LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

Originally posted by SportsFan:
And to clear up one other thing that has been twisted around by those on this forum.

My original post in this thread was to wait until all the evidence came out against Joe Pa before destroying the guys legacy. Others than started to claim I was trying to back Sandusky. Not true at all.

agree to disagree
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
wow i guess u do have time to scroll through a 69 page thread. yes i called u dull. u have probably over 70 posts in this thread and id say about 75% of them are condescending, sophomoric, and some confrontational. i refuse to scroll through this whole thread, which apparently u had the time to do so. if i offended u sorry, but i feel strongly since what this man did was so horrific. i also feel strongly that an adult can form their own opinion, and i formed mine ONLY after reading the grand jury report and chronological timeline of events. Like i said b4 if u want to wait till he is convicted to cast stones that is ur option, i will voice my opinion now and if in the .01% chance that i am wrong, i will apologize.

no response?

I can't respond to something so stupid. My initial posts were all about waiting to hear the whole story before tarring and feathering all the people involved.

This claim that 75% of my posts were condescending, sophomoric and confrontational is a straight out lie. I already posted where our conversation started and how it was you that stated "are you dull". Since then I have been consistent in my stance. At no point have I said anything about you being incorrect or that you should not have the right to form your opinion. Not once. So stop saying that I have. While continually you and a few others have clearly stated that with 'Have you read the DAMN grand jury report? It is all there, what else do you need?", among other things.

I will continue to post and stay true to what I have stated from the beginning. Please stop responding to my posts.

hahaha u cant respond to something so stupid? and yet u respond. not a straight up lie, u been arguing with every1 else in this thread, it isnt just about me vs you. have ur little stance, and every person with half a brain will have theirs. ps asking what i do 4 a living was a condescending question as it had nothing to do with the argument, it was so out of context you were clearly trying to use it in an attempt to put me down. if there was any other reason 4 asking i'd like 2 hear it.

I already admitted I asked that question to put you down and apologized for it.

And there you go again, claiming I am the one insulting you for your opinion and you state "Anyone with half a brain".
Since everyone posts every little piece of information about the wrong doings that went on.

The McQueary interview tonight.

From what I read online he is stating that he stopped the incident in 2002 and talked to police and the university police. If this is in fact true (which would seem to contradict the grand jury report) then it would amost exonerate Joe Pa wouldn't it? I mean, if McQueary talked to the police about what he saw what would there be for Joe Pa to do? The matter was in the hands of the police as far as he would be concerned.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I'm at the point where I just don't want to hear about this s**t any more. I listen to sports radio at work all day, and 8 hours a day of this is f**king depressing. At this point I'd personally give this guy the needle. I've got a 3 year old and now I'll probably never leave him alone. Poor kid.

To me, can a jury decide this guy innocent without public outcry and retrial or a higher court? I just can't imagine this guy getting a not guilty verdict.

Unless, some crazy thing comes up that ALL of the people involved are pedophiles and that Sandusky is taking the fall.

You cant have a retrial unless there were errors by the judge or Sandusky did not receive competent defense. You certainly cannot have it tried in a higher court. As far as public outcry.. well the OJ case and the Casey Anthony proved that public outcry means nothing. Juries are unpredictable and that will never change.

Hopefully all the facts will come out, the kids who were abused will step forward and Sandusky will be found guilty. Also, hopefully anyone that lied or covered anything up will also pay the maximum penalty that is possible. I do believe that evidence that we have seen to this point make him seem dirty as hell.

As far as this thread goes.. the ridicule on Sports Fan has become just a bit excessive dont you think?

John, You and SportsFan are the pot calling the kettle black in this thread. If anyone is doing the ridicule its both of you. You both have taken shots at me and other, if you can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.

LOL Jim, you started off telling me I just liked to argue with you. I barely remember you to tell you the truth. Trust me when I tell you that arguing with you doesn't make my day. The only thing I laughed at is when you said that the Penn. St football program would be closed down. I still think that is laughable and will tell anyone ( and not just you Jim) that there isnt a chance in hell that Penn.St will get the Death Penalty from the NCAA. As for not taking the heat... when did I say anything about me? I simply said that the "ridicule on Sports Fan had become a bit excessive". People are piling on the guy.

I remember you from the Giants thread, because you b***hed and cried about the Freddie Sanchez trade and wanted Sabs head, until the Giants won the division, then you did a 360 and told everyone what a great awesome trade it was!! BLAH BLAH.....I know it makes your day! Also saying people are piling on the guy in this thread is a poor choice of words!! Sandusky would have liked that one!!
Since everyone posts every little piece of information about the wrong doings that went on.

From what I read online he is stating that he stopped the incident in 2002 and talked to police and the university police. If this is in fact true (which would seem to contradict the grand jury report) then it would amost exonerate Joe Pa wouldn't it? I mean, if McQueary talked to the police about what he saw what would there be for Joe Pa to do? The matter was in the hands of the police as far as he would be concerned.

doesnt add up. not talking about u said, talking about mcqueary. why would he lie to the grand jury, a lie at that that makes him look worse? a lie that makes him look like a coward? if he stopped sandusky he would have said that in his grand jury testimony. I think he is trying to save face here since he has been catching a lot of heat and death threats. the guys in protective custody. I am interested how this interview will go, but im going to find it very hard to believe his new story. To be clear again im questioning Mcqueary here not u sportsfan
I'm at the point where I just don't want to hear about this s**t any more. I listen to sports radio at work all day, and 8 hours a day of this is f**king depressing. At this point I'd personally give this guy the needle. I've got a 3 year old and now I'll probably never leave him alone. Poor kid.

