LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

**The Miami HEAT - 2011-2012 NBA CHAMPIONS**

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm glad I missed most of that series...but they are mentally tough. You don't win the way they did against the 2010 Bulls team, if you're not mentally tough. Dallas was on a dream run and the Heat didn't do any favors to themselves by taking them lightly - a mistake made by other veteran teams as well.

Lebron of course deserves the blame, but it happens. He will learn from it and come out stronger - no question in my mind. Can't say the same about Bosh though.

It wasn't the team being mentally soft as much as it was one individual completely melting down. You should see the series. Single coverage against guys like JJ Barea, and it was swing passes all day. Wanted NO PART of the moment. The rest of the team competed to the fullest of their capabilities.

That being said, unless something really significant happens to someone else's roster, I think they'll run through the league this year. Rip Hamilton isn't gonna be enough for Chicago, IMO.

I saw bits and pieces of the last 3 games later, and yes, Lebron's play was poor. I just don't believe that a guy who shuts down Derrick Rose and makes clutch 3s and Js in Conference Finals will want no part of the moment in NBA Finals. I can't explain why he played so poorly in the NBA Finals while he was amazing on both sides of the floor against Chicago. But, yea - whatever is the reason - I fully expect the Heat to be a much better team this season.

I could see them winning this year. There was no reason for them to not win last year. Certainly they were capable if they just finish in the 4th quarter.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I could see them winning this year. There was no reason for them to not win last year. Certainly they were capable if they just finish in the 4th quarter.

Yes, should have. Lebron didn't play at his best and Mavs did. Mavs were on a hot streak and drained so many 3s and long jumpers - it was ridiculous. Dirk took his game to another level - and I've never seen another player hit so many tough shots over and over throughout the playoffs. He was in the zone for a month and a half.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Dec 24, 2011 at 2:20 AM ]
Lebron was paid by the NBA to lose the finals.

Yes, should have. Lebron didn't play at his best and Mavs did. Mavs were on a hot streak and drained so many 3s and long jumpers - it was ridiculous. Dirk took his game to another level - and I've never seen another player hit so many tough shots over and over throughout the playoffs. He was in the zone for a month and a half.

I can't see Dallas doing it again. I think the loss of Tyson Chandler was big. Bigger than people think. They lost a defensive presence there.

I can't see Dallas doing it again. I think the loss of Tyson Chandler was big. Bigger than people think. They lost a defensive presence there.

JJ as well
I expect Miami to carve the league up this year and win the title.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I expect Miami to carve the league up this year and win the title.

If they don't win a title, break up the big 2.5
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Agreed. I expect Lakers to land D12 at the deadline and put them in front for Western Conf. Title
Beatdown/statement game against the Mavs right now.

The question is, what's bigger - the downgrade of Chandler to Haywood or the upgrade of Peja/Cardinal as the backup forwards to now being Odom. I think Beaubois can do a lot of similar things as Barea but I'm not sure how much PT he'll get with West there.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Beatdown/statement game against the Mavs right now.

20 pt game at half.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Ouch, this is getting ugly. Lebron and Wade
CROWN 'EM!!!!!!!!

They kicked off in that ass
Fun to watch , as expected
Share 49ersWebzone