LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

**The Miami HEAT - 2011-2012 NBA CHAMPIONS**

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Lebron talking on ESPN about how s**tty he played in the Finals and his struggles in dealing with being portrayed as a villain.

Seriously, Lebron might be the most mentally weak superstar I've ever seen.

Any other superstar would embrace his villain heel turn and raise his game to another level. Lebron just folded.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7322249&categoryid=2459788
Heat haters make me LOL
LeBron: "I got a lot of tricks up my bag." (awesome mixed metaphor, btw)

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2011/12/lebron-part-ii-ive-heard-all-the-jokes-video.html

I coulda told you that. Last June I saw him make an entire quarter disappear.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LeBron: "I got a lot of tricks up my bag." (awesome mixed metaphor, btw)

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2011/12/lebron-part-ii-ive-heard-all-the-jokes-video.html

I coulda told you that. Last June I saw him make an entire quarter disappear.

Fool got a magical bag of tricks like Felix the cat!

Not as high on this team this year. Complete meltdown in the finals series. There was no reason for them to lose that series if they were mentally tough.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Not as high on this team this year. Complete meltdown in the finals series. There was no reason for them to lose that series if they were mentally tough.

No offense to you, but glad to hear you're not high on this team. This can mean only good things for the Miami Heat
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

No offense to you, but glad to hear you're not high on this team. This can mean only good things for the Miami Heat

I will cheer for them and hope the win. Just an amazing meltdown in the finals series though and in the 4th quarters. Solve that and they hold the trophy this year.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I will cheer for them and hope the win. Just an amazing meltdown in the finals series though and in the 4th quarters. Solve that and they hold the trophy this year.

I'm glad I missed most of that series...but they are mentally tough. You don't win the way they did against the 2010 Bulls team, if you're not mentally tough. Dallas was on a dream run and the Heat didn't do any favors to themselves by taking them lightly - a mistake made by other veteran teams as well.

Lebron of course deserves the blame, but it happens. He will learn from it and come out stronger - no question in my mind. Can't say the same about Bosh though.

I'm glad I missed most of that series...but they are mentally tough. You don't win the way they did against the 2010 Bulls team, if you're not mentally tough. Dallas was on a dream run and the Heat didn't do any favors to themselves by taking them lightly - a mistake made by other veteran teams as well.

Lebron of course deserves the blame, but it happens. He will learn from it and come out stronger - no question in my mind. Can't say the same about Bosh though.

Why do you feel that way about Bosh? He didn't play bad in the playoffs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Bosh played timid the whole season, he still put up find numbers but wasn't impressive . As I admitted earlier, I didn't see the finals except the first couple games, so I can't comment on his play in the finals - but there were other times in the playoffs and the season he played average

Bosh played timid the whole season, he still put up find numbers but wasn't impressive . As I admitted earlier, I didn't see the finals except the first couple games, so I can't comment on his play in the finals - but there were other times in the playoffs and the season he played average

I thought he played tremendous in the Bulls series. He's always a little soft. He's more of a technician and shooter than a physical banger.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:06 AM ]

It wasn't the team being mentally soft as much as it was one individual completely melting down. You should see the series. Single coverage against guys like JJ Barea, and it was swing passes all day. Wanted NO PART of the moment. The rest of the team competed to the fullest of their capabilities.

That being said, unless something really significant happens to someone else's roster, I think they'll run through the league this year. Rip Hamilton isn't gonna be enough for Chicago, IMO.
GREAT READ

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7378111/nba-oregon-ducks-football-muse-erik-spoelstra-miami-heat

Quote:
That wasn't a play called. That was a read

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

It wasn't the team being mentally soft as much as it was one individual completely melting down. You should see the series. Single coverage against guys like JJ Barea, and it was swing passes all day. Wanted NO PART of the moment. The rest of the team competed to the fullest of their capabilities.

That being said, unless something really significant happens to someone else's roster, I think they'll run through the league this year. Rip Hamilton isn't gonna be enough for Chicago, IMO.

I saw bits and pieces of the last 3 games later, and yes, Lebron's play was poor. I just don't believe that a guy who shuts down Derrick Rose and makes clutch 3s and Js in Conference Finals will want no part of the moment in NBA Finals. I can't explain why he played so poorly in the NBA Finals while he was amazing on both sides of the floor against Chicago. But, yea - whatever is the reason - I fully expect the Heat to be a much better team this season.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
GREAT READ

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7378111/nba-oregon-ducks-football-muse-erik-spoelstra-miami-heat

Quote:
That wasn't a play called. That was a read

Thanks for the great read. I read couple weeks ago that Bosh has bulked up. He needs to play more physical. Last season, Heat wasn't a team in 2010 - and I'm really hoping they will be this season.
Share 49ersWebzone