LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I just don't see Paterno as an accomplice to anything. He is an innocent man who forwarded "hearsay." Personally, the actual witness should have made sure some action was taken upon his voice.

Please avoid personal attacks

Exactly. Reading the PDF the AD and president seem to state that the initial report was of inappropriate contact. It is hard to say what exactly was told to Paterno.
the most telling thing about this is that in 2002 when the AD was notified they told Sandusky that he couldn't bring the kids to campus anymore and took his keys away. Which basically means, "you can do what you want just not on campus". unbelievable
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I just don't see Paterno as an accomplice to anything. He is an innocent man who forwarded "hearsay." Personally, the actual witness should have made sure some action was taken upon his voice.

Exactly. Reading the PDF the AD and president seem to state that the initial report was of inappropriate contact. It is hard to say what exactly was told to Paterno.

Yeah, the personal attack is similar to an emotional reaction towards Joe Paterno of those who think he played a giant role in this situation. Shultz and Clury or whatever are the true sad people who downplayed the incident along with the University Police who had NO INTENTION of questioning anyone closer to the incident.

Can you guys believe that. NOONE is pointing the finger at the University Police. THEY are the ones who didn't do their job.
I am sooooo pissed on a common sense level and as long as this drags on the more gas will be spilled on my racial anger. Im not the only one either. This guy will coach this weekend?
Sorry if I sound ignant but come on!
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Nov 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM ]

Holy crap, man...that in and of itself isn't enough to morally implicate Paterno?!?!?

55 year old man + 10 year old boy + shower + "inappropriate contact" in YOUR facilities

At the VERY least that's what Paterno knew. If that was you...you wouldn't follow up to see what the hell the AD was gonna do with that? Would you just let it be? Would you let that guy be around your facilities? I coach HS basketball, and if there was a report of someone around the program doing this to a kid, not only am I reporting this to my AD, but that guy would ABSOLUTELY NOT be allowed around my facilities until he was COMPLETELY exonerated. And you bet your ass that I'm following up to ensure that my AD went to the proper authorities.

Paterno's actions absolve him in a legal sense, but not a moral one. This smacks of a buddy covering up for a buddy, and a man who was preoccupied with his own reputation instead of doing the right thing. And quite frankly, I find it curious that a 2 year grand jury investigation of 15+ years of allegations finally come to light exactly one week after Paterno breaks the D-1 wins record.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Holy crap, man...that in and of itself isn't enough to morally implicate Paterno?!?!?

55 year old man + 10 year old boy + shower + "inappropriate contact" in YOUR facilities

At the VERY least that's what Paterno knew. If that was you...you wouldn't follow up to see what the hell the AD was gonna do with that? Would you just let it be? Would you let that guy be around your facilities? I coach HS basketball, and if there was a report of someone around the program doing this to a kid, not only am I reporting this to my AD, but that guy would ABSOLUTELY NOT be allowed around my facilities until he was COMPLETELY exonerated. And you bet your ass that I'm following up to ensure that my AD went to the proper authorities.

Paterno's actions absolve him in a legal sense, but not a moral one. This smacks of a buddy covering up for a buddy, and a man who was preoccupied with his own reputation instead of doing the right thing. And quite frankly, I find it curious that a 2 year grand jury investigation of 15+ years of allegations finally come to light exactly one week after Paterno breaks the D-1 wins record.

same dude who outright displayed his hatred for Mayweather by calling him a n****r....

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/155129-mayweather-ortiz-september-17th/page18/
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Nov 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
"...Do not dare to call a radio show, send an email, post on social media, or comment at the conclusion of this column until you have taken the time to read every word. Until you do, nothing you think or say matters one iota.

Familiarize yourself with the unimaginable cowardice of Mike McQueary. Know what Joe Paterno knew, and had to know. Learn about standard operating procedure at the school's highest levels, and the sway held by football. Inhumane crimes were occurring deep in the hills of Pennsylvania, and merciless men ensured that they would continue unchecked.

