LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by ads_2006:
galliardi files for arbitration

and

apparently shea weber was spotted in town talking with doug wilson and coach TMcC

Good I hope he leaves. Galiardi sucks.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

and

apparently shea weber was spotted in town talking with doug wilson and coach TMcC

I cant blame him for what he did, it makes sense from a business standpoint

and

I cant blame him for what he did, it makes sense from a business standpoint

*Shrug* I don't wish him harm or anything. But I'll be really relieved if he's not on the roster and someone with actual skill instead of just speed will be there instead.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Sharks sign 29 Year Old Adam Burish to a 4 year deal.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/_/id/3395/adam-burish

Seams like a solid 3/4Liner
Originally posted by Garcia:
Sharks sign 29 Year Old Adam Burish to a 4 year deal.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/_/id/3395/adam-burish

Seams like a solid 3/4Liner

This is pretty old news.

In newer news.. apparently something happened with Galiardi... His twitter makes it seems like he'll be here next year.

Quote:
http://twitter.com/TJGaliardi

TJ Galiardi ‏@TJGaliardi

Very happy to be back with the sharks next year, looking forward to a great season with the boys! ‪#redemption
hired larry robinson

Great D coach, Hall of Famer

this alone makes it a solid offseason for D will
@PollakOnSharks#Sjsharks on list of teams courting Doan. "Yes there is strong mutual interest. Have been in contact with Mr. Wilson" -- agent Terry Bross.
hired larry robinson

love this <3
@PollakOnSharks#Sjsharks on list of teams courting Doan. "Yes there is strong mutual interest. Have been in contact with Mr. Wilson" -- agent Terry Bross.

Good news, but we're one of eleven teams.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_21039246/phoenix-coyotes-captain-shane-doan-eyeing-sharks

There is "strong mutual interest" between the Sharks and Phoenix Coyote captain Shane Doan, according to the veteran forward's agent.

Doan, 35, became one of the premier prizes remaining in this year's free agent market July 1. A left wing who has scored 788 points in 1,198 games, Doan wanted to wait a week before talking with other teams so he could better assess the likelihood the Coyotes would be able to remain in their present location.

His agent, Terry Bross, has indicated at least 11 teams -- including Sharks general manager Doug Wilson -- have called about Doan.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_21039246/phoenix-coyotes-captain-shane-doan-eyeing-sharks

There is "strong mutual interest" between the Sharks and Phoenix Coyote captain Shane Doan, according to the veteran forward's agent.

Doan, 35, became one of the premier prizes remaining in this year's free agent market July 1. A left wing who has scored 788 points in 1,198 games, Doan wanted to wait a week before talking with other teams so he could better assess the likelihood the Coyotes would be able to remain in their present location.

His agent, Terry Bross, has indicated at least 11 teams -- including Sharks general manager Doug Wilson -- have called about Doan.

Be more than happy to have Doan. Pretty underrated player.

hired larry robinson

Did we get rid of one of our old assistant coaches?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Be more than happy to have Doan. Pretty underrated player.

I actually think Doan is pretty much done as a player, I dont' think there is much gas left in the tank. But he could still be a true quality character guy in the locker room and potentially chip in 20 goals from the 3rd line which is damn good. But I think his top 6 days are definately gone.

And Doan is one of the classiest players in the league. When in PHX during the summer, he was a regular at a number of rinks at drop ins playing with just random people. How cooll is that that you go to a drop in/pick up game and a pro is there?
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM ]
doan is done as a player?

will fit right in SJ then
Originally posted by Goldson38:

Yup. Matt Shaw was let go.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Goldson38:

Yup. Matt Shaw was let go.

And added another in Jim Johnson from Washington.

Add:

Jim Johnson - Washington (defensive-minded coach)
Larry Robinson (defensive-minded coach, HOF player and coach, 9 Stanley Cups overall collectively as player/coach)

Lose:
Matt Shaw - Part of staff that saw defense and STs regress.

Yeah I think we turned a profit/gain there.
Share 49ersWebzone