LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Good job on the breakdown LA!
There are reports coming out that the Laker TV deal is actually $5 Billion instead of $3 Billion over the course of 25 years. That's $200M in revenue every single year before the Lakers sell a single ticket, concession, jersey...or even get their share of the national TV deal.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-329235-billion-new.html
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
There are reports coming out that the Laker TV deal is actually $5 Billion instead of $3 Billion over the course of 25 years. That's $200M in revenue every single year before the Lakers sell a single ticket, concession, jersey...or even get their share of the national TV deal.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-329235-billion-new.html

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Any chance the Lakers trade for Dwight Howard??

.......god I'm such a noob.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Eventually. But I don't think he's goin to get traded until next summer.
There are rumors that Odom might start at the 3 once Bynum comes back from his suspension. I always wanted to see more of that lineup with Phil. (although you can't argue with Phil's results) There are also rumors that Barnes might be playing more SG.

PG: Steve Blake, Derek Fisher, Darius Morris
SG: Kobe Bryant, Matt Barnes, Andrew Goudelock
SF: Lamar Odom, Metta World Peace
PF: Pau Gasol, Derek Caracter
C: Andrew Bynum
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
There are rumors that Odom might start at the 3 once Bynum comes back from his suspension. I always wanted to see more of that lineup with Phil. (although you can't argue with Phil's results) There are also rumors that Barnes might be playing more SG.

PG: Steve Blake, Derek Fisher, Darius Morris
SG: Kobe Bryant, Matt Barnes, Andrew Goudelock
SF: Lamar Odom, Metta World Peace
PF: Pau Gasol, Derek Caracter
C: Andrew Bynum

Blake does not deserve to start.
Food for thought..the Lakers have a $5.5M trade exception from the Sasha trade that they can use any time before 12/14. After that date, it's gone. We've contacted the agents for Caron Butler, Jamal Crawford, Tayshaun Prince, & Shane Battier. Those are all guys who would normally be out of our price range considering we only have the MLE (which starts at $3M per year), but since we have the trade exception from the Sasha deal, we could do a sign & trade for any of those guys with a deal that starts at $5.5M.

Then we could use the MLE after that too. So we have a couple of ways of acquiring decent players next week.
Food for thought..the Lakers have a $5.5M trade exception from the Sasha trade that they can use any time before 12/14. After that date, it's gone. We've contacted the agents for Caron Butler, Jamal Crawford, Tayshaun Prince, & Shane Battier. Those are all guys who would normally be out of our price range considering we only have the MLE (which starts at $3M per year), but since we have the trade exception from the Sasha deal, we could do a sign & trade for any of those guys with a deal that starts at $5.5M.

Then we could use the MLE after that too. So we have a couple of ways of acquiring decent players next week.

Odom, Bynum for Dwight Howard
MLE for Tyshaun Prince

Blake
Kobe
TyShaun
Gasol
Dwight

CHAMPIONSHIP...

f**k
Thx LA!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Eventually. But I don't think he's goin to get traded until next summer.

Sorry I just seen something on ESPN last night about Howard being traded, but didn't catch the full thing. So you guys actually think the Lakers will go after Howard though??

OK nevermind I just looked up Rotoworld.com and found this, thanks.

Andrew Bynum - C - Lakers

A source close to Andrew Bynum believes that he will play in Orlando this season.

The source adds that he has held this belief for months, and of course he's referring to the chance Dwight Howard gets traded to the Lakers. Tis the season for reports like these, so while we won't poo-poo it we're hesitant to get too wrapped up in this report. Bynum would indeed have a higher upside playing as the featured post-threat in Orlando, but his efficiency would likely take a hit.
When can trades start to actually happen?

Friday.

Friday.

Expect howard in a Lakers Uni friday then
Originally posted by dobo:
Are you guys actually going to call him Metta World Peace?

Homosex.

I'll call him Dancing with the Stars reject before I'd call him Metta World Peace.
Share 49ersWebzone