There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
time to blow it all up.. start from scratch

agreed, Mclellan needs to go, Niemi and Boyle too

Also Havlat, Hannah, and Burish all suck
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Garcia:
The bruins lost 4 in a row after winning the first 3
Next season that won the cup

Got to stay positive

The bruins have went to the Stanley cup finals twice (I believe) since trading Thornton

Just Saying

Joe isnt the problem bud
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,714
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Joe isnt the problem bud

You're being ignorant.
He's the captain, he doesn't inspire the team or really lead in a way that wins in the playoffs.

I'm not so sure McClellan should be fired, I know I said I wanted him gone but I'm not sure it will happen anyway.

Although Him not making any adjustments on the power play after going 0-for in 2 games is inexcusable and 4 games with no adjustments is down right insanity.

I can justify firing the guy and i can justify not doing so.

I don't know whatever they do I just hope it works
Same old Sharks. Kill it in the regular season and fold in the playoffs.

Been happening for years.

Really frustrating.
Gotta hand it to the sharkies, they know how to go out in style!
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
12 playoff appearances in the last 13 seasons and no dice. Y'all should DEFINITELY be used to and immune to this.

Nobody was immune to losing a 3-0 lead lol

true, but looking at it from the outside (not a Sharks fan, don't really follow any specific hockey team) I sure as hell saw it coming. I had no expectation that SJ would win game 7. NONE.


Looking at it from the inside, I felt the same way. As soon as the Kings blew the doors open at the end of game 6 you could see defeat all over the Sharks faces. They were toast. I was actually surprised they scored first yesterday. Niemi kept them in that game for 2+ periods, but you could see the rest of the team deflate again after the refs gave LA a 5 on 3 with two very questionable calls.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Same old Sharks. Kill it in the regular season and fold in the playoffs.

Been happening for years.

Really frustrating.

i keep getting sucked in towards the end of every season
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Garcia:
The bruins lost 4 in a row after winning the first 3
Next season that won the cup

Got to stay positive

The bruins have went to the Stanley cup finals twice (I believe) since trading Thornton

Just Saying

Joe isnt the problem bud

"n 8 elimination games for San Jose, Thornton has 1 goal, is a -8, and has taken only 20 shots. San Jose has made it to the Conference Finals twice (2010 lost 4-0 to Chicago; 2011 lost 4-1 tp Vancouver)."

our best chance to reach the SCF was in 2004 without Jumbo (lost 4-2 Flames), then we got hit with the lockout the year after
Sorry guys.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,714
Originally posted by ads_2006:
"n 8 elimination games for San Jose, Thornton has 1 goal, is a -8, and has taken only 20 shots. San Jose has made it to the Conference Finals twice (2010 lost 4-0 to Chicago; 2011 lost 4-1 tp Vancouver)."

our best chance to reach the SCF was in 2004 without Jumbo (lost 4-2 Flames), then we got hit with the lockout the year after

I can't seen any circumstance in which he is a shark next year
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Garcia:
The bruins lost 4 in a row after winning the first 3
Next season that won the cup

Got to stay positive

The bruins have went to the Stanley cup finals twice (I believe) since trading Thornton

Just Saying

Joe isnt the problem bud

"n 8 elimination games for San Jose, Thornton has 1 goal, is a -8, and has taken only 20 shots. San Jose has made it to the Conference Finals twice (2010 lost 4-0 to Chicago; 2011 lost 4-1 tp Vancouver)."

our best chance to reach the SCF was in 2004 without Jumbo (lost 4-2 Flames), then we got hit with the lockout the year after

Further proof that he was the best penalty killer for the Kings. The whole series, he made errant pass after errant pass. On power plays, our guys take Joe's lead and instead of just throwing the puck at the net like a lot of other teams do, our guys pass over and over until they turn it over. There was a power play yesterday where the sharks only had two shots on goal. That is embarrassing, and unfortunately, Joe was a big part of that.

I like Thornton, and it would be sad to see him go. With that said, I liked Shaun Hill, but I also knew that he was not a championship QB.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Further proof that he was the best penalty killer for the Kings. The whole series, he made errant pass after errant pass. On power plays, our guys take Joe's lead and instead of just throwing the puck at the net like a lot of other teams do, our guys pass over and over until they turn it over. There was a power play yesterday where the sharks only had two shots on goal. That is embarrassing, and unfortunately, Joe was a big part of that.

I like Thornton, and it would be sad to see him go. With that said, I liked Shaun Hill, but I also knew that he was not a championship QB.

Thornton's passes came down like a punt.

Srsly tho, I put a lot of blame on Thornton for the PP failures. He's a marvelous player, but we've seen the lack of aggressive temperament from him for a long time, and it seeps to the rest of the team.

Your best, skilled players also have to be the tone-setters. All series long we saw Kopitar, Williams, Stoll, Brown, Doughty MAN UP and take charge of their team. Our best players, the guys we put our trust in to lead this team, wilted in the face of that challenge. Desjardins won't do it. Torres won't do it. Brown won't do it. Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, these guys have to step up.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 1, 2014 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Thornton's passes came down like a punt.

Srsly tho, I put a lot of blame on Thornton for the PP failures. He's a marvelous player, but we've seen the lack of aggressive temperament from him for a long time, and it seeps to the rest of the team.

Your best, skilled players also have to be the tone-setters. All series long we saw Kopitar, Williams, Stoll, Brown, Doughty MAN UP and take charge of their team. Our best players, the guys we put our trust in to lead this team, wilted in the face of that challenge. Desjardins won't do it. Torres won't do it. Brown won't do it. Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, these guys have to step up.

Completely agree with the bold. I was yelling at the TV everytime he touched the puck on the PP, as soon as he had the puck the PP just went dead.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
sharks will win the cup over bruins this year, calling it now. its time for marleau and thornton

I wonder how many shark fans are going to give up being fans when they blow this lead. I really don't think it will happen but mark my words I am going to be lmao if it does.

And that would be number 4.Did I call it or what now.I got the second part right now just wondering how many of you guys are done.Same old sharks great regular season s**t in the playoffs
I think I'm done.

Still into hockey, but I couldn't catch it anymore due to my work schedule.

But when playoffs roll around I'm still rooting for them, but won't think much of them