There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Yeah Greiss looks pretty good.

So if one had to guess what the lines would be on opening day.. ?

(Based on what I think the lines were yesterday from the scoring plays -- correct me if I'm wrong)

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Mitchell-Handzus-McGinn
Ferriero-Desjardins-Wingels

Murray-Boyle
Vlasic-Burns
White-Demers
Braun

Niemi-Greiss

that looks about right. i think mashinter will be up on the active roster on opening night unless havlat is ready to go. mcginn looks really really good when he's winging thornton or couture, he raises his game when he's on the upper lines.

i'm f**king stoked for opening night
if the giants and mma get a sticky, can we please get this stickied?
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
if the giants and mma get a sticky, can we please get this stickied?

It will be as soon as the season starts.
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Yeah Greiss looks pretty good.

So if one had to guess what the lines would be on opening day.. ?

(Based on what I think the lines were yesterday from the scoring plays -- correct me if I'm wrong)

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Mitchell-Handzus-McGinn
Ferriero-Desjardins-Wingels

Murray-Boyle
Vlasic-Burns
White-Demers
Braun

Niemi-Greiss

that looks about right. i think mashinter will be up on the active roster on opening night unless havlat is ready to go. mcginn looks really really good when he's winging thornton or couture, he raises his game when he's on the upper lines.

i'm f**king stoked for opening night

Did Havlat get hurt??
mccarthy, braun and ferriero to worchester

if i had to guess now

mcginn to the third line, fourth line of winchester, desjardins and wingels
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
mccarthy, braun and ferriero to worchester

if i had to guess now

mcginn to the third line, fourth line of winchester, desjardins and wingels

Winchester signed, so yeah: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=591000

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Mitchell-Handzus-McGinn
Winchester-Desjardins-Wingels

Murray-Boyle
Vlasic-Burns
White-Demers
Vandermeer

Niemi-Greiss


Spots still open if that is the roster: 2

Players on fringe: MacIntyre, McLaren, Andrew Murray, Mike Moore, Alex Stalock, Sateri.

Predictions of what'll happen: Nitty and Sheppard to IR. Murray and Stalock (for insurance at first) make the team. When Niemi is clearly healthy enough, Stalock goes back to Worcester.
i'd like to see us keep murray around, but I'd rather have wingels on the fourth line because of that scoring spark he brings.

f**k vandermeer, he's garbage
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
i'd like to see us keep murray around, but I'd rather have wingels on the fourth line because of that scoring spark he brings.

f**k vandermeer, he's garbage

highly disagree about vandermeer, hes a solid vet who brings toughness. hes no wallin or huskins, he was a high minus player last yr because he played on the worst team last yr in edmonton
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
highly disagree about vandermeer, hes a solid vet who brings toughness. hes no wallin or huskins, he was a high minus player last yr because he played on the worst team last yr in edmonton

i've seen him in every home game so far, dude doesn't know what he's doing at all. pickles had to practically horse collar him into position at one point on the penalty kill when our guys were down low forechecking. i've seen enough of whats going on with him when he's not in the play to tell me the dude is trash. he's got skill, but most players do. he's indecisive with the puck, doesn't know where he's supposed to be and is a liability because of those two things.

braun >>>> vandermeer
Moore and MacIntyre assigned to Worcester. Roster pretty much set. They should do better this year.

2011 WORCESTER SHARKS

Forwards:
Tony Lucia
James Marcou
Curt Gocol
Nathan Moon
Mike Connolly
James Livingston
Marek Viedensky
Brodie Reid
Brandon Mashinter
Ben Guite
Cam MacIntyre
Ryan Del Monte
Jimmy Bonneau

Defense:
Justin Braun
Sena Acolatse
Taylor Doherty
Matt Irwin
Nick Petrecki
Sean Sullivan
Matt Pelech
Mike Moore

Goalies:
Tyson Sexsmith
Thomas Heemskerk
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 5, 2011 at 12:19 PM ]
http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2011/team/_/name/san

Espn's preview on us.
i'm flying back from vegas tomorrow afternoon to catch the home opener #winning
wake me up in April




W wont be easy Saturday

Griess is starting, new lines especially the 3rd & 4th, pressure on the players to
One more day!! I'M PUMPED!!!!