*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Doug Wilson makes it official that Brent Burns is a forward next season

resigned hannan for 1 million

signed kennedy for 2.3 mill for two years

ohh no no Ms. Hannah, he is so soft
Originally posted by Garcia:
All good moves

Agreed. Keep our defensive depth 8-deep with young guys in Worcester still developing.

Irwin-Boyle
Vlasic-Braun
Stuart-Hannan
Reserve: Tennyson, Demers

However, after signing Kennedy, we are already over the cap. Havlat is going to need to start the season on IR and/or we need to move somebody because we just don't have the cap space.
Also, other confirmed pieces of news:

San Jose Sharks @SanJoseSharks

Wilson: "Stalock and Sateri will come in to camp and compete for the secondary spot", behind Niemi.

San Jose Sharks @SanJoseSharks

#SJSharks management and @Burnzie88 decide to move forward at forward for next season. #88 will stay up front.
Tennyson will be sent down for cap purposes

Yes, but I believe they still need to make room because I think even with Tennyson down, that barely puts us at the cap, if Sateri is backing up Niemi. If Stalock is backing up Niemi and Sateri gets sent down, then we're over the cap again. Something's gotta give.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 5, 2013 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yes, but I believe they still need to make room because I think even with Tennyson down, that barely puts us at the cap, if Sateri is backing up Niemi. If Stalock is backing up Niemi and Sateri gets sent down, then we're over the cap again. Something's gotta give.

cap relief from havlat if he is placed on a certain IR. LTIR i believe

Does anybody know exactly how much cap relief it provides?

i think fearthefin reported it was around 1-2 million

i think fearthefin reported it was around 1-2 million

Hmm, it's enough, but would be nice to get that entire 5 million of relief when we get rid of Havlat. Seriously, I cannot see this team having Havlat on the roster anymore by the time the trade deadline rolls around -- at the LATEST.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM ]
Was checking to see what additional stuff I could find on Tyler Kennedy. Couple years old, but still some highlights:

Setoguchi got traded to the Winnipeg Jets for a 2nd rounder. I hope Seto helps them get to the playoffs.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Havlat needs to GTFO
I was looking at the Sharks rookie scrimmage article they had up yesterday. I think it'll be interesting to see how some of these guys perform in Worcester this year. Several guys that were added late last season were posting up really good numbers right away so it'll be fun to see if they can continue that.

If you click the link, it has details of all the players' performance and notes some of the guys that are participating as tryouts: http://sharks.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDF/20130710-sharks-prospect-scrimmage-handout.pdf -- This really gives us a nice snap-shot of our farm system right now.

TEAM TEAL
Forwards
#28 Tommy O'Regan
#50 Chris Tierney
#56 Brodie Reid
#60 Brian Ward
#67 Travis Oleksuk
#71 Daniil Tarasov
#72 Rylan Schwartz
#73 Chris Crane
#75 Freddie Hamilton
#78 Lane Scheidl
#79 Cody Ferriero
#84 Brant Harris
#87 Max Gaede

Defensemen
#41 Mirco Mueller
#47 Joakim Ryan
#51 Konrad Abeltshauser
#64 Isaac MacLeod
#70 Bigos, Kyle
#74 Dylan Demelo
#81 Adam Comrie

Goaltenders
#33 Fredrik Bergvik
#36 J.P. Anderson

TEAM WHITE
Forwards
#40 Sebastian Stalberg
#45 Gabryel Boudreau
#48 Tomas Hertl
#55 Petter Emanuelsson
#58 Jake Jackson
#63 James Livingston
#65 Daniel O'Regan
#68 Reed Seckel
#76 Eriah Hayes
#82 Christophe Lalancette
#83 Matthew Nieto
#85 Curt Gogol
#86 Sean Kuraly

Defensemen
#49 Clifford Watson
#53 Gage Ausmus
#59 Zach Palmquist
#62 Sena Acolatse
#77 Taylor Doherty
#80 Matt Tennyson

Goaltenders

#30 Steve Racine
#34 Troy Grosenick
Sharks made some signings too. A little confused as to the reasoning behind bringing back Rob Davison. Never thought he was really anything special. Anyone think they're about to trade Demers or another defenseman? ...

Signings:

G Alex Stalock: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677579
F Matt Pelech: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677577
D Adam Comrie: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677579
D Rob Davison: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677578

The guy I'm intrigued by the most is Defenseman Adam Comrie. As a former 3rd-round pick, and based on the numbers he's putting up, the guy clearly has talent. He's still very young (22 years old) and there was clearly no drop-off from the ECHL to AHL when he moved up. He was one of the best players there and it'll be interesting to see if he's one of the semi-late bloomers that buds into an NHL contributor for us. That would bode well for a team that badly needs defensive depth in its prospect farm.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 11, 2013 at 8:10 AM ]
trade havlat to devils
Share 49ersWebzone