LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 144 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennyson get sent back after adding Hannan, but we need Demers playing with Vlasic, not Hannan, if we want to keep up our scoring pressure. I think DW is telling the truth when he says we added Hannan just for depth. Demers has bonehead moments, but the guy can create scoring chances. I think theres a reason they called up Tennyson and not a defensive defenseman.

these coaching staff stuck with muarry over demers. An older, slower player who did bring some muscle, but gave up a lot of scoring chances

so, if given the option, they might stick with hannan (who is on IR right now)
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennyson get sent back after adding Hannan, but we need Demers playing with Vlasic, not Hannan, if we want to keep up our scoring pressure. I think DW is telling the truth when he says we added Hannan just for depth. Demers has bonehead moments, but the guy can create scoring chances. I think theres a reason they called up Tennyson and not a defensive defenseman.

these coaching staff stuck with muarry over demers. An older, slower player who did bring some muscle, but gave up a lot of scoring chances

so, if given the option, they might stick with hannan (who is on IR right now)

I just think if they're smart, they'll recognize the clear difference all of a sudden when Murray was gone -- as great as he was and being a fan favorite and all -- and they should stick with the player who brings some playmaking on defense AND scoring. It just seems like a no-brainer to me. It would be puzzling for them to throw in an old Hannan over Demers, who is vastly underrated in his physicality. The guy can hit for someone who's not a "big guy."
dw is a f**king idiot, raffi torres for a damn 3rd rounder
I hate Raffi Torres!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
my dude
f**k this franchise

Torres really?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
raffi torres > mike hanzdus
SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!
Can't stand Torres. But it ticks me off even more Wilson gave up a third for a rental.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Can't stand Torres. But it ticks me off even more Wilson gave up a third for a rental.

got to pay for a third/fourth liner who can score.

Originally posted by Garcia:

With the way Wilson likes to trade up in the draft. That third round pick could've came in handy.
[ Edited by SFrush on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM ]
I hate to say it, but Torres is an upgrade over Clowe right now. Would have liked to keep the 3rd rounder, but I understand why DW made the move.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I hate to say it, but Torres is an upgrade over Clowe right now. Would have liked to keep the 3rd rounder, but I understand why DW made the move.

Essentially we traded Clowe + 3rd rounder for Torres, a 2nd, 3rd, and conditional 2nd. I can't stand Torres as a person, but I can concede that he brings talent to the team and an element that wo don't have much of right now.
Essentially we traded Clowe + 3rd rounder for Torres, a 2nd, 3rd, and conditional 2nd. I can't stand Torres as a person, but I can concede that he brings talent to the team and an element that wo don't have much of right now.

Agreed. I like the move to get Hannan as well. It basically ensures that Burns will stick at forward for the remainder of the season. He was likely just brought in for depth. I don't think we have to worry about sitting Demers for him.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Garcia:

With the way Wilson likes to trade up in the draft. That third round pick could've came in handy.

we already got a 2nd rounder for murray (maybe 2 if resigns) a 2nd for Clowe, a 3rd and 2nd (condtional 2014) and a 4th for handzus

I think we have plenty of pics to make some moves. Plus, wilson says this is a deep draft so maybe he doesnt move up.
Share 49ersWebzone