There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
McLellan says it's "very doubtful" Havlat plays the next game. I doubt he plays for the rest of the series. I wish we would utilize Demers on offense, but it seems we're not going to use him unless we need a defenseman.

wouldnt be surprised to see burish at some point.

also we are assuming demers is healthy. idk if he is most of the reports i saw was "if needed he will return" types.
"I find it very tough to believe that a player as intelligent as Trevor would run the goalie," winger Dustin Penner said. "I asked him and he said he was pushed from behind. I believe him. I'm disappointed in the refs that they could make a gutsy call like that in the last 30 seconds of a period. It's pretty impressive when you have enough gall to guess. I'm going to look at the tape and see if he got pushed because I know what it is like to drive the net."

-Dustin Penner
Originally posted by ads_2006:
"I find it very tough to believe that a player as intelligent as Trevor would run the goalie," winger Dustin Penner said. "I asked him and he said he was pushed from behind. I believe him. I'm disappointed in the refs that they could make a gutsy call like that in the last 30 seconds of a period. It's pretty impressive when you have enough gall to guess. I'm going to look at the tape and see if he got pushed because I know what it is like to drive the net."

-Dustin Penner

Im not gonna dispute the call. I think it was fine. Both late calls were valid. what is questionable is there is no consistancy with the calls, and that is a bit frusterateing. You had no calls on burns and thornton earlier in the game, and then to call one that late is inconsistant with the no calls earlier. But in the end it was a valid call. Just inconsistant with the rest of the no calls.

Quick was pissed at the end of the game and got two misconducts. Him being pissed is justified imo. If you watched the blues series, it was open season on quick all series long. And it has been that way a bit this series, although to a lesser extent. The refs have allowed a ton of hits and aggitating on him all post season, give him earfuls when he defends himself, and then they call that at the end of the game, i would be pissed as well.

You got guys like Kelly Chase suggesting that the Sharks need to take a run at Quick the way Geof Courtnall did to Storr.

Then you have guys like LaBrun saying that the 5 on 3 in game two "didnt feel right" but the 5 on 3 in game three its somehow justice?

Regardless its pretty funny hearing sharks fans talk about kings fans or players complaining about officiating...
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on May 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM ]
dupe
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on May 19, 2013 at 1:42 AM ]
Havlat is a bust
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Im not gonna dispute the call. I think it was fine. Both late calls were valid. what is questionable is there is no consistancy with the calls, and that is a bit frusterateing. You had no calls on burns and thornton earlier in the game, and then to call one that late is inconsistant with the no calls earlier. But in the end it was a valid call. Just inconsistant with the rest of the no calls.

Quick was pissed at the end of the game and got two misconducts. Him being pissed is justified imo. If you watched the blues series, it was open season on quick all series long. And it has been that way a bit this series, although to a lesser extent. The refs have allowed a ton of hits and aggitating on him all post season, give him earfuls when he defends himself, and then they call that at the end of the game, i would be pissed as well.

You got guys like Kelly Chase suggesting that the Sharks need to take a run at Quick the way Geof Courtnall did to Storr.

Then you have guys like LaBrun saying that the 5 on 3 in game two "didnt feel right" but the 5 on 3 in game three its somehow justice?

Regardless its pretty funny hearing sharks fans talk about kings fans or players complaining about officiating...

ROFL.

I was at the game. Quick has some stones to be whining. He got away with a trip behind the net...bush league b******t, IMO.

Our 5 on 3 came from a HORRIBLE delay call. Yesterday's came from a legit penalty. Watch it frame by frame. You'll see it.

Add to that the fact that your GM and Coach grandstanded to get one of our forwards suspended for THE SAME HIT that Carter the d-bag got away with, and it's obvious that the Kings should shut up and thank their lucky stars that they're up 2-1.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Im not gonna dispute the call. I think it was fine. Both late calls were valid. what is questionable is there is no consistancy with the calls, and that is a bit frusterateing. You had no calls on burns and thornton earlier in the game, and then to call one that late is inconsistant with the no calls earlier. But in the end it was a valid call. Just inconsistant with the rest of the no calls.

