LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Idaho, why don't you go cry in the NHL thread instead?

I forgot you owned this thread.

Its about a sharks player. Why would i not bring it up in the sharks thread? Why dont you go thread police someone else sir.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
lol at Sharks fans thinking thats a clean hit

Its predictable.

It was a bad hit. Period.

And like i said in my first comment about it, Had he not had a history, i would be fine with a 2 game suspension like everyone else is getting, especially with it being playoff hockey, But the fact that he has a very extensive history with dirty hits, he deserves whatever he gets.

The hit was not clean, and the fact is Torres has shown he simply does not care where he makes contact with another player.

f**k him. Like i said i could care less about the suspension. If Stoll is out for an extended amount f time, thats a huge loss for us. A way bigger lss than the sharks losing torres.
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 21s
Sutter says Stoll is day to day but clearly not playing for a while
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/raffi-torres-takes-jarret-stoll-controversial-hit-suspension-050327507.html#more-58681

if you read comments from others, the response is mixed as to whether it was a dirty hit or not.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/raffi-torres-takes-jarret-stoll-controversial-hit-suspension-050327507.html#more-58681

if you read comments from others, the response is mixed as to whether it was a dirty hit or not.

I tend not to read yahoo comments to make my decisions on hockey plays.

I watched it live, i have watched it countless times in real time and in slow motion.

There is no defending that hit. It was a bad hit.

Like i have said many times, almost any other player i would give the benefit of the doubt on wether it was malicious or dirty, and then be ok with a two game, since that seems to be what they are handing out these days, but given Torres past, he gets no free pass. It was dirty.

Either way its a good trade for you guys. You guys lose a goon. We lose a great Faceoff man. One of our main keys to our PK, and our third line center.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
lol at Sharks fans thinking thats a clean hit

lulz if it was ott, you would have had no problems with it.

No, I've always hated Ott and was very happy to see him off the team.

I watched it live, i have watched it countless times in real time and in slow motion.

Like i have said many times, almost any other player i would give the benefit of the doubt on wether it was malicious or dirty, and then be ok with a two game, since that seems to be what they are handing out these days, but given Torres past, he gets no free pass. It was dirty.

Either way its a good trade for you guys. You guys lose a goon. We lose a great Faceoff man. One of our main keys to our PK, and our third line center.

lulz

calls us homer's cause we disagree.

Guess other hockey fans are homers too if they disagree with the call.

So is Stoll a 4th liner or a 3rd liner?

lulz

calls us homer's cause we disagree.

Guess other hockey fans are homers too if they disagree with the call.

So is Stoll a 4th liner or a 3rd liner?

Third liner.

And the ones i was calling homers were the ones calling it a clean hit and saying that it was shoulder to shoulder and he wouldnt be suspended. Anyone watching the play can see it is 90% head and 10% shoulder.

You can not call that a clean hit. You could argue if it was malicious intent or not, but considering its Torres....

And Yahoo is not really where i would go to find other hockey fans....

I havent found anyone besides sharks fans arguing that it was clean, but some are arguing if it was malicious or not. Like i said, i can understand that, but since its torres my mind is made up on that.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on May 15, 2013 at 2:55 PM ]
Stoll was the dumbazz for moving upwards before Torres got there
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Stoll was the dumbazz for moving upwards before Torres got there

Its about a sharks player. Why would i not bring it up in the sharks thread? Why dont you go thread police someone else sir.

What did you expect coming into the Sharks thread pleading for a Shark player to get suspended?

You are posting more than all other Shark posters combined. Take a pill, your team is up 1-0 in the series and coming off winning the Cup.

I'll never understand why people go into other team's threads, say something negative about that team, and act shocked when people don't like what they said.

What did you expect coming into the Sharks thread pleading for a Shark player to get suspended?

You are posting more than all other Shark posters combined. Take a pill, your team is up 1-0 in the series and coming off winning the Cup.

I'll never understand why people go into other team's threads, say something negative about that team, and act shocked when people don't like what they said.

What have i said negative about your team? I have only addressed a single player. I didnt come in and boast and brag about our win. I could have easily but i didnt.

I never will understand why people act shocked when someone comes into their teams thread when their team is playing a series against that someones team.
What have i said negative about your team? I have only addressed a single player. I didnt come in and boast and brag about our win. I could have easily but i didnt.

I never will understand why people act shocked when someone comes into their teams thread when their team is playing a series against that someones team.

I don't mind people coming in, most people on this site are pretty cool when it comes to that.

But coming in here pleading your case for why a Shark's player should be suspended, what did you think the reaction was going to be? And what is the point of doing so?

I don't mind people coming in, most people on this site are pretty cool when it comes to that.

But coming in here pleading your case for why a Shark's player should be suspended, what did you think the reaction was going to be? And what is the point of doing so?

Discussion over a serious current event in the series?

Im not pleading any case. Its pretty clear the league agrees with me, within a short time of my first osting about it it was clear he was going to be suspended. I am simply having a discussion about it.

Do you expect people to simply ignore a serious development in the series?

Im sorry you took offense to my postings, but like i said i have been nothing but civil other than laughing off a few posters calling it shoulder to shoulder contact and stating that he wouldnt be suspended.

TBH i wish i would have seen a bit of this last night, But unfortunately we dont have a Mcquaid. Nolan on the 4th line is the closest we got.

You aren't building a case as to why he should be suspended?

http://holdthepoint.com/2013/05/15/photographic-proof-why-torres-should-be-suspended-cuz-its-a-head-shot/

He gets all head. That was not shoulder to shoulder. What a joke.

Looks like that is what you are doing to me.

In any case, I am not here to argue. I was just amused you would come in here, call for Torres to get suspended, and be at all surprised that Shark fans aren't jumping up to support you.

FWIW, I think he will get suspended and deserves it. He hit him in while in a vulnerable position and looked like he was targeting his head, even if Stoll wasn't fully upright. His reputation will not help his case. If that hit were delivered to a Shark player, most fans here would be calling for a suspension as well.
Share 49ersWebzone