LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Feels good to be making this thread.

I don't have the basketball time/energy that I used to, so I'm not gonna do a crazy long write up or anything. But I do expect either Baron Davis or Rashard Lewis to be Lakers at the beginning of the year, and I expect us to run the offense through the post a lot more than we have in years past. If we don't get Baron, I think Blake will start over Fish, who should have been put out to pasture long ago.

Go Lakers!
let's.do.this
Good lord its good to be back baby! And I'll take Shard over Baron but would welcome both. Blake should start and Mike Brown will not play favorites and realize this I hope.
It's real...it's really coming back...great Tebow, thank you
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Shorter season should help an older team like the Lakers.

Championship time !!!!!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Shorter season should help an older team like the Lakers.

Championship time !!!!!

Older roster...new coach...new offense...beware
People are saying that Kobe looks a lot younger after his platelet rich plasma therapy in Germany this summer on his knee. I'm sure not having a perpetually rolled ankle helps too. Stephen A. Smith said that people have told him that he's dunking on people and going between his legs and all that good stuff.
I predict they will go 82-0 and become the first team to do so in a 66 game season.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Lakers suck!!!
Highlight reels from each rookie. Both are remarkable at their niches in the league. (Goudelock = shooting, Morris = court vision)

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Good lord its good to be back baby! And I'll take Shard over Baron but would welcome both. Blake should start and Mike Brown will not play favorites and realize this I hope.

How would Lewis fit? Artest, Barnes, Odom, Gasol, Bynum......Lewis?
Older roster + no Phil Jackson = early exit from the playoffs. Well.. maybe that is wishful thinking.
LA9er.

How is this gonna affect us? I was listening to some radio show and they said that the Lakers are gonna be the biggest losers from this deal. They didn't go into too much details, but they basically said we will have to cut or trade away either LO, Gasol, or Bynum, under the new salary cap. Is this true?

Let's Go!!!!!
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
LA9er.

How is this gonna affect us? I was listening to some radio show and they said that the Lakers are gonna be the biggest losers from this deal. They didn't go into too much details, but they basically said we will have to cut or trade away either LO, Gasol, or Bynum, under the new salary cap. Is this true?

No. I'll give a more detailed explanation of how I think the new CBA will effect us before I go to bed tonight. This deal actually worked out pretty decently for us, IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone