There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

Originally posted by aman49:
Ohio State players sell their memorabilia for money and the program is painted as corrupt.

Penn State covers up child molestation and the media barely mentions it.

What a joke

Do you live under a rock>?
this s**t is soooooooooooooooo disturbing.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,222
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by aman49:
Ohio State players sell their memorabilia for money and the program is painted as corrupt.

Penn State covers up child molestation and the media barely mentions it.

What a joke

Do you live under a rock>?

It's literally the only thing being talked about this week on every sports media outlet.

My take: 1, what kind of man witnesses this and just tells someone, albeit the most powerful person possible. Even the biggest p***y in the world, if you're a man you physically stop that on sight. Whether you dole out a vicious beating, which I would once the kid was out of harm's way, or simply let the dude know "I'm watching you, you'll stop now, and then you're going to jail." Then you tell JoePa, then me, I go straight to the media. That's the only way justice is swift these days.
2, if I'm JoePa and someone tells me this, I get enraged, likely turn my desk over, then get up and find this motherf**ker and fire him on the spot, then call the cops. I'd also want to kick his ass, but someone in JP's position, you just can't do that. Then I address my team, make an effort to find the victims parents and attempt to make amends, then have a press conference. I do all of this in a matter of hours.
Any other way to handle it is trying to cover your own ass and that's reprehensible. I couldn't have less respect for anyone associated with this cover up and hope all of them enjoy their stays in jail. I'm sure they will be popular.
There is so much more to this story that we need to know.

First, as others have stated, why did the witnesses inform Paterno of what they saw? Makes no sense. Almost makes me believe they didn't see exactly what they are reporting what they saw. And if they did and told Paterno, what the f**k was he thinking? At the very least he should have followed up with the AD to find out what they were doing about it. And why would he continue to have Sandusky on his staff.

Very sickening story.
Originally posted by TX9R:
It's literally the only thing being talked about this week on every sports media outlet.

My take: 1, what kind of man witnesses this and just tells someone, albeit the most powerful person possible. Even the biggest p***y in the world, if you're a man you physically stop that on sight. Whether you dole out a vicious beating, which I would once the kid was out of harm's way, or simply let the dude know "I'm watching you, you'll stop now, and then you're going to jail." Then you tell JoePa, then me, I go straight to the media. That's the only way justice is swift these days.
2, if I'm JoePa and someone tells me this, I get enraged, likely turn my desk over, then get up and find this motherf**ker and fire him on the spot, then call the cops. I'd also want to kick his ass, but someone in JP's position, you just can't do that. Then I address my team, make an effort to find the victims parents and attempt to make amends, then have a press conference. I do all of this in a matter of hours.
Any other way to handle it is trying to cover your own ass and that's reprehensible. I couldn't have less respect for anyone associated with this cover up and hope all of them enjoy their stays in jail. I'm sure they will be popular.

He wasn't the DC at this time. He had already retired.
paterno retiring FINALLY after the season, should step down now
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
Originally posted by SportsFan:
There is so much more to this story that we need to know.

First, as others have stated, why did the witnesses inform Paterno of what they saw? Makes no sense. Almost makes me believe they didn't see exactly what they are reporting what they saw. And if they did and told Paterno, what the f**k was he thinking? At the very least he should have followed up with the AD to find out what they were doing about it. And why would he continue to have Sandusky on his staff.

Very sickening story.
The guy actually called his father. His father told him to leave and come home. Then the next day they went and told Paterno.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
There is so much more to this story that we need to know.

First, as others have stated, why did the witnesses inform Paterno of what they saw? Makes no sense. Almost makes me believe they didn't see exactly what they are reporting what they saw. And if they did and told Paterno, what the f**k was he thinking? At the very least he should have followed up with the AD to find out what they were doing about it. And why would he continue to have Sandusky on his staff.

Very sickening story.
The guy actually called his father. His father told him to leave and come home. Then the next day they went and told Paterno.

Protecting the Institution
At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7211281/penn-state-nittany-lions-joe-paterno-retire-end-season

Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith. are absolutely correct...Joe Paterno needs to go now.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7211281/penn-state-nittany-lions-joe-paterno-retire-end-season

"This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more. My goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to help this university."
they forced bobby bowden down now joe pa. the same media that once were on their knees head-bopping Joe Pa hard are the ones doing him in after sucking the cream dry.

"But y'all so fickle y'all love me today
And tomorrow love another cat and shove me away
But most ain't committed to do it how I did it"

M.A
Originally posted by aman49:
I did so to make a point that its not as simple as "you always report this straight to the police, every time". It isn't that simple. Maybe for you it is, but not for all people. We don't even know what the graduate assistant actually told JoePa.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Like the Casey Anthony thread months ago, the issue of bad things happening to children clouds people's ability to calmly analyze situations.

I'm perfectly calm, you are assuming I'm not calm through a computer screen....

And it is simple that you report someone witnessed a child was raped in the circumstances that Paterno was in.
Penn State President gone as well
Originally posted by lazy:
At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7211281/penn-state-nittany-lions-joe-paterno-retire-end-season

Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith. are absolutely correct...Joe Paterno needs to go now.

JoPA went on to say the University has more important issues to discuss

which it true