LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I wonder how long we're going to have to wait until we see this team consistently look ALIVE over the course of a season..

There always seems to be one area that just disappears on this team.. whether the offense, the defense, or PK/PP. Right now the offense/PP are a joke.

our entire offense is missing right now
  • Garce
  • Veteran
how the f**k is that not a goal?

the goalie shift all the way to block thornton shot, throwing himself in thornton... yet thornton gets called for interference and no goal is counted?

b******t
ouch
  • Garce
  • Veteran
nice save by Niemi.

Great hustle from Tommy Wingels.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
wtf is gomez doing on the power play.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
this f**king team man.....
was waiting for that

blow this team up except for marleau
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
was waiting for that

blow this team up except for marleau

id consider giving him up too. but you have to get good value, young potential stars and a 1st round pick.

I posted who I would keep, but the list is short. Burns, Braun, Vlasic, Desjardins, Maybe Demers and Pavs but thats it.
Another L..
Thornton has dropped the gloves twice in less than ten days. That says it all.
[ Edited by SFrush on Feb 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM ]

Originally posted by SFrush:

Team has no fire or focus?
  • Garce
  • Veteran

thats what he does to fire the team up.
stupid. never works.

thats just what this team needs our best player to be out for 5 minutes.
Originally posted by Garcia:

thats what he does to fire the team up.
stupid. never works.

thats just what this team needs our best player to be out for 5 minutes.

Exactly. Team is lifeless no matter what anyone does. Keep good players that have heart, remove the trash.

There are many players of old that I miss that clearly played with a lot of heart: Cheechoo (who by the way in the AHL right now has 15 points in 11 games and is +2), Setoguchi, Scott Nichol, and Rob Blake are just a few that are no longer around for various reasons. But these guys certainly helped create excitement. Right now there is just nothing.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Exactly. Team is lifeless no matter what anyone does. Keep good players that have heart, remove the trash.

There are many players of old that I miss that clearly played with a lot of heart: Cheechoo (who by the way in the AHL right now has 15 points in 11 games and is +2), Setoguchi, Scott Nichol, and Rob Blake are just a few that are no longer around for various reasons. But these guys certainly helped create excitement. Right now there is just nothing.

Seto was a such a catalyst.

I can't really blame the move. but its obvious we miss him. especially with burns constantly battling injuries.

I think Manny Maholtra was a big loss too. Great 3rd line guy. We have nothing on 3rd and 4th lines.

I also really like Jamie McGinn. Tough guy, grinder and he can score. He can fight. Gritty guy and they traded him for nothing. He's currently 3rd on the Avs in points with 11, 3 goals and 8 assists....
[ Edited by Garcia on Feb 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Seto was a such a catalyst.

I can't really blame the move. but its obvious we miss him. especially with burns constantly battling injuries.

I think Manny Maholtra was a big loss too. Great 3rd line guy. We have nothing on 3rd and 4th lines.

I also really like Jamie McGinn. Tough guy, grinder and he can score. He can fight. Gritty guy and they traded him for nothing. He's currently 3rd on the Avs in points with 11, 3 goals and 8 assists....
Wouldn't go that far. He was a streaky goal scorer that wasn't a great passer and he struggles defensively.

All fans in Minnesota fans I've chatted with on HFboards aren't that impressed with him.
Share 49ersWebzone