There are 357 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,408
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So in other news..... http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671437&navid=nhl:topheads

Demers finally skating on the forwards line! Maybe he plays there instead of Kennedy? He is bigger (6-1 200 vs. 5-10 175) and more of a puck-mover.

love that idea, we don't really need D help. our D is solid
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So in other news..... http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671437&navid=nhl:topheads

Demers finally skating on the forwards line! Maybe he plays there instead of Kennedy? He is bigger (6-1 200 vs. 5-10 175) and more of a puck-mover.

lol wont play lol
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,408
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lol wont play lol

yeah he will... per his twitter.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Did you not watch the brown play? he was cross checked on the ground 4 or 5 times, got up then got cross checked again, thats when he finally got the call. He was also bloody, and if im not mistaken, blood /= a two minute minor.

You also ignore plays like gomez elbow. Several hits or Quick etc. But im over it. I was never really angry about anything to begin with like you obviously are. I complained about the consistancy, and i still beleive it has been horrible. Congrats. You guys won. On to game 4.

And yes, you grandstanded on torres. Thats why your club just got 100,000 fine. It was you guys crying and whining about the torres hit, Not the other way around.
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/5/19/4345940/raffi-torres-suspension-sharks-fined

Anyone watching that hit without a biased eye can see that it was 90% head. I understand you dont see it that way, and thats fine, but obviously the league felt the same way. And LOL at blameing stoll. Thats typical of someone that knows they are guilty. Blame the victim. You Sound like Thornton. Torres, or anyone else would have got to games for that hit, but since torres has a history, he got the series. He wasnt suspended simply because of his rep, but his rep did effect the durration of the suspension.

Again its pretty comical to see fans in such an uproar through two games of hockey, who have the third "go their way" attempt to condemn the opposing teams players for having complaints, when their own club did nothing but complain non stop for the first two games. When one mandatory gets called on you its "we got screwed" But when the same mandatory got called on us in game three, its not even mentioned. It doesnt matter when it occurs in game. Its a mandatory. But then when its open season on Quick all game long, but there are no calls, and then there is a justified call for you guys at the end of the game, and people bring up consistancy its "well thats payback for game two" or "well quick deserved it".


What video would you like me to post?

Obviously some of you have an inability to read my posts. The first thing i said (after congratulating you guys on the win) was that it was a valid call.
Not angry at all. Jut find it amusing that you'd ignore Quick tripping a guy behind the net...then shriek when he gets a love tap as payback. That's called hockey.

As for the Brown hit(s) yes... We deserved to be penalized, and we were. Stop crying.

Stoll got hit in the shoulder. Head contact was incidental. Watch it frame by frame. Carter got away with the SAME THING. It was not a suspension worthy hit. Wilson stated an opinion, and got fined. At least he didn't whine to the league office RIGHT AFTER THE GAME. He stated his opinion out loud, (and correctly IMO) that Torres was attempting to go through the body, gliding, did not leave his feet, and made initial contact with the shoulder. You'll note that his comment came after Carter did essentially the same thing, with no league repercussions at all.

The comical part of this exchange is your insistence that your team is getting screwed. Believe whatever you like, but don't expect a Sharks fan to agree with you. Especially when your posts have a supremely adversarial tone. Just sayin'.

Please show me anywhere that i have once said we have gotten screwed? anywhere. I have not once claimed we were screwed. I have not once claimed that the calls were not justified. You can twist things in your mind all you want. It doesn't make them so. Reading is fundimental. All i have commented on is consistancy of the refs. And i have had no adversarial tone. You guys are the ones pissing on the fire hydrants.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lol wont play lol

yeah he will... per his twitter.

Did it say he would be on the ice tomorrow night? If so, I think that could be a boost. We'll see -- if he does play. Kennedy, despite being small actually does a good job battling on the boards. Demers is solid too, but he does bring a few things Kennedy lacks in size, hitting, right handed shot, potential to make game-saving plays on defense (although when on D, I give Demers a hard time for making some terrible bone-head giveaways way too often for my liking), but he also provides depth on defense if someone in the top 3 pairs gets hurt during the game.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,408
Originally posted by Garcia:
demers going

"I feel good and I'm ready to go...I'm chomping at the bit to play." - @JasonDemers5 says he's ready for action....

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did it say he would be on the ice tomorrow night? If so, I think that could be a boost. We'll see -- if he does play. Kennedy, despite being small actually does a good job battling on the boards. Demers is solid too, but he does bring a few things Kennedy lacks in size, hitting, right handed shot, potential to make game-saving plays on defense (although when on D, I give Demers a hard time for making some terrible bone-head giveaways way too often for my liking), but he also provides depth on defense if someone in the top 3 pairs gets hurt during the game.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Garcia:
demers going

"I feel good and I'm ready to go...I'm chomping at the bit to play." - @JasonDemers5 says he's ready for action....

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did it say he would be on the ice tomorrow night? If so, I think that could be a boost. We'll see -- if he does play. Kennedy, despite being small actually does a good job battling on the boards. Demers is solid too, but he does bring a few things Kennedy lacks in size, hitting, right handed shot, potential to make game-saving plays on defense (although when on D, I give Demers a hard time for making some terrible bone-head giveaways way too often for my liking), but he also provides depth on defense if someone in the top 3 pairs gets hurt during the game.

From what I heard, he was ready at game three but he was waiting for the coaches to say they needed him. I'm not sure that confirms he's in the line-up. I think that just means he's good to go if they want/need him.

Personally, I would like to see him play, but will trust the coaches on that call.
GM 4 is a must win guys
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
GM 4 is a must win guys

Yup. Being down 3-1 makes it a much, much different series than 2-2. Still extremely pissed we basically gave Game 2 away.

Does anyone have a link where I can live stream the game tonight?
BEAT LA, BEAT LA !!!1

Lets go SHARKS !!!!
Let's tie the series tonight boys!!!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,408
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
From what I heard, he was ready at game three but he was waiting for the coaches to say they needed him. I'm not sure that confirms he's in the line-up. I think that just means he's good to go if they want/need him.

Personally, I would like to see him play, but will trust the coaches on that call.

anything is better than kennedy/whoever else minor leaguer they have
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let's tie the series tonight boys!!!

BEAT LA!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,408
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
GM 4 is a must win guys

I'll say the same thing I did in the Giants thread vs. the Cardinals in the NLCS.
THIS IS NOT A MUST WIN.

Anything can happen.

With that being said, I think we win tonight. Lets tie this bish up.
Winner of tonight will win the series. BOOK IT.