There are 115 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Garcia:
on Galiardi's goal, I wonder if Quick's aggressiveness got the best of him there if he wasn't out so far maybe TJ doesnt score?

Galliardi did a perfect job of using the dman guarding him to block quick's view. No doubt with the way quick has played all series he would've stopped that if he saw it. But I was definitely impressed with gali's shot. Anyways we MUST get to a quick start and get that 1st goal to quiet the crowd, we cannot let the kings skate circle around us that crucial 1st period. My worst nightmare is coming out like gm 5, winning this series against the defending champs and a tough gritty kings team can propel us to just dominate the rest of the playoffs. This is the type of team the sharks needed to play against to prepare them against everything the playoffs can throw at you. So proud on how this years team has faced adversity being down 2-0, letting the refs give the kings a great chance for gm 2, winning both home games, and winning gm 6 after they knew they played like crap in gm 5. I'm not ready for this season to end especially against the kings and the way this series has gone

first goal is crucial.
Galiardi's goal was great, and I think Quick was screened some.

But FYI on hockey, the further a goalie is out from the net, the better chance he makes a save on a shot. Playing goalie is all about angles and if you are further out in net, you cut down on the open spots a guy can shoot the puck through. Goalies back up into the net more when they are preparing to have to go side-to-side (ie contemplating a pass across the net).
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

But FYI on hockey, the further a goalie is out from the net, the better chance he makes a save on a shot. Playing goalie is all about angles and if you are further out in net, you cut down on the open spots a guy can shoot the puck through. Goalies back up into the net more when they are preparing to have to go side-to-side (ie contemplating a pass across the net).

Yea he was out trying to cut down the angle. Just really a perfect shot by Galiardi. 9 out of 10 times that doesnt go in. Cant stand that guy either.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yea he was out trying to cut down the angle. Just really a perfect shot by Galiardi. 9 out of 10 times that doesnt go in. Cant stand that guy either.

hope he scores a hattrick next game just to smite you.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I wouldn't question Quicks decision making at this point. Dude is on fire. He was aggressive, I think the screen helped Galiardi's chances of scoring.

Hoping sharks can put it out tomorrow lol.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Dirty ass play by Couture. Inadvertent contact my ass.

Quickie can get f**ked. He's tripped guys behind the net, punched guys after the whistle and pissed and moaned like a 12 year old girl that didn't get a pony for her birthday when the Sharks hosed him in Game 4.

Couture was just acting has the instrument of Karma to blast that cheap shotting vajayjay.

Booyah.

So...how did Calgary do last night??

LOLZ...sorry man, I couldn't resist
[ Edited by Legbreaker on May 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

Quickie can get f**ked. He's tripped guys behind the net, punched guys after the whistle and pissed and moaned like a 12 year old girl that didn't get a pony for her birthday when the Sharks hosed him in Game 4.

Couture was just acting has the instrument of Karma to blast that cheap shotting vajayjay.

Booyah.

You better hope they win tomorrow....haha. :)
[ Edited by SportsFan on May 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]

Booyah.

LOL coming from the guy who likes the team with Guiliadi on it, who trips quick and says to the media "he knows how to fall" Then cross checks quick and gets called on it and plays it off to the media as if he did nothing wrong and quick dived. You guys have been all over quick all series, just like the blues were. Quick isaint a p***y and isaint afraid to mix it up. He has a skaters mentality. Get over it.
Originally posted by Garcia:

hope he scores a hattrick next game just to smite you.

Theres always one guy on every team that trys way too hard to get into quicks head, and looks like a tool doing it. For the blues it was Perron. For you guys its Guiliardi.

Hes a tool.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
LOL coming from the guy who likes the team with Guiliadi on it, who trips quick and says to the media "he knows how to fall" Then cross checks quick and gets called on it and plays it off to the media as if he did nothing wrong and quick dived. You guys have been all over quick all series, just like the blues were. Quick isaint a p***y and isaint afraid to mix it up. He has a skaters mentality. Get over it.

I'm indifferent on Galiardi. He's an energy player, and sometimes play the "pest" role, but he's not as disciplined as I'd like.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm indifferent on Galiardi. He's an energy player, and sometimes play the "pest" role, but he's not as disciplined as I'd like.

Gali can skate and sometimes ...love when he can put some moves on out there and take the puck to the net
Tonight is the night to break the curse boys
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Tonight is the night to break the curse boys

Our curse is the conference finals.

Booyah.

Wonk, wonk, wonk...did you do the voice for the grown ups in Charlie Brown cartoons?

Take some Zoloft, homie. I was giving my buddy some crap...no need to get your jockeys in a twist.

Either way, this exchange will end after tonight, one way or the other. Here's hoping Galli drops a hat trick on "Captain Game Misconduct."
Share 49ersWebzone