*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
worst offseason in the history of the SJ sharks

now even the new SJ sharks girls are protesting their "sexist" uniforms

This post is useless without pics
some people need to get the f**k over themselves

tons of sports teams have cheerleaders. oh, boo f**king hoo the sharks are going to have girls showing midriff on skates. i assume these same people are crying about the niners, raiders and warrior girls? nah? they're just whining. how about some focus on all the useless goons we're signing? or that we've done nothing at all in fa?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drunk49er:

tons of sports teams have cheerleaders. oh, boo f**king hoo the sharks are going to have girls showing midriff on skates. i assume these same people are crying about the niners, raiders and warrior girls? nah? they're just whining. how about some focus on all the useless goons we're signing? or that we've done nothing at all in fa?

We must feel good about ourselves from a personnel standpoint

The resigning of Stalock makes me think he will be the starter

I expect us to make a move at some point this season. I just don't see us sitting there with what we've got right now.
Sharks signed Demers to 2 yr, $6.8 mil extension.

Originally posted by SofaKing:

Good to keep a young defenseman at least a couple more years. Hope our rooks can step up and fill roles soon.

At least u have ice girls thanks to issah Thomas I have to watch men skate around the garden ice.

lol, holy s**t! Just saw this. I'm so not surprised that someSharks fans are butt hurt about this.

First, I kind of agree with "ice girls" being pointless. They won't sell tickets, and they don't add to the game experience. I feel the same way about cheerleaders too by the way. If you are at a sports game and you are excited about staring at some chick with midriff 200 feet away, you got problems. For one, there is going to be more attractive girls at any sports game within 20 feet of you. Anytime I've gone to a Sharks game, there are lot of cuties there.

Second, the people grandstanding that the "ice girls" is some kind of sexist attack on women is embarrassing lol. People are being offended that a woman outfit shows a midriff? Are you serious? Talk about unattractive women being jealous of men salivating over attractive women....I mean you might as well attack ALL cheerleaders/dance teams in ALL sports. Why single out the Sharks on this? And if you really wanted to attack sports on a more true sexist angle IMO, it probably should be a complaint that there are clearly unwritten rules on female reporters in sports who almost always are attractive. You really think Erin Andrews got her break because her sports knowledge and resume was superior to all others? There are probably a lot of unattractive women that actually have a ton of sports knowledge that never get a chance to be involved in sports media because they don't fit the sex object category enough.

Third, its odd to me so many mothers are saying (paraphrasing) " my daughter plays hockey but because of this she will now want to be a slut and sex object for men!" What?!? You think Ice Girls are the thing thats going to do that? Talk about a complete loss of perspective. I'm pretty sure your daughter is more likely to be influence by Miley Cyrus (or the next Disney pop star) then some chick cleaning the ice during commercial breaks.

To end this rant, this flap about ice girls will forever be tied to the Sharks franchise. Congratulations
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM ]
edit: double post
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM ]

so now we have:

Vlassic-Burns
Braun-Demers
Irwin-Hannah

and Tennyson or Mueller fighting to earn Hannah's spot
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

lol, holy s**t! Just saw this. I'm so not surprised that someSharks fans are butt hurt about this.

First, I kind of agree with "ice girls" being pointless. They won't sell tickets, and they don't add to the game experience. I feel the same way about cheerleaders too by the way. If you are at a sports game and you are excited about staring at some chick with midriff 200 feet away, you got problems. For one, there is going to be more attractive girls at any sports game within 20 feet of you. Anytime I've gone to a Sharks game, there are lot of cuties there.

Second, the people grandstanding that the "ice girls" is some kind of sexist attack on women is embarrassing lol. People are being offended that a woman outfit shows a midriff? Are you serious? Talk about unattractive women being jealous of men salivating over attractive women....I mean you might as well attack ALL cheerleaders/dance teams in ALL sports. Why single out the Sharks on this? And if you really wanted to attack sports on a more true sexist angle IMO, it probably should be a complaint that there are clearly unwritten rules on female reporters in sports who almost always are attractive. You really think Erin Andrews got her break because her sports knowledge and resume was superior to all others? There are probably a lot of unattractive women that actually have a ton of sports knowledge that never get a chance to be involved in sports media because they don't fit the sex object category enough.

Third, its odd to me so many mothers are saying (paraphrasing) " my daughter plays hockey but because of this she will now want to be a slut and sex object for men!" What?!? You think Ice Girls are the thing thats going to do that? Talk about a complete loss of perspective. I'm pretty sure your daughter is more likely to be influence by Miley Cyrus (or the next Disney pop star) then some chick cleaning the ice during commercial breaks.

To end this rant, this flap about ice girls will forever be tied to the Sharks franchise. Congratulations

100% agree

i think they're dumb, but seriously who gives a rip? people are more upset over this than the catastrophe of an offseason we're having between the lines.
this thread is boring (f**k you d wilson)

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

so now we have:

Vlassic-Burns
Braun-Demers
Irwin-Hannah

and Tennyson or Mueller fighting to earn Hannah's spot

That bottom pair concerns me. Irwin is still growing and had a nice year for basically being still a rookie, but he's not a quick player and Hannan doesn't exactly scream "speed" at you either.

Is that a sharks bra? My mind has been blown
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Is that a sharks bra? My mind has been blown

I will now inform my girlfriend she must purchase one of these immediately.