There are 177 users in the forums

BCS National Championship

• zero
  • Veteran
BCS Computer Room

B(c)S National Championship.
I was just thinking... if Boise didn't lose to TCU, would they have been #2? I think they might have been. They blew the ultimate opportunity.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't get why people are upset. I don't follow CFB as closely as some others do, but are these clearly the best two teams in the country?

Easily the best two teams in the country and they should be in the BCS showdown - Pac-12 fan.

...and I don't get how some hate Sabean so they want Alabama to get screwed. Alabama has a great team and great players, and they deserve to be in the National Championship game.

LSU - Alabama was a great game and fans too deserve a part 2 of this great match-up.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Dec 5, 2011 at 1:29 AM ]
Originally posted by aman49:
I was just thinking... if Boise didn't lose to TCU, would they have been #2? I think they might have been. They blew the ultimate opportunity.

Thank god they did so we didn't have to watch LSU stomp them
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by aman49:

Thank god they did so we didn't have to watch LSU stomp them

Utah vs. Alabama, 2008 Sugar Bowl. Not saying it would happen... saying it has happened.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I don't get why people are upset. I don't follow CFB as closely as some others do, but are these clearly the best two teams in the country?

Easily the best two teams in the country and they should be in the BCS showdown - Pac-12 fan.

...and I don't get how some hate Sabean so they want Alabama to get screwed. Alabama has a great team and great players, and they deserve to be in the National Championship game.

LSU - Alabama was a great game and fans too deserve a part 2 of this great match-up.

I know, I know. I'm, like, 30% joking. I do think Saban is a dick though.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Won't watch, LOL
I love how everyone says Alabama is easily the number 2 team in the nation... How do we know? Did they play Oklahoma State? Stanford? Even Boise St. Do they deserved to be mentioned? Perhaps, but just because some computer and some disinterested coaches who do do even vote for the polls said so, I guess it is so.

I do know one thing. The biggest argument for this joke of a system when they said the regular season matters is now flawed.

If I remember correctly Alabama already lost to LSU.

They did not even win their conference. or even their division in their conference.

Is it because everyone says the SEC is the best conference. Again what is this based on. Someone's opinion.

We know like Opinions are like and just like this system. It stinks
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
So if Bama beats LSU, they'll split the season series but be crowned National Champs. Way to go BCS.

I'm more upset about the actual BCS process rather than 2 SEC teams playing again. IMO, they are the two best teams.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
So if Bama beats LSU, they'll split the season series but be crowned National Champs. Way to go BCS.

I'm more upset about the actual BCS process rather than 2 SEC teams playing again. IMO, they are the two best teams.

Yea...kinda like how NY Giants split the season series with Patriots and were crowned the Superbowl Champs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I know, I know. I'm, like, 30% joking. I do think Saban is a dick though.

I won't argue with you on that.

I dont know about "clearly" but I do think they are the 2 best teams and deserving of the BCS title game. Bama's loss was by 3 to LSU where Ok. St. lost to a mediocre team. I think Alabama would beat Ok. St easily and will beat LSU in the title game.
Every game counts! Unless you're in the SEC...
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Every game counts! Unless you're in the SEC...

Well the SEC is the toughest conference by far. Since all the other contenders for the BCS title game lost at least once (other than LSU) I think voters simply went by which team they felt was the best among 1 loss teams. Oklahoma St. has only themselves to blame for losing to an average Iowa St. team.
Share 49ersWebzone