LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 197 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Was kind of hoping they'd sign Ryan Miller. He's gone to the Canucks now though.
stuart gone to avs

surprising considering i thought this was his last go around and he wanted to finish in SJ
Originally posted by ads_2006:
stuart gone to avs

surprising considering i thought this was his last go around and he wanted to finish in SJ

Wilson is definitely showing he's going younger all around. For Stuart's age, I'm shocked we got a 2nd in return.

Hopefully we can dump Niemi next
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
i hope we get christain errhoff back

prolly not though

Christian "hold my purse" Ehrsoft? Don't think DW would do that either.

erhoff did pretty well last year on a sorry sabers team (number show that I believe)

It's hard to tell how well he did defensively because the team was so bad, that's true. He's always been a pretty good contributor on offense, but I am not sure if he can be trusted to bring the grit we need. That's my only concern. I wouldn't hate bringing him back, but he'd need a good player to be paired with.

Us trading Stuart must indicate at least one of two things: 1) We have a lot of faith in Mueller being ready this season, or 2) They're going to try to sign a bigger name to upgrade our group. We have the room with Boyle and Havlat going away.

I know it's not until 2016, but a 2nd for Stuart is a bit of a steal really.
we signed thug enforcer John Scott (BUF). He really has no hockey value other than big hits and fighting. He's 6"8, 260
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we signed thug enforcer John Scott (BUF). He really has no hockey value other than big hits and fighting. He's 6"8, 260

Is this one of those 'Hanson Brothers' type of players? I know nothing about him but he's got good size to pummel guys.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Is this one of those 'Hanson Brothers' type of players? I know nothing about him but he's got good size to pummel guys.

idk, i loved what Mike Brown did for us in the playoffs.

but here is the link:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sharks-sign-tough-guy-john-scott
Sharks traded for McGinn...but not Jamie. We got his brother, Tye. Wish it were Jamie and am still not happy we traded him away in the first place.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Sharks traded for McGinn...but not Jamie. We got his brother, Tye. Wish it were Jamie and am still not happy we traded him away in the first place.

One of the worst trades in Wilson's era.

Aside from Havlat.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Aside from Havlat.

McGinn trade was way worse. Gave up a budding winger in his early 20's for Winnik and Galiardi. Both did nothing in Sharks uniforms.

At least Havlat-Heatley was a wash. That trade didn't work out for either side.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Garcia:

Aside from Havlat.

McGinn trade was way worse. Gave up a budding winger in his early 20's for Winnik and Galiardi. Both did nothing in Sharks uniforms.

At least Havlat-Heatley was a wash. That trade didn't work out for either side.

I can't disagree with you there.
Wilson has gone full retard with signing Scott, a 4th line enforcer

So much for letting the young guys get their chance

Brown, Scott, Kennedy, burish makin 5 million combined this year...

Tye looks to have some potential, but I'm not sure a 3rd is his true value.

Wilson has gone full retard with signing Scott, a 4th line enforcer

So much for letting the young guys get their chance

Brown, Scott, Kennedy, burish makin 5 million combined this year...

I don't understand either. Hamilton was dominating in the AHL and is ready to come up this year for significant time I thought. I'm sorry, but Kennedy or Burish need to get traded. Get us some more defensive competition, we have plenty in the farm right now on offense.
To add, we currently have $13,720,000 in cap space according to Capgeek.com.

I know some of that will go to the offers we made, but moving Havlat/Kennedy/Burish would give us PLENTY to make a legitimate move and get someone who could ACTUALLY help our team take the next step.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 3, 2014 at 9:14 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
To add, we currently have $13,720,000 in cap space according to Capgeek.com.

I know some of that will go to the offers we made, but moving Havlat/Kennedy/Burish would give us PLENTY to make a legitimate move and get someone who could ACTUALLY help our team take the next step.

agreed, Burish needs to go, he's trash
Share 49ersWebzone