There are 222 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by ads_2006:
sheppard gonna beast next year when he is 100%

Dunno if he'll beast, but since the second half of the season, Sheppy has been very, very solid. LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than Burish that's for sure. The dude should stay and Burish needs to go.

Alain Vignault looks INCREDIBLY dumb for starting Schneider over Luongo tonight. There literally was no reason other than the shot in the dark hope that a change-up would create some sort of sudden momentum for the team. It didn't. Not in the right direction anyway.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 5, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
sheppard gonna beast next year when he is 100%

Dunno if he'll beast, but since the second half of the season, Sheppy has been very, very solid. LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than Burish that's for sure. The dude should stay and Burish needs to go.

Alain Vignault looks INCREDIBLY dumb for starting Schneider over Luongo tonight. There literally was no reason other than the shot in the dark hope that a change-up would create some sort of sudden momentum for the team. It didn't. Not in the right direction anyway.

really solid, has some offensive touch, has speed. Almost broke one tonight if it werent for burish

liked him at the end of the game, when Bieksa, had a running start, threw his elbow at sheppard. What did sheppard do? Nothing. Simply skated away and didn't try to retaliate towards bieksa...there was no point.

imagine if clowe was on this team, he most likely would have taken a couple penalties tonight
3-0 SHARKS!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Dunno how well you guys could tell from watching on the TV but pickles was having a beast of a game defending. From intercepting pucks, battling on the boards and just being physical overall. He is a lot stronger than what he used to be. Throat is still scratchy from all the cheering. I'm hoping to get game 4 tickets as well.
schhhnarkies!
I'll be at game 4 where we go for the sweep! The Tank will absolutely be electric on Tuesday! Go Sharks!!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I'll be at game 4 where we go for the sweep! The Tank will absolutely be electric on Tuesday! Go Sharks!!!

i thought the oracle was noisy.. but damn.. HP seems pretty damn loud on TV.. i'd love to watch a playoff game
Originally posted by NickV:
Dunno how well you guys could tell from watching on the TV but pickles was having a beast of a game defending. From intercepting pucks, battling on the boards and just being physical overall. He is a lot stronger than what he used to be. Throat is still scratchy from all the cheering. I'm hoping to get game 4 tickets as well.

You could absolutely tell. For my money, he was by far and away the best Sharks D-man last night, even though I thought many of them had very nice games.

He is so solid defensively, for the most part, that sometimes it can go unnoticed how well of a job he is doing.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

i thought the oracle was noisy.. but damn.. HP seems pretty damn loud on TV.. i'd love to watch a playoff game

Playoff games at the Tank are something else. Brodie Brazil tweeted last night that at one point it was 123 decibels in there.
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on May 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM ]

You gotta go to one. The intensity and the atmosphere is AMAZING.

sedin better be suspended for the next game
sedin better be suspended for the next game

yeah that was hella dirty
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

You gotta go to one. The intensity and the atmosphere is AMAZING.

I have been to HP for a playoff game. San Jose does it up nice. Very good hockey town. But you want to experience an intense hockey atmosphere during the playoffs,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7O5LZc59Os

There is one from the previous Cup where the Flames made a run, couldn't find it. Same thing. Then the party on the Red Mile after, insane. As you guys already know, hockey is a religion in Canada. When a Canadian team makes a run to the cup, s**t just goes up another notch. There is nothing like it in sports. Maybe World Cup soccer in the home country that actually wins would beat it but it wouldn't be by much.

In video above, listen to the crowd when the Oilers skate onto the ice. ... deafening.
[ Edited by SportsFan on May 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I have been to HP for a playoff game. San Jose does it up nice. Very good hockey town. But you want to experience an intense hockey atmosphere during the playoffs,

There is one from the previous Cup where the Flames made a run, couldn't find it. Same thing. Then the party on the Red Mile after, insane. As you guys already know, hockey is a religion in Canada. When a Canadian team makes a run to the cup, s**t just goes up another notch. There is nothing like it in sports. Maybe World Cup soccer in the home country that actually wins would beat it but it wouldn't be by much.

In video above, listen to the crowd when the Oilers skate onto the ice. ... deafening.

That was a great series. I was rooting for Edmonton, I really thought they were going to find a way to win game 7.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

That was a great series. I was rooting for Edmonton, I really thought they were going to find a way to win game 7.

Heart breaker man. Back to back to back years (with a strike thrown in the middle). Flames in 2004. That was a goal in game 6. Should have never gone 7. The 2006 was epic. Rolson going down game way. Jussi Markkanen coming in for game 2 (after forget his name screwed game 1). Stood on his head for the series. Cam Ward in game 7 was insane, even though he is an Albertan boy he was pissing me off with the saves he made. Heart breaking. Just heart breaking.

Not so much an Ottawa fan but .. they blew it as well.
[ Edited by SportsFan on May 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone