LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Chicago Bulls 2011-2012 Thread

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
It probably will, bulls cheap out on signing players, then when they give someone a big contract, its someone like boozer, or ben gordon.

time to trade for oj mayo
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Please get crawford, and please avoid rip, I bet rip would play like 3 games and get injured.

Not only that, Rip's a mid range player, and you already have one of those in Deng. You gotta space the floor, and Crawford does that a lot better than Rip does.

That being said, ya...it looks like it'll be Rip regardless.

u want rip more than crawford, crawford is a ball hog who just wants to jack up shots, theres a reason hes played on very few playoff teams. rip is an excellant player for chicago, he doesnt need the ball in his hands, granted i might be biased as a pistons fan but for chicago to get where they want to get to its very clear in my mind rip>crawford
The Bulls won 62 games and came close to going to the finals. For the most part, we were a very young team with a rookie coach and some significant injuries. We need to patch a weakness or two and wait to see how things evolve IMO. Rip is a great patch at the 2 guard spot though not a perfect fit for what we need, he still makes us better and any improvement over what we had last year, especially one that doesn't handcuff us for the future, is a good thing. No assets will be lost in his acquisition, and his contract should be reasonable (heard 2 years 10 million). I expect he would split time at the spot with Brewer and maybe Bogans. Rip is an obvious upgrade, but does he solve the problem of the awful offensive play we had in the playoffs and the lack of a 4th quarter presence outside of Rose? Hopefully his playoff experience and being on a better team will help him become the player we need, but we will see.
"I love history," Rose said. "So like the movie 'Troy,' I want to have that legacy where after I'm long gone, (people say) Derrick Rose was the guy that brought Chicago back to where it was when Mike (Jordan) and them was playing. I want to be that guy."
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7351070/derrick-rose-says-chicago-bulls-legit-chance-win-multiple-championships

I love this guy!
Originally posted by hklar17:
"I love history," Rose said. "So like the movie 'Troy,' I want to have that legacy where after I'm long gone, (people say) Derrick Rose was the guy that brought Chicago back to where it was when Mike (Jordan) and them was playing. I want to be that guy."
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7351070/derrick-rose-says-chicago-bulls-legit-chance-win-multiple-championships

I love this guy!

Rose is just awesome, it's hard to dislike the guy at just about anything. You gotta love his attitude and the way he carries himself. He's not out there trying to recruit players because he believes that would be a slight at his current teammates. The Bulls were sooooooo lucky to land that pick, and I couldn't be happier that we selected Rose over Beasley..

Anyways, regarding this offseason, initially I was all about going after Howard. I mean why wouldn't you? Pair him up with Rose and look out, fast don't lie.. That would be greedy, plus the makeup of the team as it is, is actually pretty damn good. If by some miracle Boozer suddenly becomes the player he was signed to be, then no doubt we got our ticket punched for the ECF. It's obvious that this team needs a starting SG, and right now it looks like it's going to be Rip. To me, that's an obvious upgrade over Bogans. Rip should be an upgrade offensively and at the same time not "too" much of a drop off defensively. I really would like to add either Afflalo or Mayo, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. In Mayo's case, for some reason Memphis doesn't seem to like making deals with the Bulls, oh well.

I'm interested to see what else the Bulls do this offseason. Maybe sign another guard and big man since we lost Kurt "Big Sexy" Thomas to the Blazers. I heard they were interested in Joel Pryzbilla. Regardless, with the signing of Rip, our lineup looks like this:
Rose/Watson
Rip/Brewer
Deng/Korver/Jimmy Butler
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Asik
That looks pretty solid to me and I can't wait to get this season started. Go Bulls!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
KCJHoop K.C Johnson

Confirmed that Rip will be at #Bulls practice on Thursday. Will ask Thibs at Weds nite practice if he plans to play him Friday vs. Indy.
Richard Hamilton, Bulls close to three-year deal

A person familiar with the situation said the veteran guard was closing in on athree-year, $15 million deal with the Bulls. The person spoke Wednesday afternoon on the condition of anonymity because the contract had not been finalized.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/bulls/story/2011-12-14/richard-hamilton-bulls-deal/51925982/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+
Well now that it happened, I welcome the rip addition. SOmeone else who can score, and someone who can play defense. Dare I say he will be covering lebron in the playoffs? or maybe wade? That will free deng up to not be so tired.....

Things just got a tiny bit interesting.
Bulls signing anyone else or is Rip it?
After Rip I don't really see them being very active, just a feeling I have.

so Rip's officially official.

Derrick Rose on addition of Rip Hamilton: "With him, I'm going to have a lot more assists this year."
Originally posted by hklar17:
After Rip I don't really see them being very active, just a feeling I have.

They need someone, last year a few times when the bench came in they would look handicapped on offense. They wouldn't score at all, and other times Taj would get some good points in, or brewer. They need to add one more role player, fringe player, or european project or something.
Bring back Toni Kukoc

They need someone, last year a few times when the bench came in they would look handicapped on offense. They wouldn't score at all, and other times Taj would get some good points in, or brewer. They need to add one more role player, fringe player, or european project or something.

I hope they do too. Just don't know who else they would really be interested in.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
chicagobulls Chicago Bulls

New Bulls SG Rip Hamilton (@RipCityHamilton) will wear #32, while CJ Watson (@quietstorm_32) will switch to #7
Share 49ersWebzone