There are 161 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Wow, what a game. Crawford got schooled in the SO.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Wow, what a game. Crawford got schooled in the SO.

i felt the game was very sloppy for whatever reason.

Felt like the sharks were just fighting the puck all night, but the grinded it out and got the W.

so, do we roll with 7 dmen now? or was Demers just hurt last night.

Vlasic - Boyle
Bruan - Irwin
Stuart - Hannan (very, very, very slow combo)
Niemi sucks
WTF Niemi?
Wow. That might have been the worst 3 minute stretch of the season.
Burish is back!!! Whoo Hoooo

jk he blows
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Stalock doe
Originally posted by Garcia:
Stalock doe

Stalockdown
See you guys after the break!

80 points at the break and it doesn't even feel like it lol

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I know right, and with injuries. Can't wait until we get couture, Torres and possibly Hertl later on.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I know right, and with injuries. Can't wait until we get couture, Torres and possibly Hertl later on.

for real, it will be a huge Boost!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

for real, it will be a huge Boost!

The is probably the deepest Sharks team I have ever witnessed as a fan. We have player after player we could just plug right in and hardly miss a beat. We're doing this while missing three big-time stars/contributors. Sure we're not winning them all, but this team for the most part has been consistently good.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by some of the prospects I've been tracking in Worcester; there seems to be a ton of improvement happening with several players: Defensemen Doherty, Acolatse, Tennyson, and even Abelthsauser has been on the rise with strong play lately.

On offense you've got Freddie Hamilton lighting it up, with contributions kicking up from Travis Oleskuk, Brodie Reid, and Eriah Hayes. Another name to mention is young Yanni Gourde. There was huge talk about him potentially being a Brian Gionta type -- based on his stature -- to be a late bloomer and get a shot at some point. Gourde since moving back up to Worcester has been ridiculous. In 13 games, he's put up 17 points and a +5 rating (best on the team right now, Acolatse is 2nd with +4)
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The is probably the deepest Sharks team I have ever witnessed as a fan. We have player after player we could just plug right in and hardly miss a beat. We're doing this while missing three big-time stars/contributors. Sure we're not winning them all, but this team for the most part has been consistently good.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by some of the prospects I've been tracking in Worcester; there seems to be a ton of improvement happening with several players: Defensemen Doherty, Acolatse, Tennyson, and even Abelthsauser has been on the rise with strong play lately.

On offense you've got Freddie Hamilton lighting it up, with contributions kicking up from Travis Oleskuk, Brodie Reid, and Eriah Hayes. Another name to mention is young Yanni Gourde. There was huge talk about him potentially being a Brian Gionta type -- based on his stature -- to be a late bloomer and get a shot at some point. Gourde since moving back up to Worcester has been ridiculous. In 13 games, he's put up 17 points and a +5 rating (best on the team right now, Acolatse is 2nd with +4)

Always appreciate the knowledge OTC
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Always appreciate the knowledge OTC

yeah agreed, great stuff man
Share 49ersWebzone