Quick was pissed at the end of the game and got two misconducts. Him being pissed is justified imo. If you watched the blues series, it was open season on quick all series long. And it has been that way a bit this series, although to a lesser extent. The refs have allowed a ton of hits and aggitating on him all post season, give him earfuls when he defends himself, and then they call that at the end of the game, i would be pissed as well.

You got guys like Kelly Chase suggesting that the Sharks need to take a run at Quick the way Geof Courtnall did to Storr.

Then you have guys like LaBrun saying that the 5 on 3 in game two "didnt feel right" but the 5 on 3 in game three its somehow justice?

Regardless its pretty funny hearing sharks fans talk about kings fans or players complaining about officiating...

ROFL.

I was at the game. Quick has some stones to be whining. He got away with a trip behind the net...bush league b******t, IMO.

Our 5 on 3 came from a HORRIBLE delay call. Yesterday's came from a legit penalty. Watch it frame by frame. You'll see it.

Add to that the fact that your GM and Coach grandstanded to get one of our forwards suspended for THE SAME HIT that Carter the d-bag got away with, and it's obvious that the Kings should shut up and thank their lucky stars that they're up 2-1.

Couldn't agree more. The only reason Torres was suspended is because of his reputation. The first two games of this series, the Kings got super lucky and the puck bounced in their favor. For one game, the Sharks finally got some of the luck.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Im not gonna dispute the call. I think it was fine. Both late calls were valid. what is questionable is there is no consistancy with the calls, and that is a bit frusterateing. You had no calls on burns and thornton earlier in the game, and then to call one that late is inconsistant with the no calls earlier. But in the end it was a valid call. Just inconsistant with the rest of the no calls.

Quick was pissed at the end of the game and got two misconducts. Him being pissed is justified imo. If you watched the blues series, it was open season on quick all series long. And it has been that way a bit this series, although to a lesser extent. The refs have allowed a ton of hits and aggitating on him all post season, give him earfuls when he defends himself, and then they call that at the end of the game, i would be pissed as well.

You got guys like Kelly Chase suggesting that the Sharks need to take a run at Quick the way Geof Courtnall did to Storr.

Then you have guys like LaBrun saying that the 5 on 3 in game two "didnt feel right" but the 5 on 3 in game three its somehow justice?

Regardless its pretty funny hearing sharks fans talk about kings fans or players complaining about officiating...

ROFL.

I was at the game. Quick has some stones to be whining. He got away with a trip behind the net...bush league b******t, IMO.

Our 5 on 3 came from a HORRIBLE delay call. Yesterday's came from a legit penalty. Watch it frame by frame. You'll see it.

Add to that the fact that your GM and Coach grandstanded to get one of our forwards suspended for THE SAME HIT that Carter the d-bag got away with, and it's obvious that the Kings should shut up and thank their lucky stars that they're up 2-1.

Couldn't agree more. The only reason Torres was suspended is because of his reputation. The first two games of this series, the Kings got super lucky and the puck bounced in their favor. For one game, the Sharks finally got some of the luck.

Our GM and Coach grandstanded to get Torres suspended? LOL. Such a joke. Noone needed to grandstand or say a thing about Torres. Its Torres. Your GM and Coaches were the ones grandstanding attempting to prevent it. Not the other way around.

Your 5 on 3 did not come from a horrible call. It came from a mandatory call. Same mandatory call that Muzzin got early last night.

Your very predictable though. Completely dodge the premise of my arguement. Of course you guys are the victims and the league has it out for you.

Im sure you missed the no call where quick got rocked in the mask? The Gomez elbow which started the scrum? How many f**king cross checks did it take on brown for them to finally make the call? No consistancy what so ever.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on May 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
"I find it very tough to believe that a player as intelligent as Trevor would run the goalie," winger Dustin Penner said. "I asked him and he said he was pushed from behind. I believe him. I'm disappointed in the refs that they could make a gutsy call like that in the last 30 seconds of a period. It's pretty impressive when you have enough gall to guess. I'm going to look at the tape and see if he got pushed because I know what it is like to drive the net."

