There are 345 users in the forums

If you played sports in high school or college, what's the biggest thing you miss?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I miss practice the most. I'm sure alot are saying practice? Yeah, in a game you might only get 2 or 3 plays per game. In practice you get to shag grounders, hit and throw. I miss just the preparation for the next game. Discuss.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:05 AM ]
friday night lights.
showering with the fellas.
The camaraderie.
I hate to admit it, but I enjoyed the long bus rides and just chatting it up with the fellas.
playing
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
friday night lights.

Absolutely this. Friday's in the fall period. Excited campus, butterfly's building throughout the day, the big game . . . then off to Gravity Hill with a couple of twelve packs to celebrate or drown our sorrows with the rest of the o-line. Good times!
Post game interviews... always gave terrible quotes and always got s**t for it on Mondays.
Im playing varsity football right now and I love going on the bus and talking to my teammates. But I hate my coach. Reminds me of singletary and nolan rolled into one. No confidence with the qbs and runs 90% of the game even though we are losing.
I miss being the captain

losing every friday
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Im playing varsity football right now and I love going on the bus and talking to my teammates. But I hate my coach. Reminds me of singletary and nolan rolled into one. No confidence with the qbs and runs 90% of the game even though we are losing.

dude that is HS football. our school struggled for money so the rich kids got to play, and that was our starting QB. our backup was better, and our starting QB was a damn good safety who didn't play it because he was the QB.

but i miss practice and the competition. it was the only time i got to play and the only thing that sucked was our QB is untouchable, god way too many times i would have layed the wood.(no homo) but my dumbass got caught playing soccer while playing varsity FB during hell week.

soccer, i miss being the enforcer as a keeper. how many fast breaks my defense allowed on dirty players so i could come out and tell them to stop. i actually gave up a few shutouts to lay some heavy hits on them. and had some of it come back when one of his teammates would kick me in the head or balls later on. then my sweeper took care of business( he loved red cards) and he was blatant about it, stand over the guy and say don't touch him again as the ref is showing him the card.
Practice? You talking about practice? Not a game.. practice?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
The camaraderie.

Coming back home on the bus/ride after beating a team in their house having a hell of a time with my teammates. NOTHING beat that.
Share 49ersWebzone