There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
iginla to pitt, theyre stacked. boston still in the mix for clowe so they may give up a good amount for him

Iginla went to Boston. Not sure if that takes them out of the running for Clowe.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=662496&navid=nhl:topheads

In a shocking turn of events on a wild Thursday morning, the Calgary Flames announced that they've traded franchise icon Jarome Iginla to the Penguins for Pittsburgh's first-round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, the rights to unsigned draft choice Kenneth Agostino and unsigned draft choice Ben Hanowski.

Whoa!!! I stand corrected.. Pitt is loaded. I guess Clowe to Boston could still happen.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Tommy Wingels with 2A and a G. Great night for him.

Nice to get a shutout against the effin ducks.

back to back wins vs the 2nd best team in the west.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

Whoa!!! I stand corrected.. Pitt is loaded. I guess Clowe to Boston could still happen.

i talked to my friend whos a boston fan and he said he thinks its not going to happen because they need a pure scorer not a powerforward... they have a better one in Lucic who is having a Clowe-type year as well.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Spanking the Red Wings would really make my night.

Spanking the Red Wings would really make my night.
same here !
BACK TO BACK SHUT OUT WINS!!!
Hmm... I'm starting to get excited about sharks hockey once again.

i talked to my friend whos a boston fan and he said he thinks its not going to happen because they need a pure scorer not a powerforward... they have a better one in Lucic who is having a Clowe-type year as well.

There's always Montreal, supposedly they offered a former 1st rd pick Louis Leblanc who was proclaimed as a French hope playing for Montreal but guess the pressure got to him and nashville's 2nd rd pick.
Nice start to the home stand. Good to see these guys put together a few solid outings in a row.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
back to back shut outs!

looks like trading dougie murray sent a message that they better get their s**t together.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Hmm... I'm starting to get excited about sharks hockey once again.

This!
Gotta play fast and physical against Phoenix -- they are going to want to punish us (probably look for a few cheap shots too) -- so we have to match and exceed that.
With Demers out today, does Burns go back on defense? I'd rather keep him on the wing and not mess with the lines right now.
With Demers out today, does Burns go back on defense? I'd rather keep him on the wing and not mess with the lines right now.

Agree 100% -- I do NOT want to see Burns on D, but it looks like they may be doing that...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=15841

Burns could move back to defense for Sharks

SAN JOSE -- San Jose Sharks defenseman Jason Demers has been ruled out for Saturday night's game against the Phoenix Coyotes, likely forcing the return of Brent Burns to the blue line.

"He's not going to play tonight," Sharks coach Todd McLellan said of Demers. "Not feeling good today."

Demers took a hard shoulder-to-head hit from Detroit Red Wings center Cory Emmerton in the first period Thursday night. Although Demers finished the game, that hit raises obvious questions about a potential concussion. McClellan was asked whether Demers is out because of the Emmerton hit.

"He's not going to play tonight," McLellan repeated. "He's not feeling good today." ...

McLellan said the Sharks have a defenseman en route to San Jose from their American Hockey League team in Worcester, Mass., but he's not expected to arrive in time to play against Phoenix. McLellan declined to name the defenseman.

Worcester is playing right now. I checked to see who was not active -- It looks like Matt Tennyson the rookie might be the guy getting called up. Makes sense since he's a puck-moving defenseman like Demers, 4th on the Worcester team in points right now.

Agree 100% -- I do NOT want to see Burns on D, but it looks like they may be doing that...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=15841

Burns could move back to defense for Sharks

SAN JOSE -- San Jose Sharks defenseman Jason Demers has been ruled out for Saturday night's game against the Phoenix Coyotes, likely forcing the return of Brent Burns to the blue line.

"He's not going to play tonight," Sharks coach Todd McLellan said of Demers. "Not feeling good today."

Demers took a hard shoulder-to-head hit from Detroit Red Wings center Cory Emmerton in the first period Thursday night. Although Demers finished the game, that hit raises obvious questions about a potential concussion. McClellan was asked whether Demers is out because of the Emmerton hit.

"He's not going to play tonight," McLellan repeated. "He's not feeling good today." ...

McLellan said the Sharks have a defenseman en route to San Jose from their American Hockey League team in Worcester, Mass., but he's not expected to arrive in time to play against Phoenix. McLellan declined to name the defenseman.

Worcester is playing right now. I checked to see who was not active -- It looks like Matt Tennyson the rookie might be the guy getting called up. Makes sense since he's a puck-moving defenseman like Demers, 4th on the Worcester team in points right now.

Booo..I had a feeling they would move Burns back. I guess it's ok for now. Just keep Pavs centering the 3rd line, and Marleau paired up with Couture on the 2nd like they have been. Tennyson is an intriguing guy. Curious to see what he can bring if he sees the ice.