There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2013-14 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS Thread ***

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hertl official signing announcement: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672854

Raffi Torres hoping to stay with SJ: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672791

if he wants to stay at 900k at year

to big of a risk to sign to a significant deal. He has a target on his back (unfairly to some degree)

He's definitely on Shanahan's s**t list. I would let him walk.

why? he gave this team a toughness we haven't had and was def a spark for us

Inevitable suspensions. Any hit even borderline dirty and the league is coming down hard on him.
Todd McLellan extended by San Jose Sharks: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673698

Sharks sign Swedish forward, Peter Emanuelsson: http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sharks-sign-swedish-forward-petter-emanuelsson

Also, in other news I'm reading the Sharks may let Petrecki walk, even if he would be willing to sign for the minimum due to the fact that so many of the other younger prospects they have are already progressed to beyond his level. Petrecki may be a late bloomer, so I think if he'll take the minimum, I'd keep him in Worcester as a back-up maybe. But with so much defensive talent among our prospects, they could have a point in letting him go in favor of developing guys like Tayor Doherty, Demelo, Abeltshauser, Acolatse, Lee Moffie, etc.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jun 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,174
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Todd McLellan extended by San Jose Sharks: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673698

Sharks sign Swedish forward, Peter Emanuelsson: http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sharks-sign-swedish-forward-petter-emanuelsson

Also, in other news I'm reading the Sharks may let Petrecki walk, even if he would be willing to sign for the minimum due to the fact that so many of the other younger prospects they have are already progressed to beyond his level. Petrecki may be a late bloomer, so I think if he'll take the minimum, I'd keep him in Worcester as a back-up maybe. But with so much defensive talent among our prospects, they could have a point in letting him go in favor of developing guys like Tayor Doherty, Demelo, Abeltshauser, Acolatse, Lee Moffie, etc.

Nice sneaky signing by Doug Wilson.
Hopefully he's a scoring threat on the 3rd line.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Nice sneaky signing by Doug Wilson.
Hopefully he's a scoring threat on the 3rd line.

you realize that doug wilson will sign some veteran (read:old) 3rd liner during FA

and then give the option to McCellan of playing said veteran or younger, speedier, player
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Todd McLellan extended by San Jose Sharks: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673698

Sharks sign Swedish forward, Peter Emanuelsson: http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sharks-sign-swedish-forward-petter-emanuelsson

Also, in other news I'm reading the Sharks may let Petrecki walk, even if he would be willing to sign for the minimum due to the fact that so many of the other younger prospects they have are already progressed to beyond his level. Petrecki may be a late bloomer, so I think if he'll take the minimum, I'd keep him in Worcester as a back-up maybe. But with so much defensive talent among our prospects, they could have a point in letting him go in favor of developing guys like Tayor Doherty, Demelo, Abeltshauser, Acolatse, Lee Moffie, etc.

Nice sneaky signing by Doug Wilson.
Hopefully he's a scoring threat on the 3rd line.

He did have 8 points (6 of them goals) with a +8 rating in 13 playoffs games in Europe this year, so the kid has skill. He does look like a potential 3rd/4th round scoring threat who can play solidly in his own zone and not be a defensive liability. Really really looking forward to see how the TC roster shakes out.


Originally posted by ads_2006:
you realize that doug wilson will sign some veteran (read:old) 3rd liner during FA

and then give the option to McCellan of playing said veteran or younger, speedier, player

You never know. The vet would have to come at a low price. Emanuelsson's deal was for about $780K/year (Tommy Wingels is slated to make $775K this coming season).
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jun 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
I think we need to trade Havlat once Hertl and Nieto come up. Havlat's $5 million salary needs to come off the books because Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Couture are all FA's after next season (unless we extend some of them this off-season).

