this is awesome
welp

pk still needs work
getting a lil sloppy at the end
had all offseason to work on pk

>_<

it looked better last year
we gave up three goals.
You're gonna give up goals when you go 5 on 3 twice in a game, both times for over a minute on the first penalty

Friggin nice. 6-3? I missed most of the game tonight. Just an insane day. But two goals from Pavs and Desjardins are very encouraging, not to mention Handzus getting one too. NICE!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
we gave up three goals.

We had a 6-1 lead. They let up at the end. There was no way Phoenix was going to win this game.
This team got SOOOOOO much better on the back end. Burns was a massive pick up.
couple thoughts from last night:

-pk does still need work, but... the refs were calling the scoreboard so bad it was disgusting. the sharks were outskating the coyotes so badly it was just plain rape. the sharks should have gotten twice as many calls as they did, the coyotes were tripping and holding on almost every possession because of how bad they were getting beat. lets also remember this is one game, small sample size, so we'll get a better idea about the pk once we have a multiple game sample.

-i'm loving what i'm seeing from desjardins this year, dude has been everywhere on both ends of the ice.

-wingels needs to learn a bit about the game at this level. i do like his energy and scoring touch, but he needs to realize if he's got position in the slot on the pp and receives a pass, you gotta let a rip instead of pausing first, not many goaltenders going to get beat if they have time to set and see it all the way. also, wtf was up with him falling everywhere? was he trying to draw penalties? not sure what it was, but he needs to learn to stay on his feet because at one point it led to an odd man rush.

-burns is a flat out brilliant outlet passer. multiple times he waited until the perfect moment and executed in spite of a small window. on the flip side, this will probably lead to some turnovers at our blueline from time to time, lets keep our fingers crossed.

-vandermeer was dressed and shooting around during warmups, so glad he was a scratch.

-the passing still needs work. too many inaccurate passes led to turnovers, slowing up speed in the neutral zone and lost scoring chances. its the first game of the season and its probably good enough for now, just needs to get a bit better and this team will be killer.

-they have amicis at the tank now
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
couple thoughts from last night:

-wingels needs to learn a bit about the game at this level. i do like his energy and scoring touch, but he needs to realize if he's got position in the slot on the pp and receives a pass, you gotta let a rip instead of pausing first, not many goaltenders going to get beat if they have time to set and see it all the way. also, wtf was up with him falling everywhere? was he trying to draw penalties? not sure what it was, but he needs to learn to stay on his feet because at one point it led to an odd man rush.

-they have amicis at the tank now

With the way Desjardins played and with Havlat coming back, Wingels will be the odd man out.

Mcginn, Wingels, and Desjardins are still fighting for their spots imo. I think Muarry and Winchester will stay on the 4th line for a while
Share 49ersWebzone