LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
So the Lakers should offer Bynum and 2 1st round picks for Howard which is better than Lopez and 2 1st round picks so that way Stern can veto this deal. It's only fair right? It isn't the best deal out there.

No it's not. Becuase the Nets can absorb all the Magic bad contracts. They're under the cap

Sorry it doesn't work. Basketball reasons.
Whoever trades for Dwight has to take Hedo or Gilbert,

Gilbert is probably not feasible, but they have to at least take Hedo's contract.

I think the Nets have more flexibility in that regard.

This is what I saw on ESPN:

-Dwight Howard

for

-Brook Lopez
-Hedo
-2 1st Round Picks
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YungAce:
Whoever trades for Dwight has to take Hedo or Gilbert,

Gilbert is probably not feasible, but they have to at least take Hedo's contract.

I think the Nets have more flexibility in that regard.

This is what I saw on ESPN:

-Dwight Howard

for

-Brook Lopez
-Hedo
-2 1st Round Picks

Hedo is on the Magic, so ....
as probably the only net fan on this board PLEASE get this done!!!! d12 and dwill will make us relevant again! so fn pumped
Hedo is on the Magic, so ....

my bad, hedo along with d12. you know what i mean
Russian Mark Cuban might save the NBA. Good to hear.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think Dwight/Hedo for just Brook Lopez works salary wise. I think the Nets have to include more salary to make that work.

But just the ability to take on Hedo's contract makes the trade look good from Orlando's perspective.

They dump Hedo, they amnesty Gilbert Arenas, and then get Brook Lopez and picks and do a clean rebuild.

It makes too much sense not to happen.
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Russian Mark Cuban might save the NBA. Good to hear.

prokhorov is the fn man. him and billy king need to get this done! 1st the 9ers become good again, now my nets might too!!!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I can't sleep man. All this crazy news. Too much drama. I love the NBA.
Why is Deron Williams & Dwight Howard teaming up in Brooklyn okay, but other "superteams" are bad for the NBA?

I can't sleep man. All this crazy news. Too much drama. I love the NBA.

same here man, its 130 am here too! i was 95% asleep watching sportscenter now im so fn jacked up. havent been pumped about the nets since kidd left
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Why is Deron Williams & Dwight Howard teaming up in Brooklyn okay, but other "superteams" are bad for the NBA?

Because the Nets are not a historically good franchise pillaging the talent of other small market teams for decades and ruining the balance of the entire league.

It's not perfect. But it's better than the alternative of Howard going to the Lakers. At least this superteam will balance out the other superteams.
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM ]
Because the Nets are not a historically good franchise pillaging the talent of other small market teams for decades and ruining the balance of the entire league.

It's not perfect. But it's better than the alternative of Howard going to the Lakers.

So it's okay for them to pillage the talent of other small market teams and ruin the balance of the entire league because they haven't done it before?

And since when has the league ever been balanced? Only in the 1970's, which was it's least popular decade.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

It's not perfect. But it's better than the alternative of Howard going to the Lakers.

So it's okay for them to pillage the talent of other small market teams and ruin the balance of the entire league because they haven't done it before?

And since when has the league ever been balanced? Only in the 1970's, which was it's least popular decade.

I accept the reality that Dwight Howard is not going to stay where he should : Orlando.

In today's environment, the NBA player's mentality is to play with their buddies on superteams where they have less pressure on themselves to carry a team to success.

Since it's a given that Dwight is leaving....going to the Nets with Deron creates a better balance of power throughout the league than Dwight going to LA. And this is why I support this trade.

http://m.tmi.me/j9xgT
Share 49ersWebzone