Boyle is another huge salary (6.7 million) that will come off the books in 2014 if he is not re-signed or if he's traded next season. But I think keeping him may give us the best shot at a cup for this next season. Then the young defenders we have waiting in the wings should be set to take over (we may want to look for a successor in the draft because I personally think we need Burns on offense).
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jun 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,174
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think we need to trade Havlat once Hertl and Nieto come up. Havlat's $5 million salary needs to come off the books because Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Couture are all FA's after next season (unless we extend some of them this off-season).

Boyle is another huge salary (6.7 million) that will come off the books in 2014 if he is not re-signed or if he's traded next season. But I think keeping him may give us the best shot at a cup for this next season. Then the young defenders we have waiting in the wings should be set to take over (we may want to look for a successor in the draft because I personally think we need Burns on offense).

Havlat is such garbage, please gtfo you injury prone douche.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think we need to trade Havlat once Hertl and Nieto come up. Havlat's $5 million salary needs to come off the books because Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Couture are all FA's after next season (unless we extend some of them this off-season).

Boyle is another huge salary (6.7 million) that will come off the books in 2014 if he is not re-signed or if he's traded next season. But I think keeping him may give us the best shot at a cup for this next season. Then the young defenders we have waiting in the wings should be set to take over (we may want to look for a successor in the draft because I personally think we need Burns on offense).

Havlat is such garbage, please gtfo you injury prone douche.

Hopefully we can get rid of him and have a worthy successor to Boyle emerge for 2014 and beyond. That would give us an extra $12 million in cap room about to get some legitimate pieces to continue our Cup contention. I think that would be plenty to add a big name, maybe on defense, considering Freddie Hamilton, Nieto, and Hertl all are expected to join the NHL roster in the near future.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think we need to trade Havlat once Hertl and Nieto come up. Havlat's $5 million salary needs to come off the books because Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Couture are all FA's after next season (unless we extend some of them this off-season).

Boyle is another huge salary (6.7 million) that will come off the books in 2014 if he is not re-signed or if he's traded next season. But I think keeping him may give us the best shot at a cup for this next season. Then the young defenders we have waiting in the wings should be set to take over (we may want to look for a successor in the draft because I personally think we need Burns on offense).

Havlat is such garbage, please gtfo you injury prone douche.


couldnt have said it any better, the idiot goes to the coaching staff and says he can play in a game were down 2-0 and doesn't even finish the 1st period leaving us under manned
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,174
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
couldnt have said it any better, the idiot goes to the coaching staff and says he can play in a game were down 2-0 and doesn't even finish the 1st period leaving us under manned

just been way over paid to literally do nothing. he's scored like 15 goals in 2 seasons. Arguably his worst two seasons as a Pro have been with the sharks... maybe he bounces back, but probably not. 32 and injury prone, no thanks - and hes not a 5m/year player anymore.
Couture signed an extension!
@brodiebrazilCSN Breaking News: Logan Couture has just agreed to a contract extension with #sjsharks.

@KKurzCSN Expect Logan Couture's contract extension to be five years, taking him through the 2018-19 season. One year left on current deal. #SJSharks
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jun 18, 2013 at 7:13 AM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,174
The next Captain.

Good job dougie.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
@brodiebrazilCSN Breaking News: Logan Couture has just agreed to a contract extension with #sjsharks.

@KKurzCSN Expect Logan Couture's contract extension to be five years, taking him through the 2018-19 season. One year left on current deal. #SJSharks

Was just about to post this too! So glad for this! Pavelski needs to be next. If we can re-sign these key pieces, I feel really good about our roster. I expect us to see what we have in Matt Tennyson on D since he's an RFA after next season. He should make the roster. Demers is OK, but so insanely inconsistent and too undisciplined at times. Not sure they're going to re-sign him.

Really like our roster going into next season. Frankly, I'd put Havlat on the third line, perhaps making something like this:

Galiardi-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Pavelski
Hertl-Wingels-Havlat
Hamilton-Gomez-Burish

Irwin-Boyle
Vlasic-Braun
Stuart-Tennyson
We needto do better than Galiardi at left wing to pair with Thornton.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jun 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home