There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-2012 Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by sfgip10:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
ESPN's Marc Stein says we have a 4-year, $20M offer to Chuck Hayes that he'll likely accept.

Ehhhhhh....not a fan. Hayes is a decent role player but that's way too pricey for me.

I guess this means no more Dally? Eh. 4 years seems awfully long for a 3rd or 4th big man.

Also, I didn't realize this thread existed. I posted in the old on just now.

Yeah, I'd say that's a wrap on any big men, barring a trade.

I don't mind Hayes on the court but I can't get behind this contract...especially after cutting loose Brockman last year for $1M per season. Similar players, IMO -- Brockman a little bigger with better offensive boards, Hayes a smaller, stronger defender.

Meh.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
ESPN's Marc Stein says we have a 4-year, $20M offer to Chuck Hayes that he'll likely accept.

Ehhhhhh....not a fan. Hayes is a decent role player but that's way too pricey for me.

Originally posted by Muggins879:

Cahlean
Originally posted by YungAce:
Cahlean

Originally posted by YungAce:
Cahlean

Not digging the V-Neck. Who are we, the Monarchs? Other than that, good stuff.
Wtf Chuck hayes, 4 years $20 million
Love chuck Hayes. Played against him when he was at Modesto Christian.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

I think he's a good player too, but not for 4 years. Or $20 million..
Originally posted by marshniners24:

I think he's a good player too, but not for 4 years. Or $20 million..

I dunno I didn't like it at first but a lot of other team's fans on realgm seem to think he's a good player, and role players can be really important. He might fit in real well as a rebounder and defender(I guess he shut down Amare and Blake Griffin last year), and he supposedly can pass pretty well too. Dude can't shoot to save his life but oh well. I guess he is cool with Demarcus Cousins too, so it might help chemistry.

Hayes is solid. Kings are trying to do what they can as a small market team!
I'd be the first person to criticize a team for overspending, but I like the Hayes deal. The Kings needed a veteran and a professional off of the court. He's that. They need a big who can play good man defense and do the little things on the court. He's that too. He's exactly the kind of guy that a knucklehead like Cousins could benefit from. $5M per ain't bad.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'd be the first person to criticize a team for overspending, but I like the Hayes deal. The Kings needed a veteran and a professional off of the court. He's that. They need a big who can play good man defense and do the little things on the court. He's that too. He's exactly the kind of guy that a knucklehead like Cousins could benefit from. $5M per ain't bad.

lol phew I feel better now
Originally posted by marshniners24:

lol phew I feel better now

lol yeah, seriously.

Not a bad pickup but.. yeah. Who knows though maybe Petrie can find some dummy GM like dude that traded us Webber for Richmond.

I like the signing, but was hoping to resign Dalembert, trade JT or Hickson then sign Hayes. Don't think that's going to happen though. It was nice having a bona fide shot blocker while it lasted..unless Whiteside develops quickly.
Not so fast on the CHuck Hayes sacramento signing

ChrisBHaynes Chris Haynes
According to Chuck Hayes' agent, The #Sacramento #Kings & #Minnesota #Timberwolves are on equal ground in attaining Hayes. #NBA #Rockets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Not so fast on the CHuck Hayes sacramento signing

ChrisBHaynes Chris Haynes
According to Chuck Hayes' agent, The #Sacramento #Kings & #Minnesota #Timberwolves are on equal ground in attaining Hayes. #NBA #Rockets

I knew you were going to post that. He loves Adelman too.