LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
had it been torres or cooke they would have been imo

who was that carter? williamson?

what pisses me off is we should be up 2-1.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Sharks played GREAT last game....aside from the HORRIBLE turnover and cheap goal... I loved the energy they played with and I felt like we were out hustling, hitting and beating the kings in 50/50 plays on the boards... great game.

Hopefully this carries over so we can tie this bish up.
Originally posted by Garcia:

who was that carter? williamson?

what pisses me off is we should be up 2-1.

It was Trevor Lewis I believe.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

WTF? You got the f**king call for the cross check Brown. What are you whining about that for?

Quick took it to the mask AFTER he got away with a trip behind the net. He should have been checked...so take the love tap he got as a gift and move on.

We grandstanded on Torres? What a f**king joke. Did our GM have a whiny mcb***hfest in the tunnel with league officials after the game? No. Is the head the principal point of contact on the hit going frame by frame? No. Did Stoll break the #1 rule in hockey when he dropped his head and bent to play the puck with his hand? Yes.

Regardless, a player was suspended for reputation on a hit that wouldn't earn ANYONE ELSE IN THE f**kING NHL a series long suspension. Carter has gotten away with far more this series. Funny that you talk about even application of the rules.
Did you not watch the brown play? he was cross checked on the ground 4 or 5 times, got up then got cross checked again, thats when he finally got the call. He was also bloody, and if im not mistaken, blood /= a two minute minor.

You also ignore plays like gomez elbow. Several hits or Quick etc. But im over it. I was never really angry about anything to begin with like you obviously are. I complained about the consistancy, and i still beleive it has been horrible. Congrats. You guys won. On to game 4.

And yes, you grandstanded on torres. Thats why your club just got 100,000 fine. It was you guys crying and whining about the torres hit, Not the other way around.
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/5/19/4345940/raffi-torres-suspension-sharks-fined

Anyone watching that hit without a biased eye can see that it was 90% head. I understand you dont see it that way, and thats fine, but obviously the league felt the same way. And LOL at blameing stoll. Thats typical of someone that knows they are guilty. Blame the victim. You Sound like Thornton. Torres, or anyone else would have got to games for that hit, but since torres has a history, he got the series. He wasnt suspended simply because of his rep, but his rep did effect the durration of the suspension.

Again its pretty comical to see fans in such an uproar through two games of hockey, who have the third "go their way" attempt to condemn the opposing teams players for having complaints, when their own club did nothing but complain non stop for the first two games. When one mandatory gets called on you its "we got screwed" But when the same mandatory got called on us in game three, its not even mentioned. It doesnt matter when it occurs in game. Its a mandatory. But then when its open season on Quick all game long, but there are no calls, and then there is a justified call for you guys at the end of the game, and people bring up consistancy its "well thats payback for game two" or "well quick deserved it".

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Where's idahos vid..he was so quick to post a vid about Torres

What video would you like me to post?

Obviously some of you have an inability to read my posts. The first thing i said (after congratulating you guys on the win) was that it was a valid call.

trying to figure out how the shooter fell lol

f*ggot should be suspended IMO

I was so scared on that play thinking the game was gonna be over
Sharks played GREAT last game....aside from the HORRIBLE turnover and cheap goal... I loved the energy they played with and I felt like we were out hustling, hitting and beating the kings in 50/50 plays on the boards... great game.

We've out played them for all 3 games, I'll give them game 1 since quick was unbelievable but we should definitely be up 2-1. We tie this baby up I'm very confident we take gm 5 in LA and end this in 6
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

We've out played them for all 3 games, I'll give them game 1 since quick was unbelievable but we should definitely be up 2-1. We tie this baby up I'm very confident we take gm 5 in LA and end this in 6

I hope you're right.

Jumbo has been lights out. I would like to see him get some more assists but if he can put some big screens on quick I will take that.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Did you not watch the brown play? he was cross checked on the ground 4 or 5 times, got up then got cross checked again, thats when he finally got the call. He was also bloody, and if im not mistaken, blood /= a two minute minor.