-Dustin Penner

He was going full speed towards Niemi's face and watching the replay over and over, I don't see how he would've avoided hitting Niemi in some fashion even if he tried to change direction at the last second. Trying to be fair on this one but the sheer force of Lewis' hit on Niemi and his path to the goaltender tells me it was a valid call. If Marleau made contact, it was incredibly minimal and in my opinion nowhere near enough to consider the contact incidental.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He was going full speed towards Niemi's face and watching the replay over and over, I don't see how he would've avoided hitting Niemi in some fashion even if he tried to change direction at the last second. Trying to be fair on this one but the sheer force of Lewis' hit on Niemi and his path to the goaltender tells me it was a valid call. If Marleau made contact, it was incredibly minimal and in my opinion nowhere near enough to consider the contact incidental.

I thought lewis could have skated in front of niemi (behind boyle).

Marleau did not cross check him in the back causing him to crash forward, which is typically what happens on those plays.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Our GM and Coach grandstanded to get Torres suspended? LOL. Such a joke. Noone needed to grandstand or say a thing about Torres. Its Torres. Your GM and Coaches were the ones grandstanding attempting to prevent it. Not the other way around.

Your 5 on 3 did not come from a horrible call. It came from a mandatory call. Same mandatory call that Muzzin got early last night.

Your very predictable though. Completely dodge the premise of my arguement. Of course you guys are the victims and the league has it out for you.

Im sure you missed the no call where quick got rocked in the mask? The Gomez elbow which started the scrum? How many f**king cross checks did it take on brown for them to finally make the call? No consistancy what so ever.

WTF? You got the f**king call for the cross check Brown. What are you whining about that for?

Quick took it to the mask AFTER he got away with a trip behind the net. He should have been checked...so take the love tap he got as a gift and move on.

We grandstanded on Torres? What a f**king joke. Did our GM have a whiny mcb***hfest in the tunnel with league officials after the game? No. Is the head the principal point of contact on the hit going frame by frame? No. Did Stoll break the #1 rule in hockey when he dropped his head and bent to play the puck with his hand? Yes.

Regardless, a player was suspended for reputation on a hit that wouldn't earn ANYONE ELSE IN THE f**kING NHL a series long suspension. Carter has gotten away with far more this series. Funny that you talk about even application of the rules.
[ Edited by Legbreaker on May 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Our GM and Coach grandstanded to get Torres suspended? LOL. Such a joke. Noone needed to grandstand or say a thing about Torres. Its Torres. Your GM and Coaches were the ones grandstanding attempting to prevent it. Not the other way around.

Your 5 on 3 did not come from a horrible call. It came from a mandatory call. Same mandatory call that Muzzin got early last night.

Your very predictable though. Completely dodge the premise of my arguement. Of course you guys are the victims and the league has it out for you.

Im sure you missed the no call where quick got rocked in the mask? The Gomez elbow which started the scrum? How many f**king cross checks did it take on brown for them to finally make the call? No consistancy what so ever.

WTF? You got the f**king call for the cross check Brown. What are you whining about that for?

Quick took it to the mask AFTER he got away with a trip behind the net. He should have been checked...so take the love tap he got as a gift and move on.

We grandstanded on Torres? What a f**king joke. Did our GM have a whiny mcb***hfest in the tunnel with league officials after the game? No. Is the head the principal point of contact on the hit going frame by frame? No. Did Stoll break the #1 rule in hockey when he dropped his head and bent to play the puck with his hand? Yes.

Regardless, a player was suspended for reputation on a hit that wouldn't earn ANYONE ELSE IN THE f**kING NHL a series long suspension. Carter has gotten away with far more this series. Funny that you talk about even application of the rules.

Where's idahos vid..he was so quick to post a vid about Torres


trying to figure out how the shooter fell lol
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,844
Originally posted by ads_2006:


trying to figure out how the shooter fell lol

f*ggot should be suspended IMO
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by ads_2006:


trying to figure out how the shooter fell lol

f*ggot should be suspended IMO

had it been torres or cooke they would have been imo