There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bigger hype before turning pro (in recent years)

Bigger hype before turning pro (in recent years)

Originally posted by LB49ers:
Does anyone remember when Jimmy Clausen was at Oaks Christian and was on the cover of Cal High magazine and they were calling him the Lebron James of football. Oh and announcing your college choice at the steps of the college football hall of fame was very douchey

I remember watching him play at that army high school all star game.. what a bust
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,220
Ron Powlus QB Notre Dame

One of the most heavily-touted prospects in the history of high school football, he was an offensive standout at Berwick High School. Powlus was named Parade Magazine prep player of the year and USA Today offensive prep player of the year in 1992. After Powlus signed his letter of intent with Notre Dame that year, ESPN analyst Beano Cook predicted that Powlus would win the Heisman Trophy twice.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,920
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Does anyone remember when Jimmy Clausen was at Oaks Christian and was on the cover of Cal High magazine and they were calling him the Lebron James of football. Oh and announcing your college choice at the steps of the college football hall of fame was very douchey

I remember watching him play at that army high school all star game.. what a bust

Jon Gruden agrees lol
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Does anyone remember when Jimmy Clausen was at Oaks Christian and was on the cover of Cal High magazine and they were calling him the Lebron James of football. Oh and announcing your college choice at the steps of the college football hall of fame was very douchey

I remember watching him play at that army high school all star game.. what a bust

Jon Gruden agrees lol

...+ Tim Kawakooki lmfao
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,920
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Does anyone remember when Jimmy Clausen was at Oaks Christian and was on the cover of Cal High magazine and they were calling him the Lebron James of football. Oh and announcing your college choice at the steps of the college football hall of fame was very douchey

I remember watching him play at that army high school all star game.. what a bust

Jon Gruden agrees lol

...+ Tim Kawakooki lmfao

Originally posted by Jcool:
Ron Powlus QB Notre Dame

One of the most heavily-touted prospects in the history of high school football, he was an offensive standout at Berwick High School. Powlus was named Parade Magazine prep player of the year and USA Today offensive prep player of the year in 1992. After Powlus signed his letter of intent with Notre Dame that year, ESPN analyst Beano Cook predicted that Powlus would win the Heisman Trophy twice.

Powlus. There is a name I haven't heard in a while!
That a*****e who pitches for the Nationals, Schlongzenbackker or whatever his name is. He was hyped.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
That a*****e who pitches for the Nationals, Schlongzenbackker or whatever his name is. He was hyped.

And Bryce Harper another that was hyped. He was all over sports news when he was in high school. Remember when he hit a 500 foot HR in his sophomore year? Some crazy thing like that.

But still, IMO no one compares to LeBron
kobe :i'll rape a b!tch" bryant cause the nation was in search of next air jordan
Lebum "witness the king" james...see above for explanation
sydney "the concussion kid" crosby. next wayne gretzky, mario lemieux clone
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,220
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
And Bryce Harper another that was hyped. He was all over sports news when he was in high school. Remember when he hit a 500 foot HR in his sophomore year? Some crazy thing like that.

But still, IMO no one compares to LeBron

Stephen Strasburg was just as hyped as LeBron.
FREDDY ADU!!!!!!
  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,494
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
That a*****e who pitches for the Nationals, Schlongzenbackker or whatever his name is. He was hyped.

And Bryce Harper another that was hyped. He was all over sports news when he was in high school. Remember when he hit a 500 foot HR in his sophomore year? Some crazy thing like that.

But still, IMO no one compares to LeBron

Greg Oden was just as hyped up as LeBron.

Adrian Peterson was thought to be a #1 pick in the NFL draft straight out of High School.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,220
Originally posted by Ether:
Greg Oden was just as hyped up as LeBron.

Adrian Peterson was thought to be a #1 pick in the NFL draft straight out of High School.

Originally posted by skeetskeet:
FREDDY ADU!!!!!!

LOL, he was hyped up too bad he came to america
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
FREDDY ADU!!!!!!

LOL, he was hyped up too bad he came to america


Alex Smith effect.
Dude is starting to come around. His last World Cup appearance was pretty awesome.