviously he's better at that now and it added a dimension they didn't have before.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I agree.

They are both right to a point. Scheme and adjustments yes, yes, yes. That's obvious. Bayless has no clue (we all know). Steven A has no clue either (we know that too). Sure Cuban knows more. He's a team owner. He's around the coaches, players, schemes everyday. He does have inside knowledge.

But with that being said if you can't see the difference between Lebron this year and in past playoff performances I don't even know what to say. He was night and day. Clearly more aggressive. Clearly going to the basket more often. Clearly more confident. Definitely did not fade or collapse under pressure. And perhaps most important of all is this year he unveiled a post up game. When have we seen that to this degree as we saw this year? Obviously he's better at that now and it added a dimension they didn't have before.

That's the biggest difference...otherwise we saw the same Lebron James we saw with Cleveland. When he joined Miami - he thought he didn't need to do the same things he did in Cleveland - because he has Wade and Bosh on the team, but he realized when Bosh went down and Wade was going through a tough stretch that he MUST do what he did in Cleveland.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I agree.

That's the biggest difference...otherwise we saw the same Lebron James we saw with Cleveland. When he joined Miami - he thought he didn't need to do the same things he did in Cleveland - because he has Wade and Bosh on the team, but he realized when Bosh went down and Wade was going through a tough stretch that he MUST do what he did in Cleveland.

I think Lebron played more with his back to the basket but still needs more improvement. Lebron played around the rim much more and was dominant there at times by taking it to the hole not exactly posting up.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I agree.

I think Lebron played more with his back to the basket but still needs more improvement. Lebron played around the rim much more and was dominant there at times by taking it to the hole not exactly posting up.

Of course he needs more improvement there. But you can see the beginnings of something truly dominant. It's obvious nobody can handle him down there. A big man he just runs around. A smaller guy he goes over or muscles. He's kind of like Vernon Davis is in football. There are just not many good matchup ways to handle him. Down low is more his future IMO. He's a bit average at jump shooting from the outside. He certainly got a lot better at it. And you saw glimpses. And if he can continue it the Heat have a chance to continue to be at the top.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I agree.

He was taking it to the hole pretty consistently with Cavs as well...but didn't play in the post or with his back to the basket in Cleveland and with Miami last year. I agree, he needs to continue to work on it - and if he does, he can be one of the better post-up players in the league. He is too strong/fast be be guarded by one player, and too good of a passer if doubled.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
According to multiple league sources, there is mutual interest between Allen and the Heat. The most the Heat can offer is a contract starting at $3 million per year, which is known as the taxpayer's midlevel. Allen could get more money elsewhere, but the Heat offer an attractive portfolio that goes deeper than cash. ESPN.com

I'd LOVE to have Ray Allen replace Mike Miller (who will likely retire). That will be f**king awesome!
According to multiple league sources, there is mutual interest between Allen and the Heat. The most the Heat can offer is a contract starting at $3 million per year, which is known as the taxpayer's midlevel. Allen could get more money elsewhere, but the Heat offer an attractive portfolio that goes deeper than cash. ESPN.com

I'd LOVE to have Ray Allen replace Mike Miller (who will likely retire). That will be f**king awesome!

Would he be okay with coming off of the bench? Also, if they sign him I wonder if that would halt the Jason Terry speculation. Terry would be a great addition as well.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
funny to see all these miami heat band wagon fans come out. Last year i dont remember them having much fan support on here.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
mike miller has like $17 mil left on his contract, there is no way he's going to leave all of that on the table.
Originally posted by schmons:
mike miller has like $17 mil left on his contract, there is no way he's going to leave all of that on the table.

Good point.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by schmons:

Good point.

Medical retirement. I believe the player still gets paid by the insurance company that underwrote the contract and the team saves the money on the cap.
Share 49ersWebzone