There are 226 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

True.

So, as I like to keep track of what's going on in Worcester. As expected, they're doing pretty well so far (3-0-1) and rookie Mike Connolly leads the team in goals (4), points (7), and plus-minus (+5). He's 22 years old. Thing is, he'd be the smallest player on the SJ roster (5-9 180 pounds). But, that kind of size never stopped guys like Martin St. Louis (5-8 176) so you never know.. If you've got skill, you've got skill.

Oh, and anyone else surprised that Pavelski is 4th in the NHL in goals, despite playing less games than anyone else in the NHL's top goal-scorer list? Phil Kessel, the leader, is the only one scoring at a higher rate.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
True.

So, as I like to keep track of what's going on in Worcester. As expected, they're doing pretty well so far (3-0-1) and rookie Mike Connolly leads the team in goals (4), points (7), and plus-minus (+5). He's 22 years old. Thing is, he'd be the smallest player on the SJ roster (5-9 180 pounds). But, that kind of size never stopped guys like Martin St. Louis (5-8 176) so you never know.. If you've got skill, you've got skill.

Oh, and anyone else surprised that Pavelski is 4th in the NHL in goals, despite playing less games than anyone else in the NHL's top goal-scorer list? Phil Kessel, the leader, is the only one scoring at a higher rate.
kessel is beasting now
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
True.

kessel is beasting now

If Pavs scores two goals tonight (or more), he'll be on the same pace as Kessel.

Kessel 9 goals in 9 games - 1 goal per game pace.
Pavs 6 goals in 7 games - 0.9 goals per game pace.

Obviously it would be silly to expect the following total, but at that pace, Pavelski would score 70 goals. Haha. Right now though, it seems that a healthy Pavelski throughout the season is likely going to score at least 30-40 goals this year.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM ]
great win tonight!! love beating the wings
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Awesome win!!!

Im already drunk at a bar in downtown sj and its like 830 lol

Im at The Divfe bar on Santa Clara st! Come say hi to me b***hesss
Wow I was out tonight, but based on the highlights it looks like the Sharks were all over the Wings today. Great to win against a team with a winning record.

Looks like Worcester won too, moving to 4-0-1. Rookie Mike Connolly had two more points (1 G, 1 A) and was +2. That puts him at 9 points with 5 goals and 4 assists and plus-7 rating through five games.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 28, 2011 at 9:27 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Great road trip so far. Havlat returned and now everything has started to click. I love Havlat's skating, passing and puck handling skills. Huge upgrade over Heatley in those areas.
Frick!! I didn't realize we had a game tonight. Think I misread the schedule. Oh well.. only missed one goal and we have the lead at least.
our pk is absolutely horrendous, nothing has changed on the pk from last yr. it looks like we played last night though, were giving up too many scoring chances
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
our pk is absolutely horrendous, nothing has changed on the pk from last yr. it looks like we played last night though, were giving up too many scoring chances

I would agree our PK is reaaally bad. Other than that the Sharks played well, but they got reaaally lucky on that penalty call in OT. That was a bad call, and I'd be LIVID if it had happened to the Sharks. Usually SJ is the one getting absolutely hosed by the refs; refs stealing obvious goals from them, phantom penalties, nonstop BS, etc.. Not used to seeing calls go their way like that one.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
We give up the entry way too easy on the PK, our biggest problem. Getting a third liner winger who can score a little and help the PK should be Wilson's trade target later this season. We're getting nothing offensively from McGinn and Mitchell.

Anyway great game from Greiss.
[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 30, 2011 at 4:12 AM ]
Nice lil road trip
Originally posted by Hopper:
We give up the entry way too easy on the PK, our biggest problem. Getting a third liner winger who can score a little and help the PK should be Wilson's trade target later this season. We're getting nothing offensively from McGinn and Mitchell.

Anyway great game from Greiss.

Yeah, Mitchell isn't the same without Pavelski and Wellwood on a line with him. I don't know if we expected Sheppard to eventually be that kind of 3rd-line player, but yeah. We need a Malhotra/Wellwood kind of guy who is good defensively but can also score.
5-0 on a 6 game road trip. That's great stuff right there. Hopefully they can complete the road sweep on Monday.

Go Sharks!
National TV on Monday with the game being on Versus. Let's do it.
Share 49ersWebzone