You also ignore plays like gomez elbow. Several hits or Quick etc. But im over it. I was never really angry about anything to begin with like you obviously are. I complained about the consistancy, and i still beleive it has been horrible. Congrats. You guys won. On to game 4.

And yes, you grandstanded on torres. Thats why your club just got 100,000 fine. It was you guys crying and whining about the torres hit, Not the other way around.
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/5/19/4345940/raffi-torres-suspension-sharks-fined

Anyone watching that hit without a biased eye can see that it was 90% head. I understand you dont see it that way, and thats fine, but obviously the league felt the same way. And LOL at blameing stoll. Thats typical of someone that knows they are guilty. Blame the victim. You Sound like Thornton. Torres, or anyone else would have got to games for that hit, but since torres has a history, he got the series. He wasnt suspended simply because of his rep, but his rep did effect the durration of the suspension.

Again its pretty comical to see fans in such an uproar through two games of hockey, who have the third "go their way" attempt to condemn the opposing teams players for having complaints, when their own club did nothing but complain non stop for the first two games. When one mandatory gets called on you its "we got screwed" But when the same mandatory got called on us in game three, its not even mentioned. It doesnt matter when it occurs in game. Its a mandatory. But then when its open season on Quick all game long, but there are no calls, and then there is a justified call for you guys at the end of the game, and people bring up consistancy its "well thats payback for game two" or "well quick deserved it".

What video would you like me to post?

Obviously some of you have an inability to read my posts. The first thing i said (after congratulating you guys on the win) was that it was a valid call.
Not angry at all. Jut find it amusing that you'd ignore Quick tripping a guy behind the net...then shriek when he gets a love tap as payback. That's called hockey.

As for the Brown hit(s) yes... We deserved to be penalized, and we were. Stop crying.

Stoll got hit in the shoulder. Head contact was incidental. Watch it frame by frame. Carter got away with the SAME THING. It was not a suspension worthy hit. Wilson stated an opinion, and got fined. At least he didn't whine to the league office RIGHT AFTER THE GAME. He stated his opinion out loud, (and correctly IMO) that Torres was attempting to go through the body, gliding, did not leave his feet, and made initial contact with the shoulder. You'll note that his comment came after Carter did essentially the same thing, with no league repercussions at all.

The comical part of this exchange is your insistence that your team is getting screwed. Believe whatever you like, but don't expect a Sharks fan to agree with you. Especially when your posts have a supremely adversarial tone. Just sayin'.
Oh man things are getting heated!

IMO, as the refs, you have to make the call against Lewis. Otherwise you set a precedent that at the end of a tied game, charge the goalie and knock him over....

It does look like a little bit of a push, but I don't see any change of direction or attempt to by Lewis. IMO Lewis felt the shove and thought "Sweet, now it will look like when I nail Niemi it was on accident."

Not to mention Niemi is lucky to be okay. Speaking of hits to the head, Lewis freaking NAILED Niemi's head.

Oh and someone said how did the Kings shooter fall on that play, if you look he was pivoting direcitons with his front fot and kicking his back leg out to get power into his shot, so he ended up with 2 legs going different directions.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM ]
I could easily see us winning 4 straight against the Kings we have pretty much outplayed them the whole series.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I could easily see us winning 4 straight against the Kings we have pretty much outplayed them the whole series.

sometimes outplaying a team in hockey is not enough...a little luck is needed..especially with the sharks
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

sometimes outplaying a team in hockey is not enough...a little luck is needed..especially with the sharks

the only luck the sharks have is bad luck
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Sharks fans chanting "BEAT L-A!" after the game tonight: https://vine.co/v/b9BwUnXQh7x

Dope !
  • Garce
  • Veteran
demers going

"I feel good and I'm ready to go...I'm chomping at the bit to play." - @JasonDemers5 says he's ready for action....
So in other news..... http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671437&navid=nhl:topheads

Demers finally skating on the forwards line! Maybe he plays there instead of Kennedy? He is bigger (6-1 200 vs. 5-10 175) and more of a puck-mover.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone