There are 192 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Can't believe I'm reading that this was a choke job lol. The only game that would qualify as a choke is game 2. These playoffs were nothing like years past IMO. If Torres and Havlat are on the ice it's a different series.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on May 29, 2013 at 6:29 AM ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Can't believe I'm reading that this was a choke job lol. The only game that would qualify as a choke is game 2. These playoffs were nothing like years past IMO. If Torres and Havlat are on the ice it's a different series.

that GM 2 was disgusting though, 2 goals in the final 1:30
no goals in the series from the 3rd or 4th line
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

I agree. Losing Torres really hurt the Sharks
No way they choked. This was a seriously hard fought series by both teams and goals were at a premium due to very good goaltending and defensive pressure.

I am disappointed with the outcome, but not with how the Sharks played. They battled, just came up a tad short to a very solid team.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
No way they choked. This was a seriously hard fought series by both teams and goals were at a premium due to very good goaltending and defensive pressure.

I am disappointed with the outcome, but not with how the Sharks played. They battled, just came up a tad short to a very solid team.

although our 3rd and 4th lines I feel were better, they just didnt produce a goal, same story, different year.

Anyone else think that Burns penalty was a joke?
Originally posted by Garcia:

although our 3rd and 4th lines I feel were better, they just didnt produce a goal, same story, different year.

Anyone else think that Burns penalty was a joke?

Yep. That kind of hit happens play after play but doesn't get called. Sucks but it is what it is.

Between the A's last year, niners in the Super Bowl, and this series for the sharks I am burnt out as a fan.

I'm actually looking forward to the dog days of summer.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
No this series changed in game 2 and those final minutes. Horrible officiating combined with a Sharks Meltdown.

How can you say horrible officiating when the favor was repaid the very next game and in game 4 they waved off a goal that would have tied it. Unbelievable. Main reason I can't root for the Sharks, their fans complain when they get a call against them and complain when they don't get a call for them. Everything is always traced back to the refs.

Yeah, that is a trait only Sharks fans have, lol. Come on, every fan base does that.

wonder if he is even a 49ers fan anymore.

You know, since hella 49er fans complained about the officials in SB

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Choke or no choke. I think the window to win a cup with Thornton, Boyle and Marleau has closed. Time to get some picks for these three before it's too late.
[ Edited by Hopper on May 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Choke or no choke. I think the window to win a cup with Thornton, Boyle and Marleau has closed. Time to get some picks for these three before it's too late.

what team, who has the #1 pick would want an aging veteran like thornton? what good would he do for a team that is rebuilding?

that should blow that shark tank into smithereens

what team, who has the #1 pick would want an aging veteran like thornton? what good would he do for a team that is rebuilding?

I could see Winnipeg giving up thier first rounder for Thornton. New franchise, on the cusp of playoffs, would love to get in playoffs and generate some energy about their franchise, maybe attract other free agents. They have Blake Wheeler and Evander Kane to pair up with Thornton.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

You make it sound like he's a washed up scrub. Someone would take him.

You make it sound like he's a washed up scrub. Someone would take him.

He had a good run against the Kings.

He prolly has another year left, but I would trade him if the right deal came along (i.e. not like iginla deal).
Thornton, Marleau, and Boyle I believe have one final year left, and that's it. The first two in particular have been great over a long time for the Sharks. I think with the influx of new talent -- we've got some big-time prospects coming up -- we can be like the Kings and make some big runs continuing on in the future.

Players in particular to keep watching are forwards Matt Nieto, Thomas Hertl, and Freddie Hamilton, and defenseman Konrad Abeltshauser, Matt Tennyson, and Sena Acolatse. These six have reportedly been opening eyes very wide as far as players who either will be on the roster next season, or sometime shortly after.

Abeltshauser has insane size and great skating, but the only question is if he is as talented as his numbers indicate, or did he simply benefit from other great prospects around him. I think it's somewhere in the middle, but closer to the fact that he's just a very talented player.

Nieto reportedly looked like he was a man among boys in his AHL action, apparently being one of the players that no one seemingly could catch because of his speed.

Hertl dominated his competition and reportedly made teams look helpless everywhere. It was said that the only resistance really put up against him at all was in the World Juniors, where he still did very well. Hertl has drawn comparisons to Couture when referring to his expected rise to stardom as he looks close to joining the NHL.
Share 49ersWebzone