LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by jrg:

Deal with it. 1:33 for those who don't want to watch it all. :)
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Haha, I'm just giving the guys s**t who gave did the same.

But in the end, we both lost to the damn Kings
Sharks, the definition of Failure.
Originally posted by jrg:
Haha, I'm just giving the guys s**t who gave did the same.

But in the end, we both lost to the damn Kings

What .. no comment on one of the greatest Game 7 OT goals in the history of the game. I remember watching that game. My buddy was a huge Wings and Steve Y fan. Went nuts when he ripped that thing.
Can't believe all the talk I'm hearing about people wanting to dump Marleau. The guy was a huge reason they even went to round 2.

The difference in this series was not the stars "melting down" it was the fact that the sharks didn't match the kings depth in scoring.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Thornton really screwed the pooch in game 7. non-existent. you can say the same thing about the first two lines...
Got to give Quick a lot of credit, he was in position to make some saves and did. We couldn't capitalize on several high quality chances.

That being said, I think this was the last year of Thornton as our Captain. Pretty clear this is Couture's team now.

Not sure what you do in terms of offseason moves. Thornton, Marleau and Boyle all have huge cap numbers. Not sure if getting rid of them is the right answer but I think they need diminished roles at least Thornton and Marleau.
[ Edited by Garcia on May 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM ]
If you guys dont want thornton anymore, i would gladly take him in a Kings uniform. We could really use a guy like thornton. Guy was your bet player in this series. Period. End of discussion. Marleau was also good for you guys this series. You guys lost to a good battle tested team. Nothing to be ashamed of and definately not something to call for the blowing up of your roster. And for all the couture love, he sure didnt come as advertised. LOL coutures team. IMO he is soft. Anyways, it was a great series. I hope we see each other again next season. I really wanted the ducks to fuel the rivalry, but this turned out a good series.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
If you guys dont want thornton anymore, i would gladly take him in a Kings uniform. We could really use a guy like thornton. Guy was your bet player in this series. Period. End of discussion. Marleau was also good for you guys this series. You guys lost to a good battle tested team. Nothing to be ashamed of and definately not something to call for the blowing up of your roster. And for all the couture love, he sure didnt come as advertised. LOL coutures team. IMO he is soft. Anyways, it was a great series. I hope we see each other again next season. I really wanted the ducks to fuel the rivalry, but this turned out a good series.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Sharks, the definition of Failure.

lol....i feel your pain
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
No this series changed in game 2 and those final minutes. Horrible officiating combined with a Sharks Meltdown.

How can you say horrible officiating when the favor was repaid the very next game and in game 4 they waved off a goal that would have tied it. Unbelievable. Main reason I can't root for the Sharks, their fans complain when they get a call against them and complain when they don't get a call for them. Everything is always traced back to the refs.

Yeah, that is a trait only Sharks fans have, lol. Come on, every fan base does that.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Nity Nite Charks. See you next season... can't wait to be teased all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are no excuses (PERIOD)... they're just the biggest choke artists with the best fanbase (EVER) of all sports!
[ Edited by LVJay on May 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:

It was fun man. Youll be back next season, and with a few changes maybe it will be your year. Dont forget, we kings fans were once in your guys shoes. Do you have any idea how hard it was to watch the f**king disney ducks hoist the trophy before the kings?
  • Garce
  • Veteran

It was fun man. Youll be back next season, and with a few changes maybe it will be your year. Dont forget, we kings fans were once in your guys shoes. Do you have any idea how hard it was to watch the f**king disney ducks hoist the trophy before the kings?

quick is amazing.

quick is amazing.

Yep. And whats even crazier i we have Bernier as backup, who is by far the best backup in the league, and would be an upgrade to net for 80% of the league. Rumor has it a team back east offered u a king ransom before the deadline, but we held off because quick struggled durring the regular season, while he recovered from the surgery. Bernier was actually better than quick through most of the regular season, but quick got healthy and gain his agility back at the right time and is rocking now. Bernier will get us something nice in a trade this offseason. Would love to keep him, but he deserves to be a starter somewhere, and we need some help in certain areas on the bench.

What really helped us against you guys though was getting Greene back. He was a huge boost in game 5 and 7. Without him coming back healthy i think you guys take the series. He just really changed the tone for us in our own zone and allowed us to adjust our D lines to get the most out of each line.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on May 29, 2013 at 12:41 AM ]
Meh what else is new, another sharks choke job, can't say I'm surprised.
Share 49ersWebzone