LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

2011-12 College Football Coaching Carousel

• Jcool
  • Veteran
dreaavent Drea Avent

RT @UCLAAthletics: UCLA Football Coach Jim Mora's introductory press conference can be viewed online 2:30pm PT today: http://www.uclabruins.com/allaccess/?media=288277
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
JasonSnavely Jason Snavely

Several sources are reporting Gus Malzahn to be the next head coach at #ASU
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
footballscoop FootballScoop Staff

RT @AStateNation: We have confirmed that the contract has been signed and that Gus Malzahn is the new Head Coach at Arkansas State
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
BFeldmanCBS Bruce Feldman

Asked a source why Malzahn would take ArkSt. Was told he feels like he needs to prove he's a HC & he'd tried everywhere to get in.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
smartfootball Smart Football

Must've been a poor interviewer or something given the number of openings. Gotta strike while iron is hot; maybe Cam Newton effect

Anyway I have no clue. Good luck to Gus. Hugh and co have done a nice job turning Ark St around; they have some pieces.

Otherwise if anyone else has insight on Gus to Arky St, happy to hear it. I don't have any.

Houston and So Miss have to be better jobs. Neither Sumlin nor Fedora were HCs before taking over at those jobs
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM ]
Great hire by Arkansas State. Wish the other ASU hired him
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Great hire by Arkansas State. Wish the other ASU hired him

Looks like Auburn really was just a one year wonder.

Doubt they can ever buy a player like Newton again.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
UCLA hires Jim Mora Jr. per ESPN and LA times.

Wow, IMO good hire by UCLA.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

agreed. however, UCLA will never be able to win unless they inject some money into the program, they just can't recruit in their current state.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

agreed. however, UCLA will never be able to win unless they inject some money into the program, they just can't recruit in their current state.

Hey, I feel the same way about Hawaii. But atleast UCLA has a known name in there to help them with recruiting, I doubt he came cheap too.

Hey, I feel the same way about Hawaii. But atleast UCLA has a known name in there to help them with recruiting, I doubt he came cheap too.

Definitely a step in the right direction for the Bruins.

I agree, Mora is a great hire. Wish we hired him (sorry Kolohe, I think Mora > Jones, although I did just watch the SMU ESPN show, and it is great what he has done there).

Mora is reportedly going to raid ASU's staff. He will hire Broussard (WR coach, recruiting coordinater and a great one at that) and possibly our OC Mazone (he is good but not great, scheme is great but too predictable and he doesn't recruit, he can develop QBs though such as he coaches Tebow in the off-season lol).
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I agree, Mora is a great hire. Wish we hired him (sorry Kolohe, I think Mora > Jones, although I did just watch the SMU ESPN show, and it is great what he has done there).

Mora is reportedly going to raid ASU's staff. He will hire Broussard (WR coach, recruiting coordinater and a great one at that) and possibly our OC Mazone (he is good but not great, scheme is great but too predictable and he doesn't recruit, he can develop QBs though such as he coaches Tebow in the off-season lol).

No need to be sorry, I'd take Mora over Jones. I'm a bit tired of this run-n-shoot type offense and would much rather go with a more balance Pro Style attack which I think Mora will do. Sure gimmicky offenses put up great numbers and puts fans in the seats, but IMO, I think Pro Style offenses bring out the best in your prospects and stay disciplined within your system and most of the time at the next level.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ASUDevilscom ASUDevils.com

Source: Pitt coach Todd Graham has informed his players that he will accept Arizona State coaching job

We've yet to confirm this on the Arizona State side but are attempting to do so. Pitt players are tweeting about Graham leaving for ASU
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
footballscoop FootballScoop Staff

Todd Graham to ASU is as shocking at Gus to A-State...probably more
Share 49ersWebzone