There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BCS National Championship

Originally posted by okdkid:
This is the worst tragedy to ever hit the city of New Orleans.

Lol
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i just can't name a team that should have gotten a chance.

Alabama had their chance against LSU and lost. Now they won. What does it prove? Nothing.

LSU blowing out OK State, or whomever, would have at least resulted in a clear cut champ. Now, there is no way anyone in good conscious could say there was a champion in college football this year.

Alabama is clearly the most dominant team in college football and deserves the championship. They dominanted an undefeated team today and only lost once in OT by 3 pts. Oklahoma St would have been crushed by this team just like LSU was.

and they lost to that undefeated team earlier in the season.

Yes. By 3 pts in overtime. Today they won by 21 and it could have been a lot worse. Alabama has one of the best defenses ever in college football and would have smoked anyone tonight. Oklahoma St choked against a mediocre Iowa St team, Oregon lost twice, and Stanford got killed at home. None of those teams were more deserving than Bama to be in this game.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by okdkid:
This is the worst tragedy to ever hit the city of New Orleans.

Lol

Saturday will be
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by okdkid:
This is the worst tragedy to ever hit the city of New Orleans.

Lol

Saturday will be

That's what I was gonna say
LSU crossed the 50yrd line once

LSU gained measley about 92yrds in the game

2.1yrds per play.

'bama only had 1 penalty and that was on punt at near the end of the game

yeah they should have just put together a all-star college team to go up against 'bama and still would have gotten rolled over by the tide.


in Stacey King's voice " Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i just can't name a team that should have gotten a chance.

Alabama had their chance against LSU and lost. Now they won. What does it prove? Nothing.

LSU blowing out OK State, or whomever, would have at least resulted in a clear cut champ. Now, there is no way anyone in good conscious could say there was a champion in college football this year.

Alabama is clearly the most dominant team in college football and deserves the championship. They dominanted an undefeated team today and only lost once in OT by 3 pts. Oklahoma St would have been crushed by this team just like LSU was.

and they lost to that undefeated team earlier in the season.

Yes. By 3 pts in overtime. Today they won by 21 and it could have been a lot worse. Alabama has one of the best defenses ever in college football and would have smoked anyone tonight. Oklahoma St choked against a mediocre Iowa St team, Oregon lost twice, and Stanford got killed at home. None of those teams were more deserving than Bama to be in this game.

i understand how the system works, and I think its stupid.

Alabama very well may be the best team in the country. All I really know is that they are tied for the best team in the SEC. That shouldn't satisfy anyone.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i just can't name a team that should have gotten a chance.

Alabama had their chance against LSU and lost. Now they won. What does it prove? Nothing.

LSU blowing out OK State, or whomever, would have at least resulted in a clear cut champ. Now, there is no way anyone in good conscious could say there was a champion in college football this year.

Alabama is clearly the most dominant team in college football and deserves the championship. They dominanted an undefeated team today and only lost once in OT by 3 pts. Oklahoma St would have been crushed by this team just like LSU was.

That claim is 100% subjective. Without a playoff system, we'll never know. We have to settle for "would have beens". I'd rather have a "they were".

I dont disagree that a playoff system of 8 teams would be much better. All I am saying is that in THIS year with the BCS in place that Alabama was the most deserving and best team to play LSU and that this played out in the end.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
I'm glad I didn't watch this. Just saw the final score. LOL
has zero shown up around here yet?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,448
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by okdkid:
This is the worst tragedy to ever hit the city of New Orleans.

Lol

Saturday will be

That's what I was gonna say

Me too. When it rains, it pours. f**k NOLA
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,448
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont disagree that a playoff system of 8 teams would be much better. All I am saying is that in THIS year with the BCS in place that Alabama was the most deserving and best team to play LSU and that this played out in the end.

This. Everyone knows system is a problem, but where I disagree is - don't penalize Alabama for it. They deserved to play in the NT game, and they proved that. Alabama >>>>>>> Rest .
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
This. Everyone knows system is a problem, but where I disagree is - don't penalize Alabama for it. They deserved to play in the NT game, and they proved that. Alabama >>>>>>> Rest .

and now AP National Champs.
Not is only Alabama clearly the best team this year, but possibly the best defense college football has ever seen

Roll Tide
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
this game should not have been allowed to happen.

lets hear your argument. go ahead flap away

would i be the first person in the country to make the argument that there was no need for a dull rematch of these teams when there were other teams that should have gotten a chance at the #1 team in the country? Really? Would I be the first? That's amazing.

These teams are now 1-1 against each other this year. There is no champion. Thanks BCS.

So if the Niners beat the Raven in the Super Bowl, then the Niners arent clear cut champs bc they are 1-1 against the Ravens

boring game