There are 194 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

Herm Edwards said it best this morning

"If you hear or see a kid being sexually assaulted, you stop it.. you do something about it"

JoPa heard from sources who had seen this go down. Why didnt those sources stop it in the first place.
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:01 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
WOW they are having a pep rally outside Paternos house and he is posing for pictures and smiling. WTF man!!

False. Students showed up and started chanting outside of his house so he came out for a few minutes and basically said that he is sorry this is happening but he is proud of the students. He also said the focus should be on the victims and also to remember to cheer for the football team on saturday. He is by no means posing for pictures and hanging out

Orilly?

LOL
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
WOW they are having a pep rally outside Paternos house and he is posing for pictures and smiling. WTF man!!

False. Students showed up and started chanting outside of his house so he came out for a few minutes and basically said that he is sorry this is happening but he is proud of the students. He also said the focus should be on the victims and also to remember to cheer for the football team on saturday. He is by no means posing for pictures and hanging out

Orilly?

As I said before, these people were outside of his house on his lawn chanting. He came out to address them for maybe 5 minutes. He is NOT posing, he is standing there talking. I was there. Students are currently rioting downtown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7JXoXdIJQ7I#!

Are you kidding me? I just lost all respect for Penn State.

How the hell can you want a coach that let sex abuse happen without ramifications.

Thats pathetic....
Originally posted by Paul:
that coach who reportedly did all this was said to be on campus as recently as last week

The guy still had an office on campus and was on the faculty list.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

How the hell can you want a coach that let sex abuse happen without ramifications.

Thats pathetic....
He reported up. He didn't do anything illegal (at least not based on what we know).

Besides, it is pretty unfair to judge a man without stepping into his shoes. How would you react if you heard one of your best friends for decades had done that?
[ Edited by aman49 on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:42 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
He reported up. He didn't do anything illegal (at least not based on what we know).

Besides, it is pretty unfair to judge a man without stepping into his shoes. How would you react if you heard one of your best friends for decades had done that?

He wouldn't be my friend and I would make sure he got life in prison.

Oh and PLEASE stop with the he reported to his boss BS, makes you looks stupid.... Joe Paterno IS Penn St. HE IS THE BOSS, not the AD, not the president and not the board of trusties.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:46 PM ]

Thats pathetic....
He reported up. He didn't do anything illegal (at least not based on what he knows).

Are you f**king kidding me? If my best friend/brother/dad did something like that, I would NOT hesitate one bit to report the police.How the hell can you not report that? I would have been friends with the person that I thought they were, I would not be a friend to a person who rapes little boys.

I'll probably get warned, but your attitude seriously disgusts me. I think you have morally irresponsible attitude in that you would place protecting a friendship anywhere near the moral responsibility to protect children from rape.

And he reported it to his boss? You think thats sufficient? I'm not talking about the law, I know the law. I'm talking about ethics, morality, and character. JoePa KNEW that someone witnessed a boy being raped by his right hand man. JoePa KNEW after he reported it to his boss, nothing was done. JoePa's inaction to follow through and make sure the incident was investigated is a monstrous display of a complete lack of empathy and complete lack of character.

If I ever hear someone tell me they saw whoever, friend family member anyone, rape a little boy I think its clear as day that I now have a moral responsiblity to make sure the police know about this and investigate it.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM ]

Thats pathetic....
He reported up. He didn't do anything illegal (at least not based on what he knows).

Are you f**king kidding me? If my best friend/brother/dad did something like that, I would NOT hesitate one bit to report the police.How the hell can you not report that? I would have been friends with the perons that I thought they were, I would not be a friend to a person who rapes little boys.

I'll probably get warned, but your attitude seriously disgusts me. I think you have morally irresponsible attitude in that you would place protecting a friendship anywhere near the moral responsibility to protect children from rape.

And he reported it to his boss? You think thats sufficient? I'm not talking about the law, I know the law. I'm talking about ethics, morality, and character. JoePa KNEW that someone witnessed a boy being raped by his right hand man. JoePa KNEW after he reported it to his boss, nothing was done. JoePa's inaction to follow through and make sure the incident was investigated is a monstrous display of a complete lack of empathy and complete lack of character.

If I ever hear someone tell me they saw whoever, friend family member anyone, rape a little boy I think its clear as day that I now have a moral responsiblity to make sure the police know about this and investigate it.
There are gaps in this story re: Joe Pa's involvement. The DAs office isn't even interested in him at this point. If that changes over time as new facts come out, my opinion may as well.

So if somebody came to you and said he saw your dad raping a child you first instinct would be to tell the police? I call massive b*lls**t on that. You'd probably go to your room and do some intense soul searching. There is a good chance you'd never mention it again. Remember, Joe Pa didn't see anything. A grad assistant did.
[ Edited by aman49 on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Oh and PLEASE stop with the he reported to his boss BS, makes you looks stupid.... Joe Paterno IS Penn St. HE IS THE BOSS, not the AD, not the president and not the board of trusties.

Exactly, he probably did not want to set the program back years in addition to Sandusky being his friend. I know it was wrong to not pursue it, but he told Spanier and trusted the higher ups to do the right thing
Originally posted by Jcool:

Exactly, he probably did not want to set the program back years in addition to Sandusky being his friend. I know it was wrong to not pursue it, but he told Spanier and trusted the higher ups to do the right thing
The fact is, the world revolves around money. I'm not surprised by what happened one bit. NOT SAYING IT WAS RIGHT, I'M SAYING I CAN SEE WHY IT HAPPENED.

yeah he didnt do anything illegal

but in that area JoPa is considered to be very wise/nobel/moral man

if he let this happen with some form knowledge, it changes the perception about him
Originally posted by ads_2006:

if he let this happen with some form knowledge, it changes the perception about him
I agree with all of that. Thanks for not letting your emotions get the best of you
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I agree with all of that. Thanks for not letting your emotions get the best of you

I agree with both of you guys. It's different for me actually being around all this. (I go to penn state)