LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Every time I see this thread as the most recently updated, I get all excited b/c maybe we signed Chandler or something.

But no, it's just some Kings fan raving about his mediocre team

My mediocre team >>> yours

Says the guy whose team had 24 wins last year...

Not sure that merits that smiley considering your team only had 36... you guys are so much better.

I'd take the kings roster and cap room any day over the W's

Meh, it's debatable. I see where you're coming from with Evans and Cousins, but I would much rather have the Warriors roster. And if we use the amnesty on Beans, it will open up A LOT of wiggle room cap wise.

IMO Ellis, Curry, Wright, Lee > Evans, Cousins, Salmons, Thorton.
Every time I see this thread as the most recently updated, I get all excited b/c maybe we signed Chandler or something.

But no, it's just some Kings fan raving about his mediocre team

My mediocre team >>> yours

Says the guy whose team had 24 wins last year...

Not sure that merits that smiley considering your team only had 36... you guys are so much better.

I'd take the kings roster and cap room any day over the W's

Meh, it's debatable. I see where you're coming from with Evans and Cousins, but I would much rather have the Warriors roster. And if we use the amnesty on Beans, it will open up A LOT of wiggle room cap wise.

IMO Ellis, Curry, Wright, Lee > Evans, Cousins, Salmons, Thorton.

Yea you guys definitely have talent, im not discrediting you there. However you have a bunch of tweeners which im not a fan of. Same could be said with the Kings with Evans being a 1 or 2 but just physically Evans can play 1 and 2 while Ellis/Curry are too small to play the 2 IMO
What do you think it would take to get Paul to GS?

I'm thinking along the lines of Curry, Thompson and Udoh? We can't trade any 1st rounders, but I feel like Curry would be enticing enough for the Hornets to take Thompson and Udoh as icing on the cake

I'm thinking along the lines of Curry, Thompson and Udo
h? We can't trade any 1st rounders, but I feel like Curry would be enticing enough for the Hornets to take Thompson and Udoh as icing on the cake

Something like that. :O
Chris Paul is one of my favorite players, but can Paul and Monta share a back court?

Hornets are going to need a PF since West is probably leaving. Curry and Lee for Paul? :/
[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Dec 6, 2011 at 5:06 PM ]
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

I'm thinking along the lines of Curry, Thompson and Udo
h? We can't trade any 1st rounders, but I feel like Curry would be enticing enough for the Hornets to take Thompson and Udoh as icing on the cake

Something like that. :O
Chris Paul is one of my favorite players, but can Paul and Monta share a back court?

Hornets are going to need a PF since West is probably leaving. Curry and Lee for Paul? :/

Not sure they would want to take on Lee's contract. As for Paul/Ellis sharing a back court, Paul is a much better defender than Curry. It really can't get any worse
It would be fun to watch Ellis,Paul,Wright,Lee and Chandler on the same team
According to sources close to the talks, the Warriors' offer includes third-year guard Stephen Curry, rookie guard Klay Thompson and second-year forward Ekpe Udoh. Golden State would pay a hefty price on top of losing those players because its plan would involve waiving center Andris Biedrins via the new amnesty clause (his deal has three years and $27 million remaining) and signing Chandler to a four-year deal that would likely start in the neighborhood of $15 million annually.

Paul
Monta
Wright
Lee
Chandler

Idk if we can afford that? But thats a pretty awesome lineup IMO. But were letting go of young promising players
[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Dec 6, 2011 at 7:46 PM ]
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
According to sources close to the talks, the Warriors' offer includes third-year guard Stephen Curry, rookie guard Klay Thompson and second-year forward Ekpe Udoh. Golden State would pay a hefty price on top of losing those players because its plan would involve waiving center Andris Biedrins via the new amnesty clause (his deal has three years and $27 million remaining) and signing Chandler to a four-year deal that would likely start in the neighborhood of $15 million annually.

Paul
Monta
Wright
Lee
Chandler

Idk if we can afford that? But thats a pretty awesome lineup IMO. But were letting go of young promising players

I can't study anymore with this trade talk going around.

I can't study anymore with this trade talk going around.

I won't be able to sleep until I hear of another rumor, which will keep me awake even longer...

You guys know that Chandler is asking 20mil per year right?

Not sure if everyone who is hoping we sign him is aware of that. Quite frankly, anything more than 10 or 11 per is far too much for someone like him IMO.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Not sure if everyone who is hoping we sign him is aware of that. Quite frankly, anything more than 10 or 11 per is far too much for someone like him IMO.

I heard he's only asking for 12 but might get 15. I heard nothing about 20.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

I heard he's only asking for 12 but might get 15. I heard nothing about 20.

I read 15 on multiple sites. If that brings Paul to the Bay, I'm all for it. I don't care
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Paul won't sign an extension here. I wouldn't get my hopes up about that trade.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Paul won't sign an extension here. I wouldn't get my hopes up about that trade.

He said he might if Chandler comes to the Bay.
Share 49ersWebzone