LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by dmax:
we've finally got some grit/jam On the 3rd and 4th lines. I like the 2nd line of burns jumbo and the rookie...THIS COULD BE OUR YEAR

It would be nice if for once we could have all areas clicking for the most part. The past couple of years when we've fixed one gaping hole, another one seemed to open right up.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
new unis to be released tomorrow.

Sweet!
I love the Away uniforms. Home still looks good, and of course I still think the Black Armour ones look the best. These look legit. In general I'm excited for this season to get started and see how some of our new faces play.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
dont really care for them
Originally posted by Garcia:

I think we have to see them in action. The black and the away jerseys still look great. The home looks good/solid, but I would say I don't like it as much as the previous home jersey.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I think we have to see them in action. The black and the away jerseys still look great. The home looks good/solid, but I would say I don't like it as much as the previous home jersey.

home jerseys suck.... they do look like practice uni's... our Uni's didnt need a change not sure what they are thinking....

home jerseys suck.... they do look like practice uni's... our Uni's didnt need a change not sure what they are thinking....

I admit, that was sort of my first thought too, that they sort of look like practice uni's. I would agree they could be better, and maybe they'll change them again next year?

The only Sharks jersey I currently own is the 06-07 version.

the jerseys are just more simpler. I think there an improvement.
Goalie pad length rule change: www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=680812

Hopefully Niemi keeps the five hole closed. This rule hurts goalies like Nabokov a lot. Wonder if this new rule will overall help our team at all.
Was looking over our salary cap situation and had a thought.

Assuming we get rid of Havlat (5/mil per year right now), and then Boyle is not re-signed after this season, taking his 6.7 million salary off the books, I think we'll have enough to keep Thornton and Marleau, IF we wanted to. I think our rookies coming up will fill the spots we need on offense and defense, and we'll have the ability to resign our RFAs (Wingels, Demers, Sheppard, Stalock).

Forwards in the system that are close: Nieto, Hamilton, Tierney, Tarasov, Oleksuk, Stalberg

Defensemen in the system that are close: Tennyson, Albetshauser, Acolatse, Doherty, Demelo

The new uniforms suck. They just made them more bland.
How is HP Pavilion holding up? I know it's about 22 years old and it seems like that's the timetable that teams would be searching for new arenas/stadiums. Is there any threat of this happening to the Sharks?
Originally posted by Niners99:

If they changed them again, what would you guys want to see? A nice vintage look would be nice, to me.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

If they changed them again, what would you guys want to see? A nice vintage look would be nice, to me.

I liked the previous ones.

But if I had a preference a modern redesign of these.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
How is HP Pavilion holding up? I know it's about 22 years old and it seems like that's the timetable that teams would be searching for new arenas/stadiums. Is there any threat of this happening to the Sharks?

I have a 'friend' who works for the Sharks. She says their big thing is treating the stadium like you would a brand new car, keep it nice clean and shiny. I'm assuming that means the organizational feeling is they're content where they are.
Share 49ersWebzone