There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

i'm calling it now

marleau-thornton-pavelski
clowe-couture-havlat
mitchell-handzus-mcginn
mashinter-desjardins-ferrieo


*bold denotes players on the bubble


i think we'll see a lot of wingels this season also as part of the worchester express
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
i'm calling it now

marleau-thornton-pavelski
clowe-couture-havlat
mitchell-handzus-mcginn
mashinter-desjardins-ferrieo


*bold denotes players on the bubble


i think we'll see a lot of wingels this season also as part of the worchester express

I agree. From limited action last year, the kid showed some really stinkin' good stick-handling ability. Looks like a high-energy player. With Mayers and Nichol gone, he'll get some PT.

I'm still wondering about Sheppard though.. we traded a pretty high pick for him to be sitting on the bench...
I consider myself a fair weather Sharks fan. Always difficult to follow closely with basketball season playing at the same time. Now that the NBA is at a lockout, maybe I can start watching the Sharks more.
Oh, and tracking all the "assignments" -- I'm trying to put them together to see who all is going to be on the Worcester roster this season that we should keep tabs on. So far, this is who has been placed in Worcester.

2011 WORCESTER SHARKS

Forwards:
Tony Lucia
James Marcou
Curt Gocol
Nathan Moon
Mike Connolly
James Livingston
Marek Viedensky
Brodie Reid
Brandon Mashinter

Defense:
Sena Acolatse
Taylor Doherty
Matt Irwin
Nick Petrecki

Goalies:
Tyson Sexsmith
Thomas Heemskerk

------------------

The bolded are the ones that I'm excited to track, just based on the long-term potential and/or ridiculous numbers they put up in other leagues last year.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

2011 WORCESTER SHARKS

Forwards:
Tony Lucia
James Marcou
Curt Gocol
Nathan Moon
Mike Connolly
James Livingston
Marek Viedensky
Brodie Reid
Brandon Mashinter
Ben Guite

Defense:
Sena Acolatse
Taylor Doherty
Matt Irwin
Nick Petrecki
Sean Sullivan
Matt Pelech

Goalies:
Tyson Sexsmith
Thomas Heemskerk

Updated list today. Getting close to a full team.
SHARKS! When does the season start! (novice fan here)
first game is october 8th

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
i'm calling it now

marleau-thornton-pavelski
clowe-couture-havlat
mitchell-handzus-mcginn
mashinter-desjardins-ferrieo


*bold denotes players on the bubble


i think we'll see a lot of wingels this season also as part of the worchester express

I agree. From limited action last year, the kid showed some really stinkin' good stick-handling ability. Looks like a high-energy player. With Mayers and Nichol gone, he'll get some PT.

I'm still wondering about Sheppard though.. we traded a pretty high pick for him to be sitting on the bench...

sheppard is still recovering from knee surgery. i want a scoring touch from the 3rd line and if wingles can bring that im all for him over mcginn
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
sheppard is still recovering from knee surgery. i want a scoring touch from the 3rd line and if wingles can bring that im all for him over mcginn

scoring touch would be nice, but i've noticed that mcginn has generally made better decisions with the puck when passing, especially in his own zone. i think that's the main reason i'd pick those four guys, they're the best decision makers of the bunch right now and won't be a huge liability in our own end.
i'm so eager for the game tonight that i'm working remotely at a coffee shop down the street from the tank.

only a week and a half until the season opener!!

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
i'm calling it now

marleau-thornton-pavelski
clowe-couture-havlat
mitchell-handzus-mcginn
mashinter-desjardins-ferrieo


*bold denotes players on the bubble


i think we'll see a lot of wingels this season also as part of the worchester express

I agree. From limited action last year, the kid showed some really stinkin' good stick-handling ability. Looks like a high-energy player. With Mayers and Nichol gone, he'll get some PT.

I'm still wondering about Sheppard though.. we traded a pretty high pick for him to be sitting on the bench...

sheppard is still recovering from knee surgery. i want a scoring touch from the 3rd line and if wingles can bring that im all for him over mcginn

So what's the plan? Will he go to IR at the start of the season?
wingels looked really good tonight.

the more i see of burns, the more i love that trade. the guy can flat out move the puck and is a great passer. he was also rock solid, shutting down a couple odd man rushes.

vandermeer is a piece of s**t. i don't know if you could see it on tv or not, but almost every shift for the first period murray, vlasic or demers were having to yell at him and get him in position and doing the right things. dude cannot be trusted with the puck in his own end.

i'm not as worried about niemi's injury, griess is playing brilliantly. the guys up front played great, but when griess was tested he answered the call.

murray is a f**king beast as always. one hit he laid in the canucks zone caused the dude's stick to snap and send the blade flying out to center ice.

good team win, i'm excited for when it counts.
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
wingels looked really good tonight.

the more i see of burns, the more i love that trade. the guy can flat out move the puck and is a great passer. he was also rock solid, shutting down a couple odd man rushes.

vandermeer is a piece of s**t. i don't know if you could see it on tv or not, but almost every shift for the first period murray, vlasic or demers were having to yell at him and get him in position and doing the right things. dude cannot be trusted with the puck in his own end.

i'm not as worried about niemi's injury, griess is playing brilliantly. the guys up front played great, but when griess was tested he answered the call.

murray is a f**king beast as always. one hit he laid in the canucks zone caused the dude's stick to snap and send the blade flying out to center ice.

good team win, i'm excited for when it counts.

Welp. The fact that Vandermeer is terrible makes the Colin White signing look better.

Looks like our D will be:

Murray-Boyle
Vlasic-Burns
White-Demers

With the primary back-up being Braun probably.
Yeah Greiss looks pretty good.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Yeah Greiss looks pretty good.

So if one had to guess what the lines would be on opening day.. ?

(Based on what I think the lines were yesterday from the scoring plays -- correct me if I'm wrong)

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Mitchell-Handzus-McGinn
Ferriero-Desjardins-Wingels

Murray-Boyle
Vlasic-Burns
White-Demers
Braun

Niemi-Greiss