LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

**The Miami HEAT - 2011-2012 NBA CHAMPIONS**

Spo gets so much unnecessary blame. There is little doubt IMO, that he will be the scapegoat after the season. Dude is a good coach. The Heat are a pretty good defensive team. Dont see how the above poster could insinuate that having TT would be an upgrade.

At some point, the players need to be held responsible.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Spo gets so much unnecessary blame. There is little doubt IMO, that he will be the scapegoat after the season. Dude is a good coach. The Heat are a pretty good defensive team. Dont see how the above poster could insinuate that having TT would be an upgrade.

I don't agree with that. They have 2 great perimeter defenders but get bullied in the front court. When's the last time you seen Garnett dominate in the paint like this? There's no way Heat can keep up with Rondo AND Garnett, their front court is far below par in protecting the key.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I don't agree with that. They have 2 great perimeter defenders but get bullied in the front court. When's the last time you seen Garnett dominate in the paint like this? There's no way Heat can keep up with Rondo AND Garnett, their front court is far below par in protecting the key.

I didn't say that the Heat would be better with a new coach. My point was more how Wade and Lebron can handle a personality like Thibodeau. I agree Spo is a good coach, it's just those times where you see Wade going after him or Lebron completely ignoring him.

Garnett wouldnt be dominating like this if Bosh was there. Im not saying Bosh is some incredible defender, but he is certainly better than what they are trotting out there now.

Garnett wouldnt be dominating like this if Bosh was there. Im not saying Bosh is some incredible defender, but he is certainly better than what they are trotting out there now.

For sure. After Bosh, the Heat literally suck in the front court on both sides. Garnett won't sniff these numbers vs OKC.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
It's all Lebron James in the first quarter for the Heat...AGAIN
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Wow...Lebron!!!!!!!!
I'm totally stunned. I didn't see this one coming from Lebron. I was thinking like 12 points and all bricks in the 4th quarter. Wow Lebron.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm totally stunned. I didn't see this one coming from Lebron. I was thinking like 12 points and all bricks in the 4th quarter. Wow Lebron.

It's a lot easier when the shots falling.

ha... good point. He isn't going to hit all those jumpers all the time. But, I love him catching the ball in the post and inside the three point line. This makes his shot selection a lot better. But, he was hitting some crazy shots.
Originally posted by sacniner:

ha... good point. He isn't going to hit all those jumpers all the time. But, I love him catching the ball in the post and inside the three point line. This makes his shot selection a lot better. But, he was hitting some crazy shots.

I think we are getting into Alex Smith type of nano criticism here but I know a player like Kobe having a bad shooting night would be fighting, banging, clawing, and really getting gritty if he had to in these types of games when the series is so close. He won't just defer if he's not hitting his shots.

That's what we REALLY want to see. What will Lebron do during difficult situations. When his shots falling...it's really not that difficult for him. Will he defer to Wade and stand in the corner. If he fumbled the ball a couple of times, will he defer and stand in the corner or will he put his body into a defender, make or miss, being ready to fight for every inch?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I think we are getting into Alex Smith type of nano criticism here but I know a player like Kobe having a bad shooting night would be fighting, banging, clawing, and really getting gritty if he had to in these types of games when the series is so close. He won't just defer if he's not hitting his shots.

That's what we REALLY want to see. What will Lebron do during difficult situations. When his shots falling...it's really not that difficult for him. Will he defer to Wade and stand in the corner. If he fumbled the ball a couple of times, will he defer and stand in the corner or will he put his body into a defender, make or miss, being ready to fight for every inch?

He is averaging 30, 10, and 5 assists in the playoffs. Pretty sure he is playing just fine when his shots are not falling.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

He is averaging 30, 10, and 5 assists in the playoffs. Pretty sure he is playing just fine when his shots are not falling.

Like I said, it's getting into the Alex Smith type of criticism but what Lebron does for 17 games and 68 quarters means nothing. Let's see what he does in quarter 4 of game 18.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Like I said, it's getting into the Alex Smith type of criticism but what Lebron does for 17 games and 68 quarters means nothing. Let's see what he does in quarter 4 of game 18.

Fair enough. He did great in quarter 4 last year against Boston and Chicago - but everyone forgets that because he played poorly in the finals. I understand the criticism he got in that series, but I don't understand when people say he has never done it. That's just not true.
Share 49ersWebzone