Most importantly, we must stop with comfortable euphemisms that ease the pain of confronting these brutal crimes. This is not "horseplay," or "inappropriate acts," or even "sodomy." It's worse. We have a solemn responsibility to expose these infections to sunlight, trying as hard as we can to understand as much as we can.

You will not think as you did before. You saw the idiot students chanting football cheers last night on Paterno's lawn, and have heard from the cult of apologists. You will want to kill all of them.

You will want Sandusky torn to shreds by animals behind bars.

You may feel as I do, wishing you actually believed in Hell."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/09/bernstein-you-must-read-the-grand-jury-report/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=CBS+Chicago%27s+Most+Popular+Sports+Stories%21
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Sandusky accusers now at 17, per Fox-TV in Philly.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/local_sports/exclusive:-victims-double-in-penn-state-case-110811
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I read earlier today it's 20... but whatever, doesn't matter.

I'm not really sure why Paterno doesn't leave now and rather will wait for the end of the year, what purpose does it serve with him coaching the last 2-3 games? The next Penn State coach needs to be someone of character
Well at the lest Sandusky will be in jail for the rest of his life getting anally raped and Joe Paterno will be dead probably within 6 months of whenever he retires (hopefully forced out soon).

If Paterno is allowed anywhere near a Penn State game this weekend I'll be shocked beyond belief. The black eye Penn State will get for that will tarnish that school for decades to come. They can't allow him anywhere near that game anymore.

Now this is damming:

Now, tell me why in '99, Sandusky – arguably the finest defensive coordinator in all of college football at the top of his game following a 10-win season that was capped with a bowl game shutout – retired in perfectly good physical health at the tender coaching age of 55?

And explain to me the reasons behind Paterno choosing that '99 season – which, by any measure, was a highly successful one – as the proper time to inform his longtime defensive lieutenant that he would not be succeeding him as head coach of Penn State, a job for which many had long considered Sandusky to be the heir apparent.

Call me cynical – or just call me sensible – but knowing what we now know about Jerry Sandusky, I have a very difficult time believing that the recently revealed 1998 investigation by university and municipal police into a complaint that he had inappropriate contact with a naked boy in a shower didn't play a role in Sandusky's abrupt retirement.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/09/wisch-i-think-paterno-knew-more/?utm_source=vph&utm_medium=topvph_sports&utm_campaign=201558

And if the AD told you the University Police were notified and are handling it, then what. And at the same time, it is not just about a report of "someone", it is about someone you have known for a VERY long time.

It is easier said than done but if someone tells you they went to the police, which I assume, is the proper authority, wouldn't you believe that the police are now handling the situation since they are the proper authority.

IMO, Shultz/Curly who down played the situation to the police and the police that did not investigate are the real culprits here.

As much as we want to pretend we know how much we think Paterno knew or knows, we really don't.

No. From what I read it was said that the initial report was that Sandusky and a young boy were in locker room and inappropriate contact may have taken place. You guys have no idea what was said to Paterno. What if it was something along the line of "Saw Sandusky with a young boy in the locker room. something didn't feel right." Would you immediately run to the cops?
  • Paul
  • Veteran

This guy must be sick
[ Edited by Paul on Nov 9, 2011 at 2:41 PM ]

And if the AD told you the University Police were notified and are handling it, then what. And at the same time, it is not just about a report of "someone", it is about someone you have known for a VERY long time.

It is easier said than done but if someone tells you they went to the police, which I assume, is the proper authority, wouldn't you believe that the police are now handling the situation since they are the proper authority.

IMO, Shultz/Curly who down played the situation to the police and the police that did not investigate are the real culprits here.

As much as we want to pretend we know how much we think Paterno knew or knows, we really don't.

Exactly. The problem is that with kids involved, and rightfully so, people just let their emotions get the best of them without sitting back and letting all the evidence come out first. I do agree that Joe, to show compassion for the victims, should retire a few games early.
Share 49ersWebzone