LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Chicago Bulls 2011-2012 Thread

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by DVDA:
So what is everyone's fantasy off-season for the Bulls? Do we rebuild for a year or continue building with the hope Rose makes a spectacular playoff comeback next year?

'94-'95 Bulls all over again me thinks. .500 ball for three quarters of the season until Rose comes back.
You are forgetting maybe, that after the olypmics I think Deng will finally have surgery, so him and rose should be out a while..... Bulls will be lucky to get the 7-8th s eed.

s**t I forgot about that, how long will Deng be out for
Chicago will make a run at Steve Nash and Jason Kidd in free agency, according to a source.C.J. Watson filled in admirably in place of an injured Derrick Rose in the postseason, but the Bulls are expected to look to upgrade at point guard during Rose's absence.Rose is walking with a soft brace after undergoing surgery to repair a torn left ACL and is hoping to return by next season's All-Star break.

csnchicago

CHAMPIONSHIP
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
So my idea of getting rid of Boozer consists of shedding salary that matches what is left on his contract then amnestying him. Once I get to a computer and off this tablet I'll post my fantasy offseason with this idea.
So my idea of getting rid of Boozer consists of shedding salary that matches what is left on his contract then amnestying him. Once I get to a computer and off this tablet I'll post my fantasy offseason with this idea.

Signing nash won't be cheap (maybe) eventhough he is old as hell, it would be nice to have J. Kidd around, he would be a decent scoring option.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

The big trade in this scenario is Noah and Deng to Portland for picks 6 and 11.

Why do this? Portland gets the center they've been after forever and fill out their front court. They only need a point guard(Nash) and they are set to compete in the playoffs. The Bulls shed 20 million in salary the next two years when you factor in what you would pay the picks.

Hamilton is someone to be traded for whatever you can get in picks preferably but can take a player if that player is earning significantly less.
Brewer is being paid too much at 4.3 million so his option doesn't get picked up by the team.
Korver and Watson add up to 8.4 million so letting them walk saves even more money and helps with tanking the season.
The Bulls would have to match on Asik with the plan of starting him at center.
Extend Taj now if the price is right. He's extremely valuable on defense and underrated on offense.
With the money saved the Bulls can amnesty Boozer's horrible contract.
Rose will not play at all next season in order to get the highest pick possible in the 2013 draft.

Draft
6. SF Harrison Barnes UNC
He can turn into a similar player as Deng for much less than 12-14 million per year. Drummond or Sullinger have to go in the top 5 for this to happen which is a possibility.

11. PF/C Tyler Zeller UNC
He fits next to Asik perfectly in my opinion and can play center as well. A three headed attack of Asik, Zeller, and Gibson brings a lot to the table.

29. SG Orlando Johnson UC-Santa Barbara
The Bulls need to find scoring threats for their bench. Johnson is a risk worth taking to potentially get a second player who can create his own shot.

Rose on I.R. for the season -Note: The remaining roster will be filled with big one year contracts(to get to min team salary) to players who will help lose games
2012 Roster:
PG: Lucas, garbage, garbage
SG: Butler, Johnson, garbage
SF: Barnes, Butler, garbage
PF: Gibson, T. Zeller, garbage
C: Asik, T. Zeller, garbage... get my point?

Hello top 3 pick(Shabazz Muhammad, Nerlens Noel, or Cody Zeller), a ton of cap space, and the return of Rose.

2013 free agents worth noting:
SG:
Early termination option: Monta Ellis, Andre Iguodala
Restricted: James Harden, Tyreke Evans, Demar DeRozan
UFA: Manu Ginobili

PF:
Restricted: Taj Gibson, Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka
UFA: David West, Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson

C:
UFA: Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum

2013 Roster with everything working perfectly in the Bulls favor:
PG: Rose, Monta Ellis
SG: Monta Ellis, Shabazz Muhammad, Johnson
SF: Barnes, Butler
PF: T. Zeller, Gibson
C: Asik, T. Zeller

That's my dream scenario, it's not going to happen but what do you guys think?

The big trade in this scenario is Noah and Deng to Portland for picks 6 and 11.

Why do this? Portland gets the center they've been after forever and fill out their front court. They only need a point guard(Nash) and they are set to compete in the playoffs. The Bulls shed 20 million in salary the next two years when you factor in what you would pay the picks.

