There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Randy Hahn, please never leave:

Haha! Those are so classic. Gotta love Hahn and Remenda. The two best in the business.

And is that our very own Joe Thornton playing for Boston in the 1st video? Awesome.

I remember the 2nd vid like it was yesterday.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
If Boyle goes, I think they can use the savings to keep Marleau. Boyle's salary is huge -- 6.7 million. Havlat is making way too much. Get rid of Marty's 5 million, and use those savings too.

Boyles not going anywhere
Originally posted by Garcia:
If Boyle goes, I think they can use the savings to keep Marleau. Boyle's salary is huge -- 6.7 million. Havlat is making way too much. Get rid of Marty's 5 million, and use those savings too.

I hope you're right -- it's clear how much the team needs him. Our D prospects -- Mueller, Tennyson, Abelthsauser, Doherty, Demelo and Acolatse I don't think are ready yet.

I'm hopeful they can give him some sort of deal that doesn't kill us financially to where we can't keep some of our other pieces. Right now, there is almost no one I'd really want to get rid of aside from Havlat. We're playing well right now without Torres and Burish, and those guys are both signed for several more years.

The FA's after this season that we'll have to decide on are: Boyle, Thornton, Marleau, Wingels, Demers, Hannan, and Sheppard.
Originally posted by Garcia:

I hope you're right -- it's clear how much the team needs him. Our D prospects -- Mueller, Tennyson, Abelthsauser, Doherty, Demelo and Acolatse I don't think are ready yet.

I'm hopeful they can give him some sort of deal that doesn't kill us financially to where we can't keep some of our other pieces. Right now, there is almost no one I'd really want to get rid of aside from Havlat. We're playing well right now without Torres and Burish, and those guys are both signed for several more years.

The FA's after this season that we'll have to decide on are: Boyle, Thornton, Marleau, Wingels, Demers, Hannan, and Sheppard.

We need to bring back Thornton, Marleau, and Boyle first. The rest are replaceable. If we plan on being contenders the next few years, we have to keep the team leaders here. The first 3 are your captains. Theyll be essential to the chemistry. Even if you find equal talent replacements for Thornton and Marleau, and even if the price is reasonable, theres still that factor of chemistry and leadership. Thornton and Marleau have a combined 24 years of service with the team.

I just want the Sharks to take the rare opportunity to keep Marleau around until hes done playing. I hope they understand the importance of keeping the best player in franchise history for his full career.
WTF kind of call is that?!?! THAT IS HORSE __________!! WTF!??!

Demers gets cross-checked and then ATTACKED by Cogliano -- Demers drops glove, Cogliano drops gloves, WINNICK COMES OUT OF NOWHERE AND JUMPS ON TOP OF DEMERS and the refs decide..

DEMERS 4:00 for roughing!?? WHAT THE F?!? Winnick and Cogliano both get 2 for roughing!?!?
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM ]

Demers gets cross-checked and then ATTACKED by Cogliano -- Demers drops glove, Cogliano drops gloves, WINNICK COMES OUT OF NOWHERE AND JUMPS ON TOP OF DEMERS and the refs decide..

DEMERS 4:00 for roughing!?? WHAT THE F?!? Winnick and Cogliano both get 2 for roughing!?!?

Complete and utter b******t. Winnik should have been tossed. If Cogliano only gets 2 minutes, so should Demers.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Complete and utter b******t. Winnik should have been tossed. If Cogliano only gets 2 minutes, so should Demers.

AND THE F'ING DUCKS GET AN F'ING POWERPLAY!??! GOOD EFFING HEAVENS THIS IS ATROCIOUS. I have NEVER seen anything like that -- BLATANT disregard for the rules. WOW!!
PATTY
Great 2nd period. Sharks were outplaying them all along. Only a matter of time before we put a few in the net.
Sharks doing everything they can to give the game away

It should never have gotten to this point and now we have to hope they can win in the shootout.
WHEW. Glad they didn't blow it. First 5-game homestand sweep in franchise history? We'll take it.
Niiiiice.
WHEW. Glad they didn't blow it. First 5-game homestand sweep in franchise history? We'll take it.

I went last night with my Son. His first hockey game ever. I hadn't been since the Cow Palace days. (I live in Santa Rosa). Fun night! Back home at 1:00AM
cant wait to watch the game tommorrow! Lets crush the Leafs!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
cant wait to watch the game tommorrow! Lets crush the Leafs!

lol least intimidating team name ever.