LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Rookie Freddie Hamilton scored tonight, Hertl scored last night. So far, they seem to be doing well. Oh yeah, and the jerseys still stink.

New unis are sweet
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Sep 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM ]
Raffi Torres out 3-4 months with ACL injury. Huge loss!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Raffi Torres out 3-4 months with ACL injury. Huge loss!

Wow. So basically won't be ready until about playoff time. And even then I don't know about that..

This means Hertl is a lock to make the team now. Wonder who else makes the team. This is the latest camp roster (34 players): http://sharks.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDF/20130922-tc-roster.pdf

Sharks also signed d-man Mirco Mueller to a contract already so this means he could be ready to go sooner than anticipated: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=683561
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM ]
Also read something about Boyle wanting to finish his career with the Sharks. Maybe he takes a paycut (or retires) after this season. But that enormous contract is too much for us to carry next year with all the guys we're going to want to bring in.

Right now, with Torres and Havlat out to start the season, this is my guess for the starting lines (educated guess from current reports and pre-season line combos):

OFFENSE
Marleau-Couture-Kennedy
Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Nieto-Pavelski-Wingels
Hamilton-Sheppard-Desjardins
Depth: Burish (until healthy)

DEFENSE
Irwin-Boyle
Vlasic-Braun
Stuars-Demers
Depth: Hannan, Tennyson

GOALIE
Niemi-Stalock

IR
Havlat, Torres

Return to Worcester
Doherty, Petrecki, Pelech, Kearns
2 goals by Hertl tonight.
Originally posted by NumberOneFan:
2 goals by Hertl tonight.

I think that's huge, based on Todd McLellan's earlier comments about "He's been playing against a mix of AHL and NHL players" right now, and that "Vancouver will give us a better idea".

I just don't see him getting sent to Worcester. He fits in great on the line with Joe-T and Burnsy.
I think that's huge, based on Todd McLellan's earlier comments about "He's been playing against a mix of AHL and NHL players" right now, and that "Vancouver will give us a better idea".

I just don't see him getting sent to Worcester. He fits in great on the line with Joe-T and Burnsy.

And with Torres out, I think it increases his chances of staying.
Final cuts made: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=684804
Final roster: http://sharks.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDF/20130930-tc-roster.pdf

Freddie Hamilton, Matt Nieto, and Tomas Hertl all made the team. Outside of Tennyson, I guessed the final roster exactly right.

Also read something about Boyle wanting to finish his career with the Sharks. Maybe he takes a paycut (or retires) after this season. But that enormous contract is too much for us to carry next year with all the guys we're going to want to bring in.

Right now, with Torres and Havlat out to start the season, this is my guess for the starting lines (educated guess from current reports and pre-season line combos):

OFFENSE
Marleau-Couture-Kennedy
Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Nieto-Pavelski-Wingels
Hamilton-Sheppard-Desjardins
Depth: Burish (until healthy)

DEFENSE
Irwin-Boyle
Vlasic-Braun
Stuars-Demers
Depth: Hannan, Tennyson

GOALIE
Niemi-Stalock

IR
Havlat, Torres
I'm sure that coach will find a way to make them healthy scratches.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
I'm sure that coach will find a way to make them healthy scratches.

Of course. We'll just play with three lines and the "rookie line" of Nieto-Hertl-Hamilton will sit and rest.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Super late, but the game I went to Hertl looked good, scored a couple goals. Dude will make the lineup and be productive.
love all these good looking young players! This season looks promising even with that douche Havlat
  • Garce
  • Veteran
AND HERE WE GO....

GO SHARKS!

[ Edited by Garcia on Oct 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
NHL Futures on Hertl

31. Tomas Hertl, C – San Jose SharksHeight: 6-2, Weight: 198, Spring ranking – 35

Hertl is an excellent two-way forward with a blue collar work ethic and a lot of skill. He thrives along the boards with his size and strength, and can be a difficult opponent in one-on-one battles. His physical game is quite mature having played against men for all of last season, and he is not going to shy away from the tough stuff, perhaps to a fault. Given his supporting cast, and the likelihood that he will play on a scoring line in San Jose, Hertl has a real shot at carving out a name for himself in his rookie season and should be considered a dark horse for the Calder Trophy.
Share 49ersWebzone