To me, can a jury decide this guy innocent without public outcry and retrial or a higher court? I just can't imagine this guy getting a not guilty verdict.

Unless, some crazy thing comes up that ALL of the people involved are pedophiles and that Sandusky is taking the fall.

You cant have a retrial unless there were errors by the judge or Sandusky did not receive competent defense. You certainly cannot have it tried in a higher court. As far as public outcry.. well the OJ case and the Casey Anthony proved that public outcry means nothing. Juries are unpredictable and that will never change.

Hopefully all the facts will come out, the kids who were abused will step forward and Sandusky will be found guilty. Also, hopefully anyone that lied or covered anything up will also pay the maximum penalty that is possible. I do believe that evidence that we have seen to this point make him seem dirty as hell.

As far as this thread goes.. the ridicule on Sports Fan has become just a bit excessive dont you think?

John, You and SportsFan are the pot calling the kettle black in this thread. If anyone is doing the ridicule its both of you. You both have taken shots at me and other, if you can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.

LOL Jim, you started off telling me I just liked to argue with you. I barely remember you to tell you the truth. Trust me when I tell you that arguing with you doesn't make my day. The only thing I laughed at is when you said that the Penn. St football program would be closed down. I still think that is laughable and will tell anyone ( and not just you Jim) that there isnt a chance in hell that Penn.St will get the Death Penalty from the NCAA. As for not taking the heat... when did I say anything about me? I simply said that the "ridicule on Sports Fan had become a bit excessive". People are piling on the guy.

I remember you from the Giants thread, because you b***hed and cried about the Freddie Sanchez trade and wanted Sabs head, until the Giants won the division, then you did a 360 and told everyone what a great awesome trade it was!! BLAH BLAH.....I know it makes your day! Also saying people are piling on the guy in this thread is a poor choice of words!! Sandusky would have liked that one!!

Like I said.. I barely remember you. However, if you really want to compare baseball knowledge with me have at it. I'm pretty sure I can hang in there with you. LMAO. By the way, I never said the Sanchez deal was awesome.

ur kidding us right? JoePa was fired for a very good reason. Why did the BOD and PSU not stand behind and fight for JoePa if he did nothing wrong? How could you even look at this person and let him on your school grounds if you knew this about him? Joe Pa should have maned up. I have zero respect for him. COVER UP for PSU and the PSU Football Program.

Like I said.. I barely remember you. However, if you really want to compare baseball knowledge with me have at it. I'm pretty sure I can hang in there with you. LMAO. By the way, I never said the Sanchez deal was awesome.

i barely remember you as well, but if you ever come to a 49er game I would love to meet you! I might even buy you a beer. (or give you some Kool-Aid)

doesnt add up. not talking about u said, talking about mcqueary. why would he lie to the grand jury, a lie at that that makes him look worse? a lie that makes him look like a coward? if he stopped sandusky he would have said that in his grand jury testimony. I think he is trying to save face here since he has been catching a lot of heat and death threats. the guys in protective custody. I am interested how this interview will go, but im going to find it very hard to believe his new story. To be clear again im questioning Mcqueary here not u sportsfan

sooooooooo did mcqueary perjurer himself?

Well JoePa himself said he should have done more? What the hell does that mean?

Originally posted by schmons:

sooooooooo did mcqueary perjurer himself?

Well, as I have stated over and over none of us have seen the actual testimony. All we have seen is a report that doesn't detail everything. But what is in the report would seem to go against what he is saying here. If the interviewer has any credibility he will ask him this very question about what is in the report vs. what he is saying now. So we will see.

so ur a know it all when it comes to baseball? I bet you never played the game, or football or basketball, but knows everything about the game. lmao as well.

so ur a know it all when it comes to baseball? I bet you never played the game, or football or basketball, but knows everything about the game. lmao as well.

Yep. I am pretty much a "know it all" when it comes to baseball. Thanks . And, yes I did play in college, coach high school age kids,, referee and umpire at the high school level, and know a bit about the game. But, this thread isnt about that now is it. If you want to question me about my baseball knowledge you can certainly PM me. I dont want to bore others in here. This is about Sandusky and the Penn St scandal.

Yep. I am pretty much a "know it all" when it comes to baseball. Thanks . And, yes I did play in college, coach high school age kids,, referee and umpire at the high school level, and know a bit about the game. But, this thread isnt about that now is it. If you want to question me about my baseball knowledge you can certainly PM me. I dont want to bore others in here. This is about Sandusky and the Penn St scandal.

well you are boring the hell out of me. Did you play for Penn St??
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
dan_bernstein Dan Bernstein

Latest on #PSU: Paterno shielding assets from possible lawsuits. In July.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sports/ncaafootball/in-july-paterno-transferred-ownership-of-home-to-his-wife-for-1.html?_r=1
Share 49ersWebzone