There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,633
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Sharks made some signings too. A little confused as to the reasoning behind bringing back Rob Davison. Never thought he was really anything special. Anyone think they're about to trade Demers or another defenseman? ...

Signings:

G Alex Stalock: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677579
F Matt Pelech: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677577
D Adam Comrie: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677579
D Rob Davison: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677578

The guy I'm intrigued by the most is Defenseman Adam Comrie. As a former 3rd-round pick, and based on the numbers he's putting up, the guy clearly has talent. He's still very young (22 years old) and there was clearly no drop-off from the ECHL to AHL when he moved up. He was one of the best players there and it'll be interesting to see if he's one of the semi-late bloomers that buds into an NHL contributor for us. That would bode well for a team that badly needs defensive depth in its prospect farm.

Stalock gonna take the back role.

and trading Havlat to anyone would be a good move. He has had back-to-back career worse years for us.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Sharks made some signings too. A little confused as to the reasoning behind bringing back Rob Davison. Never thought he was really anything special. Anyone think they're about to trade Demers or another defenseman? ...

Signings:

G Alex Stalock: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677579
F Matt Pelech: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677577
D Adam Comrie: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677579
D Rob Davison: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677578

The guy I'm intrigued by the most is Defenseman Adam Comrie. As a former 3rd-round pick, and based on the numbers he's putting up, the guy clearly has talent. He's still very young (22 years old) and there was clearly no drop-off from the ECHL to AHL when he moved up. He was one of the best players there and it'll be interesting to see if he's one of the semi-late bloomers that buds into an NHL contributor for us. That would bode well for a team that badly needs defensive depth in its prospect farm.

Stalock gonna take the back role.

and trading Havlat to anyone would be a good move. He has had back-to-back career worse years for us.

You're probably right. Would be really interesting if somehow Stalock was given a run for his money, but yeah I expect him to get the shot with the chance to prove he can be the successor we hoped for when he was setting rookie records in Worcester before he got hurt.

Would love it if we could move Havlat to New Jersey, or anywhere, for anything. Clear cap space, open a spot for a young guy who actually hasn't peaked and can stay healthy and contribute.. would be so many positives from that.
Not that it matters much -- since most of us still will call it the Shark Tank -- but I realized I skimmed over the arena being renamed from the HP Pavilion to the SAP Center. Hey, maybe now it'll show up in NHL14 instead of "Sharks Arena" due to licensing issues? Haha
Schedules released: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm
NICE! BIG extension for the Big Pavelski: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=679090&navid=nhl:topheads

5 years, $30 million going through 2018-19 season. So basically a 2 million dollar raise per year.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
NICE! BIG extension for the Big Pavelski: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=679090&navid=nhl:topheads

5 years, $30 million going through 2018-19 season. So basically a 2 million dollar raise per year.

not bad at all for Pavs, he deserves it
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,633
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
NICE! BIG extension for the Big Pavelski: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=679090&navid=nhl:topheads

5 years, $30 million going through 2018-19 season. So basically a 2 million dollar raise per year.

not bad at all for Pavs, he deserves it

Lock him up!
Now just trade Havlat, and the off-season is complete.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,633
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Now just trade Havlat, and the off-season is complete.

Logan and Pavs locked up? Now this i can fap to this!!!
Gomez goes to Florida for 1 yr, 900k. Hope he does well there, he helped us out more than some will give him credit for.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 31, 2013 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Gomez goes to Florida for 1 yr, 900k. Hope he does well there, he helped us out more than some will give him credit for.

He wasn't the scorer we wanted, but he was one hell of a passer.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
NICE! BIG extension for the Big Pavelski: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=679090&navid=nhl:topheads

5 years, $30 million going through 2018-19 season. So basically a 2 million dollar raise per year.

not bad at all for Pavs, he deserves it

Lock him up!


I like Pavs but guy was freaking awful in last years playoffs.

I know just looking at his stat line it looks good, but all 4 goals but really it was just Game 3 and Game 4 of the 1st round he played great in.
Forwards Bracken Kearns and Marek Viedesnky re-signed: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=679514

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=679516
Prospect Dan O'Regan looking good at the National Junior Evaluation Camp: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=679605