LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

How about the POSITIVE things that the students (who have nothing to do with this, yet still get judged) have done in the wake of all this? The candlelight vigil? Organizing a "blue-out" against Nebraska to raise awareness for child abuse? How much media did that get?
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Maybe he went to school there and played football?? Or worse the ballboy?

how does this not get a warning? You are basically poking fun at the victims

please don't use that word POKING in this thread, its bad taste.
Originally posted by valrod33:
you are just trying to protect your schools image, thats what got you guys in all the mess in the first place

You are right, because the entire school participated in the sexual abuse right?? Good thinking
How about the POSITIVE things that the students (who have nothing to do with this, yet still get judged) have done in the wake of all this? The candlelight vigil? Organizing a "blue-out" against Nebraska to raise awareness for child abuse? How much media did that get?

maybe PSU should have raise awareness for child abuse about 10 to 15 years ago and none of this would have taken place? The timing is all wrong.
Considering I am currently going to school here, I am feeling the ignorant comments of people like you negatively affecting everyone's perception of us. Sure, I am very angry with Sandusky but I am also angry with people being blatantly ignorant and insulting the university as a whole

Just Sandusky?
you are just trying to protect your schools image, thats what got you guys in all the mess in the first place

You are right, because the entire school participated in the sexual abuse right?? Good thinking

No......but your "government" kept it hush. Some of the main people in charge did nothing about it. Beloved JoePa said himself that with hindsight he would've done more. Your ex-president gave his unconditional support to the AD. You blame the people in charge, especially when they knew what happened.

are you saying that the entire school participated in this? O my I need to wash my hands now. My mom says I can't post to you any longer.

maybe PSU should have raise awareness for child abuse about 10 to 15 years ago and none of this would have taken place? The timing is all wrong.

This. You don't let this go on for 10+ years, and only when your reputation starts taking a hit, that's when you come out? Those people that helped cover up what Sandusky did, is just as heinous as the act itself. They all f**ked up big time, and now they have to pay the price.
BTW, You should not be mad at me, you should be mad at JoePa and Jerry and the rest of the people who were treated as gods at PSU and who ended up raping little boys on your camp and doing a cover up on it. Maybe while you were going to school there.

Considering I am currently going to school here, I am feeling the ignorant comments of people like you negatively affecting everyone's perception of us. Sure, I am very angry with Sandusky but I am also angry with people being blatantly ignorant and insulting the university as a whole

You're going to have to get thicker skin. If you got outside PA and tell someone where you went to school, the first question is going to be about Sandusky and this scandal. Or if they don't ask it, it will still be in the back of their mind. This scandal will follow you the rest of your life becuase the fact is, the scandal is attached to the name of the university.

And this is probably the biggest scandal of all time for a university.

I find it funny that all you (not you spizzy) guys are outraged rightfully so about what took place yet are the first to crack jokes about kids being molested. That makes perfect sense to me.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
No......but your "government" kept it hush. Some of the main people in charge did nothing about it. Beloved JoePa said himself that with hindsight he would've done more. Your ex-president gave his unconditional support to the AD. You blame the people in charge, especially when they knew what happened.

You are right, I do think that Spanier and some of the higher ups should be crucified but also I don't question the character of JoePa. He has done so much more for the university and the community than people realize, and him being accused of directly covering it up does not fall in line with this. But who knows, more info is being released every day.

My main gripe is that the student body perception is being destroyed. I was talking to a girl in class today who said she has had 3 different grad schools call her and cancel interviews for no apparent reason
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I find it funny that all you (not you spizzy) guys are outraged rightfully so about what took place yet are the first to crack jokes about kids being molested. That makes perfect sense to me.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

It was one guy. It was one joke, and all he said "maybe he was the ball boy"...

your just looking for any excuse now to look like the moral figure in all of this, but you are far from that.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Doing something to make yourself feel better does nothing to help the victims...
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 16, 2011 at 12:01 PM ]

o come on now. I am not cracking jokes about the kids, I am only cracking jokes about what others are posting. just think a little more before you post, its that easy. Has nothing to do with the kids.
Share 49ersWebzone