Hamilton is someone to be traded for whatever you can get in picks preferably but can take a player if that player is earning significantly less.
Brewer is being paid too much at 4.3 million so his option doesn't get picked up by the team.
Korver and Watson add up to 8.4 million so letting them walk saves even more money and helps with tanking the season.
The Bulls would have to match on Asik with the plan of starting him at center.
Extend Taj now if the price is right. He's extremely valuable on defense and underrated on offense.
With the money saved the Bulls can amnesty Boozer's horrible contract.
Rose will not play at all next season in order to get the highest pick possible in the 2013 draft.

Draft
6. SF Harrison Barnes UNC
He can turn into a similar player as Deng for much less than 12-14 million per year. Drummond or Sullinger have to go in the top 5 for this to happen which is a possibility.

11. PF/C Tyler Zeller UNC
He fits next to Asik perfectly in my opinion and can play center as well. A three headed attack of Asik, Zeller, and Gibson brings a lot to the table.

29. SG Orlando Johnson UC-Santa Barbara
The Bulls need to find scoring threats for their bench. Johnson is a risk worth taking to potentially get a second player who can create his own shot.

Rose on I.R. for the season -Note: The remaining roster will be filled with big one year contracts(to get to min team salary) to players who will help lose games
2012 Roster:
PG: Lucas, garbage, garbage
SG: Butler, Johnson, garbage
SF: Barnes, Butler, garbage
PF: Gibson, T. Zeller, garbage
C: Asik, T. Zeller, garbage... get my point?

Hello top 3 pick(Shabazz Muhammad, Nerlens Noel, or Cody Zeller), a ton of cap space, and the return of Rose.

2013 free agents worth noting:
SG:
Early termination option: Monta Ellis, Andre Iguodala
Restricted: James Harden, Tyreke Evans, Demar DeRozan
UFA: Manu Ginobili

PF:
Restricted: Taj Gibson, Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka
UFA: David West, Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson

C:
UFA: Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum

2013 Roster with everything working perfectly in the Bulls favor:
PG: Rose, Monta Ellis
SG: Monta Ellis, Shabazz Muhammad, Johnson
SF: Barnes, Butler
PF: T. Zeller, Gibson
C: Asik, T. Zeller

That's my dream scenario, it's not going to happen but what do you guys think?

Would be nice for sure. They have got to do something to help get this team over the top soon.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would be nice for sure. They have got to do something to help get this team over the top soon.

The current roster doesn't have enough scoring threats to win it all or the cap space to get one. Rose and Thibodeau really make the other players look better than they are. Now is the time to blow it up with Rose out and get a top 3 pick in 2013.
Marcus Thornton for Taj
#5 pick and Marcus Thornton for Deng and Taj

BOOM CHAMPIONSHIP FOR BOTH TEAMS
Originally posted by tohara3:

The current roster doesn't have enough scoring threats to win it all or the cap space to get one. Rose and Thibodeau really make the other players look better than they are. Now is the time to blow it up with Rose out and get a top 3 pick in 2013.

Makes sense to us, but I think they will probably try to pick up a guy or so and TRY their best to make it work.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
unst4bl3 you are absolutely right although I don't want you to be.

Marsh, you'll have to take Boozer instead of Taj if you want to send Thornton's contract over here.
unst4bl3 you are absolutely right although I don't want you to be.

Marsh, you'll have to take Boozer instead of Taj if you want to send Thornton's contract over here.

Thornton actually has a good contract for the young scorer that he is.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Thornton actually has a good contract for the young scorer that he is.

I haven't seen him play much but his stats are a lot better than I thought they would be. I don't think the Bulls would give up size for a scorer but that Deng and Taj for 5 and Thornton could be a possibility. I doubt Thibodeau would be ok with giving up his two best defenders though.
Chicago Bulls Draft Marquis Teague

PG is a need and the Bulls FO couldn't believe he was still there. I like the pick personally. We still need a SG.
Originally posted by hklar17:
Chicago Bulls Draft Marquis Teague

PG is a need and the Bulls FO couldn't believe he was still there. I like the pick personally. We still need a SG.

I definitely like the pick, especially since he'll be able to run the offense in a similar style as Rose. This probably signals the end of Watson/Lucas as the Bulls are most likely still going to pursue a veteran PG. Heard they're pursuing Hinrich which I wouldn't have a problem with. The need for another SG should be addressed this offseason. Rip was starting to look good, but who knows how long he can stay healthy. Interested in the health of Brandon Roy, maybe he can make a Grant Hill type of comeback. I'm excited to see the development of Butler next season, especially with the expected departure of Brewer. Can't wait to see what other moves we make, just gotta hold down the fort til Deng and Rose come back at full strength.
Share 49ersWebzone