There are 163 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by spizzy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7JXoXdIJQ7I#!

Are you kidding me? I just lost all respect for Penn State.

How the hell can you want a coach that let sex abuse happen without ramifications.

Thats pathetic....
He reported up. He didn't do anything illegal (at least not based on what he knows).

Besides, it is pretty unfair to judge a man without stepping into his shoes. How would you react if you heard one of your best friends for decades had done that?

Are you f**king kidding me? If my best friend/brother/dad did something like that, I would NOT hesitate one bit to report the police.How the hell can you not report that? I would have been friends with the perons that I thought they were, I would not be a friend to a person who rapes little boys.

I'll probably get warned, but your attitude seriously disgusts me. I think you have morally irresponsible attitude in that you would place protecting a friendship anywhere near the moral responsibility to protect children from rape.

And he reported it to his boss? You think thats sufficient? I'm not talking about the law, I know the law. I'm talking about ethics, morality, and character. JoePa KNEW that someone witnessed a boy being raped by his right hand man. JoePa KNEW after he reported it to his boss, nothing was done. JoePa's inaction to follow through and make sure the incident was investigated is a monstrous display of a complete lack of empathy and complete lack of character.

If I ever hear someone tell me they saw whoever, friend family member anyone, rape a little boy I think its clear as day that I now have a moral responsiblity to make sure the police know about this and investigate it.
There are gaps in this story re: Joe Pa's involvement. The DAs office isn't even interested in him at this point. If that changes over time as new facts come out, my opinion may as well.

So if somebody came to you and said he saw your dad raping a child you first instinct would be to tell the police? I call massive b*lls**t on that. You'd probably go to your room and do some intense soul searching. There is a good chance you'd never mention it again. Remember, Joe Pa didn't see anything. A grad assistant did.

So you're the expert on how I would react? Very logical

And yes, if someone I knew told me they saw my dad raping a child I would call police and I wouldn't have to do any soul searching. I'd give them the name and number of the witness and say go talk to them about what they saw and I don't know if its true or not.

And yes, if someone I knew told me they saw my dad raping a child I would call police and I wouldn't have to do any soul searching. I'd give them the name and number of the witness and say go talk to them about what they saw and I don't know if its true or not.

Well it's very naive to think most people would do the same thing.

Exactly, most people aren't the face of a powerhouse university and a national icon whose name is synonymous with the university
GOD is indeed GREAT. when these fat Quakers think they can do whatever they so please ALMIGHTY brings them back down a whole lot and shows us mankind his GREATNESS and POWER to even the balance.

You think its naive to report child abuse? What planet do you live one?

Most cases on child abuse begin because someone heard something and reported it to get the ball rolling on an investigation
From his wikipedia

Sandusky is married and has six adopted children. He also took in foster children.

Most cases on child abuse begin because someone heard something and reported it to get the ball rolling on an investigation

When a person comes to you and tells you that your DAD did it? Yeah, its naive to think that person will immediately call the police.

When a person comes to you and tells you that your DAD did it? Yeah, its naive to think that person will immediately call the police.

You're using a straw man arguement and getting away from the purpose of this thread by trying to latch onto my most extreme part of one of my responses.

Its about Sandusky the right hand man of JoePa who was let off the hook by those who had the ability to stop his abuse. Because they failed to report it, a man was able to continue to molest/rape children.

How do you not see any personal responsibility in this? You really think JoePa has no moral responsibility to at least pick up the phone and tell the police that Mr. X told me he saw a child raped in the shower of Penn St locker room, I think you should talk to him?
You're using a straw man arguement and getting away from the purpose of this thread by trying to latch onto my most extreme part of one of my responses.

First off, you used a strawman argument on me, not vice versa. Second, I was only talking about that one part of your comment. I made no comment at any point that JoePa was completely morally free from blame.

First off, you used a strawman argument on me, not vice versa. Second, I was only talking about that one part of your comment. I made no comment at any point that JoePa was completely morally free from blame.

Umm no, when did I ever twist your words? I made a statement indicating no matter my relationship, if I have knowledge of child abuse I think its my moral responsibility to report it.

You responded by latching onto one of the relationships I described, rather then responding to the substance of my arguement (and you brought it up several times).

Umm no, when did I ever twist your words? I made a statement indicating no matter my relationship, if I have knowledge of child abuse I think its my moral responsibility to report it.

You responded by latching onto one of the relationships I described, rather then responding to the substance of my arguement (and you brought it up several times).
I did so to make a point that its not as simple as "you always report this straight to the police, every time". It isn't that simple. Maybe for you it is, but not for all people. We don't even know what the graduate assistant actually told JoePa.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Like the Casey Anthony thread months ago, the issue of bad things happening to children clouds people's ability to calmly analyze situations.
can't believe since 1994 people just stood by and let this s**t go on, unbelievable
I feel like everyone needs to read the 23 page Grand Jury Presentment. This thread is starting to have posts filled with assumptions and slightly incorrect statements presented as fact.
what a diddler..
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I feel like everyone needs to read the 23 page Grand Jury Presentment. This thread is starting to have posts filled with assumptions and slightly incorrect statements presented as fact.

exactly. after u read this u will be more informed and disgusted. if u r sticking up for joepa now, i would dare you to still defend him after reading.
Share 49ersWebzone